[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy League Suggestions?

mhorn

Which Site?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which Site?

• Yahoo
    • NFL.com
    • ESPN.com

I'm setting up a fantasy league with a group of buddies this year and am wondering which sites everyone prefers. I've only used Yahoo's site before, but am now looking at nfl.com and espn.com as well. This will be an IDP league so I like the idea of being able to have more IDP positions than Yahoo allows. What is everyones opinion?

Guest Chappy

None of the above. MFL is the best and Fanball is pretty solid as well but doesn't have as many creative features.

Add MFL and maybe Fanball to your voting options and guaranteed one if not both of them get more votes then the ones you have listed.

Edited by Chappy

MFL. Rock solid site. We've used them for nigh on a decade. What's truly amazing about them is if you email for support, you can actually reach someone who will help.

In general, it's best to use products that specialize in one specific thing. Who does hosting your fantasy league mean more to?

Yahoo: Internet search giant. How much revenue comes from fantasy leagues? How much do they care about you?

ESPN: Media giant. Same questions.

NFL: The largest American football league in the world. Same questions.

MFL: Not only does this small company get all its revenue from fantasy hosting, it's only fantasy football hosting. That means 1) You bet your ass they care about your satisfaction. 2) They have a better idea what FF players want. 3) They devote all of their energy to making this site work and work well. Highly recommended. Have fun in your new league!

MFL. Rock solid site. We've used them for nigh on a decade. What's truly amazing about them is if you email for support, you can actually reach someone who will help.

I would change that to say you can actually reach someone who cares...

I have used most of those others and while each is okay enough in it's own way, the bottom line is how often is it up and running well and how easily can you expect/get any problems resolved. That is where MFL becomes the superior value IMO.

MFL: Not only does this small company get all its revenue from fantasy hosting, it's only fantasy football hosting. That means 1) You bet your ass they care about your satisfaction. 2) They have a better idea what FF players want. 3) They devote all of their energy to making this site work and work well. Highly recommended. Have fun in your new league!

That about covers it. :wacko:

None of the above. MFL is the best and Fanball is pretty solid as well but doesn't have as many creative features.

Add MFL and maybe Fanball to your voting options and guaranteed one if not both of them get more votes then the ones you have listed.

On the money. I've used Fanball for the last 8 years but I'm switching to MFL this year so that I can use the "Victory" scoring that MFL supports.

I think he was looking for a free option.

Yahoo isn't terrible, but it doesn't have live scoring unless you pay. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even have scoring until the next day, which is just dumb.

Are there any free sites that do live scoring?

Edit... oh, and I agree with everyone else that if you can spare the dough, myfantasyleague is the best hands-down.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I would change that to say you can actually reach someone who cares...

I have used most of those others and while each is okay enough in it's own way, the bottom line is how often is it up and running well and how easily can you expect/get any problems resolved. That is where MFL becomes the superior value IMO.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :wacko:

And their features IMO are second to none. What's even better is you can click the link The Wolf gave above and completely set up your league before spending a dime or submitting a credit card number. Then you & the owners can decide if you want to purchase it after you see what it offers. If you want to take a look at some current leagues just shoot me a PM & I'll give you a link.

If you haven't gotten it by now, most of the folks around here prefer MFL to any other FF league site. Why? Quite simply it's got the best features going and it's half the price of the pay for play sites. It is well worth the $60 a year.

If you haven't gotten it by now, most of the folks around here prefer MFL to any other FF league site. Why? Quite simply it's got the best features going and it's half the price of the pay for play sites. It is well worth the $60 a year.

:wacko:

MFL for 3 seasons now in every league, never looked back.

Cool, thanks everyone. I've posted this question on a few other boards as well and every single person has said amazing things about MFL. I've been using Yahoo the last 2 seasons and always paid the $9 for their live stat tracker. I figure that if I manage to get 10 teams in my league this season on MFL then it would actually be cheaper than yahoo's "free" site.

Cool, thanks everyone. I've posted this question on a few other boards as well and every single person has said amazing things about MFL. I've been using Yahoo the last 2 seasons and always paid the $9 for their live stat tracker. I figure that if I manage to get 10 teams in my league this season on MFL then it would actually be cheaper than yahoo's "free" site.

A wise choice.

What do you mean other boards? :wacko: