[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knee Pain

Tford

Hoping to draw on the vast Huddle knowledge, I know a few docs lurk around here and I think most everyone either has had knee problems themselves or knows someone who has.

Here's the scoop.

I feel a sharp stinging pain just under my kneecap and just above my shin bone. Left knee only. Only happens when I climb stairs or bend down to pick something up. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt at all. I managed to golf 18 holes on Friday without feeling it once. However, if I have to climb stairs, I notice it for sure with every left foot step. Wife is harping on me to see someone about it but I can't feel it unless I bend it and put weight on it. If it was serious, I'd feel it all the time right?

I did injure that knee before; MCL (ACL? Whatever one is on the inside) about 2 years ago playing goal. Rehabbed without surgery. Pain doesn't feel the same as that.

What's wrong with me? Do I need to see someone or is it just "sore"? Hoping for a little help since my internet detective work on knee injuries didn't really tell me what I want to know. TIA

Most likely something with your Meniscus.

I have/had the same pain although mine was more going down stairs then up. But it's there both ways. An MRI last Dec shows its torn on one side and frayed on the other side of the knee. Surgery is an option, but at the time they opted for 3 injections of Syn-Visc instead to try and replace the damaged cartiliage. It did take a lot of the pain away, so at this point just trying to work it to get it stronger. May have to go back for more injections after 6 months.

Ok, I was trying to think of some smart azz thing to say, but no way can I beat this one. :D:D

Remember. It is not considered a homosexual act if performed in the furtherance of your career! :wacko:

Could be any number of things. You could have arthritis forming under your patella, which would cause swelling and pain under your kneecap. Your meniscus could also be the culprit, or you could have some cartilage breakdown. Bite the bullet and get it checked out.

When you walk up stairs you put 3x your body weight on your knee, when you run you put 6x. Take the pain as a serious warning sign. Good luck.

Could be any number of things. You could have arthritis forming under your patella, which would cause swelling and pain under your kneecap. Your meniscus could also be the culprit, or you could have some cartilage breakdown. Bite the bullet and get it checked out.

When you walk up stairs you put 3x your body weight on your knee, when you run you put 6x. Take the pain as a serious warning sign. Good luck.

Good info here. We could go on and on guessing what is wrong with your knee, but without an exam by an orthopedist and appropriate testing, you'll never know exactly what's wrong. It's not something you want to ignore until it gets worse.

Hoping to draw on the vast Huddle knowledge, I know a few docs lurk around here and I think most everyone either has had knee problems themselves or knows someone who has.

Here's the scoop.

I feel a sharp stinging pain just under my kneecap and just above my shin bone. Left knee only. Only happens when I climb stairs or bend down to pick something up. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt at all. I managed to golf 18 holes on Friday without feeling it once. However, if I have to climb stairs, I notice it for sure with every left foot step. Wife is harping on me to see someone about it but I can't feel it unless I bend it and put weight on it. If it was serious, I'd feel it all the time right?

I did injure that knee before; MCL (ACL? Whatever one is on the inside) about 2 years ago playing goal. Rehabbed without surgery. Pain doesn't feel the same as that.

What's wrong with me? Do I need to see someone or is it just "sore"? Hoping for a little help since my internet detective work on knee injuries didn't really tell me what I want to know. TIA

My brother in law is a doc who works on knees. He said it sounds like Patellar Tendonitis.

In the early stages of patellar tendinitis the most common symptom is tenderness over the bottom (the ‘lower pole’) of the patella. This tenderness is more usually felt after exercise and often its uncomfortable to squat or kneel.

Rest, stretch, ice and ibuprofen are recommended. :wacko:

Hope it gets better.