[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

Castro probaby sealed his fate with two lackluster songs and forgetting the lyrics which astounds me. But I will never, ever understand all the hoopla around David Archuleta. He is boring. He is like Melinda last year - technically can sing but no soul, no feeling to his songs. Every song pretty much sounds like the other. He never sings anything contemporary. He is boring and looks like Alfred E. Newman. He'll make the top 2 but if Cook gets beaten it will be a travesty. He is miles above the rest in performing and commercial viability.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castro probaby sealed his fate with two lackluster songs and forgetting the lyrics which astounds me. But I will never, ever understand all the hoopla around David Archuleta. He is boring. He is like Melinda last year - technically can sing but no soul, no feeling to his songs. Every song pretty much sounds like the other. He never sings anything contemporary. He is boring and looks like Alfred E. Newman. He'll make the top 2 but if Cook gets beaten it will be a travesty. He is miles above the rest in performing and commercial viability.

Yep. Cook could sell albums right now. Archuleta could only sell albums to teenage girls and the gheys.

Didn't watch last night, but here's my take:

Cook song 1 - did well on Duran Duran, easy song to sing and he has the voice. Easy to listen to, but no change up in it.

Syesha song 1 - Tina Turner version was enjoyable, seemed to have fun and challenge herself with the movements.

Castro song 1 - Marley reggae was just okay, got overshadowed by the back-up singers in parts. Ho-hum.

Archie song 1- Stand by Me, has the voice for it, the back-ups joined in well. Still needs work on stage presence. Ending = awesome.

Cook song 2 - The Who, nice build-up, but this was just a mail-it-in week by Cook. Nothing noteworthy. And rock week was his wheelhouse.

Syesha song 2 - Sam Cooke rendition, looked great, and she can sing her style real well. Nice ending. A slow song may hurt for rock week.

Castro song 2 - Bob Dylan, another ho mum performance. Forgot his words. He's in trouble this week. Deep, deep trouble.

Archie song 2 - Elvis, slow songs are his forte, focused a lot of his performance on not closing his eyes. LOL Nice, but average.

Bottom 2 should be Syesha and Castro regardless as it's a David vs David competition. Though Syesha did better than Cook. Would be cool to see Cook in the bottom 2 for a wake-up call. Hopefully Castro is shown the door, but can't discount Syesha since she usually has a real low vote support.

Side note: We could have used some Chikezi fun the last few weeks.

Edited by Riffraff

Dial Idol has Syesha and Castro in the bottom 2 with Castro going home. This is the first time this season where Dial Idol was bold enough to say someone was going home. Not that we needed Dial Idol to tell us this. Castro leaving is a no brainer.

Didn't watch last night, but here's my take:

Cook song 1 - did well on Duran Duran, easy song to sing and he has the voice. Easy to listen to, but no change up in it.

Syesha song 1 - Tina Turner version was enjoyable, seemed to have fun and challenge herself with the movements.

Castro song 1 - Marley reggae was just okay, got overshadowed by the back-up singers in parts. Ho-hum.

Archie song 1- Stand by Me, has the voice for it, the back-ups joined in well. Still needs work on stage presence. Ending = awesome.

Cook song 2 - The Who, nice build-up, but this was just a mail-it-in week by Cook. Nothing noteworthy. And rock week was his wheelhouse.

Syesha song 2 - Sam Cooke rendition, looked great, and she can sing her style real well. Nice ending. A slow song may hurt for rock week.

Castro song 2 - Bob Dylan, another ho mum performance. Forgot his words. He's in trouble this week. Deep, deep trouble.

Archie song 2 - Elvis, slow songs are his forte, focused a lot of his performance on not closing his eyes. LOL Nice, but average.

Bottom 2 should be Syesha and Castro regardless as it's a David vs David competition. Though Syesha did better than Cook. Would be cool to see Cook in the bottom 2 for a wake-up call. Hopefully Castro is shown the door, but can't discount Syesha since she usually has a real low vote support.

Side note: We could have used some Chikezi fun the last few weeks.

If you did not watch then how do you know all this stuff??

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Backstage meddling has caught up "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Jeff Archuleta's intense backstage involvement had become a source of concern for the series, the person connected with "American Idol" said - but it was a lyric change on Tuesday's show that pushed producers to act.

Despite a warning, Jeff Archuleta insisted on altering "Stand by Me," one of two songs his son sang on the show Tuesday. By adding a verse from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," the father incurred additional costs for "American Idol," the person said.

I think half the reason I watch is to see his face when his son is not the Americal Idol. And I do not think he will be. Nor will he be commercially viable. But he can continue to enter singing competitions.

I think half the reason I watch is to see his face when his son is not the Americal Idol. And I do not think he will be. Nor will he be commercially viable. But he can continue to enter singing competitions.

i swear that archie's dad is danny bonaducci(sp?)

Syesha looked great tonight but it won't be enough. If David A. wins this thing it will be a crime. He's very good...but not American Idol worthy. He reminds me of a Clay Aiken or the gray headed spastic guy that one a couple years back.

Archie 1 - Billy Joel. His forte, the slow song. He did well, but it will be soon forgotten when the next person gets on stage.

Syesha 1 - Alicia Keys. Overshadowed by the back-up singers. Her style, so it was fine. Forgettable though. Randy said she's #3. LOL

Cook 1 - Roberta Flack. Well done on the falsetto. I liked it. Could of had a little more grrrr in the voice. Best of the first songs.

Archie 2 - Chris Brown. Whoa an upbeat song. Can hear him breathing on it. Almost sounded like he mumbled some of it too.

Syesha 2 - Peggy Lee. Playing up the sex angle. Safe choice as it wasn't a challenge at all for her. Only so-so singing too.

Cook - Switchfoot. Rough beginning with mic distance. Didn't care for it much at all. But everyone kind of sucked in these middle songs.

Archie 3 - Dan Fogelberg. Well done. Very, very safe. His wheelhouse. Should put him through to next week.

Syesha 3 - Gia Farrell. The most upbeat of the night. Not challenging. A bubblegum song. Was this her "mail-it-in" week?

Cook - Aerosmith. Smart choice to end the show. Beginning sucked, got better as he went on though. Cheesy rendition over-all.

I'm still assuming it's a David vs David competition. Sorry Syesha, you didn't bring it this week.

It will be David vs. David as all fairly run competitions inevitably end up. Syesha has been in the bottom 3 for the past month and her time to go to Broadway is coming up tomorrow. I can't stand Archuleta. Cook should win this hands down.

It will be David vs. David as all fairly run competitions inevitably end up.

:D Except for that pesky David vs. Goliath one, eh? :wacko:

Syesha has been in the bottom 3 for the past month and her time to go to Broadway is coming up tomorrow.

Exactly.

I can't stand Archuleta. Cook should win this hands down.

Keyword: should.

I don't know if I want Cook to win it. He's been "my boy" since his audition and he most certainly deserves it, but do I want him locked into a Clive Davis recording deal? If I were him, winning would be awesome... but I'd actually be hoping to come in second. Will he tank it come Tuesday night? No way, but part of me hopes the bubblegummers text their little fingers off for Archuleta (who'll be nothing better than that little gay elf Clay Aiken, as someone mentioned earlier).

Should be an interesting finale, and I'm looking forward to Cook's CD and tour. I'm still a hugh Daughtry fan and think Cook can have similar success.

Edited by darin3

Will be an interesting final between the two Davids.

Could come down to the support structure.

Archie's dad getting kicked out.

- Probably hurts Archie a lot in preparations.

Cook played his cards right this week by asking that AI pay for his brother to be flown in.

- If IA does it, they appear to be showing favoritism.

- If IA doesn't, they look like schmucks in public relations.

The sentimental voting would be off the charts for Cook if his brother is flown in. Very, very very (did I say very?) smart move by Cook.