[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FREE Chad Johnson

chinatown dragons

Guest Chappy
i know there's a lot of 'man love' between him and Belichick but no way they deal for him with Moss on the roster.....

Not to mention Welker.

If, and this is a big IF, Dorsey is available at 1.04 I would ship Ocho Psycho to Oakland and take Dorsey. No idea what else would be involved with that deal, but it would be a great move on the Bengals part. Shipping CJ to Oakland would be as satisfying to the Bengals management and the fans as having him sit his sorry a$$ on the bench this year. Let him live the Randy Mioss experience.

link

Lewis says Chad Johnson should keep his word and sit out

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer

Apr 22, 6:06 pm EDT

AP - Apr 22, 2:37 pm EDT NFL Gallery CINCINNATI (AP)—The Bengals are calling Chad Johnson’s bluff.

Tired of the receiver’s posturing for a trade, coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday that Johnson should keep his word and sit out the season—the strongest comment yet from an organization that is reluctant to let him go.

The Bengals also turned down Washington’s offer of two high-round draft picks for Johnson, who had hoped to be traded before the draft this weekend. The move indicated that Johnson will be staying in Cincinnati, like it or not.

Lewis was pointed in his comments about Johnson. The Pro Bowl receiver has been disgruntled since the middle of last season, when his look-at-me antics came under criticism.

He became the epitome of Cincinnati’s 7-9 season when he sniped at quarterback Carson Palmer during a loss to New England. Johnson ran the wrong route on a pass play, resulting in a game-turning interception. He initially blamed Palmer for the problem.

Since the end of last season, Johnson has been lobbying for a trade even though he agreed to a long-term deal with the Bengals two years ago. Johnson’s contract would pay him $3 million next season and extends through 2010, with a club option for 2011.

Although Johnson stopped talking to reporters in Cincinnati, he has done numerous national interviews during which he threatened to sit out the season if he’s not traded. Lewis responded Tuesday by saying he should follow through with his threat.

“I’ve stated our case with Chad,” Lewis said. “He has a contract through 2011. He’s stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn’t going to play. I think he’s a man of his word and says he’s not going to play, so don’t play.”

On Tuesday morning, Lewis said the Bengals hadn’t received a trade offer for Johnson. Later in the day, the club released a statement saying it had turned down an offer from Washington, which was willing to give up its first-round pick and a conditional third-round pick next year.

The club has been consistent in saying it won’t trade the Pro Bowl receiver, who became the franchise leader in career catches and yards last season. He caught 93 passes for a team-record 1,440 yards.

-------------------------------

Looks to me like CJ is cleared to do as he pleases - either honor his contract or sit out & not get paid.

:wacko: to Lewis & the Bengals!

Edited by Bronco Billy

link

Lewis says Chad Johnson should keep his word and sit out

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer

Apr 22, 6:06 pm EDT

AP - Apr 22, 2:37 pm EDT NFL Gallery CINCINNATI (AP)—The Bengals are calling Chad Johnson’s bluff.

Tired of the receiver’s posturing for a trade, coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday that Johnson should keep his word and sit out the season—the strongest comment yet from an organization that is reluctant to let him go.

The Bengals also turned down Washington’s offer of two high-round draft picks for Johnson, who had hoped to be traded before the draft this weekend. The move indicated that Johnson will be staying in Cincinnati, like it or not.

Lewis was pointed in his comments about Johnson. The Pro Bowl receiver has been disgruntled since the middle of last season, when his look-at-me antics came under criticism.

He became the epitome of Cincinnati’s 7-9 season when he sniped at quarterback Carson Palmer during a loss to New England. Johnson ran the wrong route on a pass play, resulting in a game-turning interception. He initially blamed Palmer for the problem.

Since the end of last season, Johnson has been lobbying for a trade even though he agreed to a long-term deal with the Bengals two years ago. Johnson’s contract would pay him $3 million next season and extends through 2010, with a club option for 2011.

Although Johnson stopped talking to reporters in Cincinnati, he has done numerous national interviews during which he threatened to sit out the season if he’s not traded. Lewis responded Tuesday by saying he should follow through with his threat.

“I’ve stated our case with Chad,” Lewis said. “He has a contract through 2011. He’s stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn’t going to play. I think he’s a man of his word and says he’s not going to play, so don’t play.”

On Tuesday morning, Lewis said the Bengals hadn’t received a trade offer for Johnson. Later in the day, the club released a statement saying it had turned down an offer from Washington, which was willing to give up its first-round pick and a conditional third-round pick next year.

The club has been consistent in saying it won’t trade the Pro Bowl receiver, who became the franchise leader in career catches and yards last season. He caught 93 passes for a team-record 1,440 yards.

-------------------------------

Looks to me like CJ is cleared to do as he pleases - either honor his contract or sit out & not get paid.

:wacko: to Lewis & the Bengals!

This is going to get UGLY. :D

Bengals are retarded for doing this. They should think of their organization and fans before making statements like this.

Thumbs way down for M Lewis to say and do this. I understand you dont want to get bullied into making a decision and you want to make an example but at what cost. The guy does not want to play there and you know what I wont be surprised if he sits out a season or if he does play it will be ugly.

Just cut your losses and get something in return. This wont be the first time a disgruntled players shows up and wont be the last. At least get something in return and focus on the upcoming season...for the fans sake.

Bengals are retarded for doing this. They should think of their organization and fans before making statements like this.

Thumbs way down for M Lewis to say and do this. I understand you dont want to get bullied into making a decision and you want to make an example but at what cost. The guy does not want to play there and you know what I wont be surprised if he sits out a season or if he does play it will be ugly.

Just cut your losses and get something in return. This wont be the first time a disgruntled players shows up and wont be the last. At least get something in return and focus on the upcoming season...for the fans sake.

However, He got what he wanted and so what is wrong with expecting him to live up to it. Let the players know you won't play that game and others won't be so inclined to be playing that game. How many players whine, cry and threaten for a long term contract!!!!! So when they get it, make them suck it in and honor it.

I tend to agree with this. While I think its good to take a stand, and I do think CJ is being an ass, they were offerred a 1st rounder + some for him...so not exactly a terrible offer for a malcontent.

This is going to get UGLY. :wacko:

fixed

so if he is traded, then the new team gets the pleasure of negotiating a new contract for him, paying him a handsome signing bonus...only to see him want it re-done the following year.

As an Eagles fan, I have seen this movie before.....the ending sucks. No reason for a sequel.

However, He got what he wanted and so what is wrong with expecting him to live up to it. Let the players know you won't play that game and others won't be so inclined to be playing that game. How many players whine, cry and threaten for a long term contract!!!!! So when they get it, make them suck it in and honor it.

Players like Chad will always be around no matter how you treat the current Chad. They dont look back and say oh wow they acted this way so I wont do it. He has money, he wants out. Obviously its not about the $$ this time.

The Bengals are not the father of Chad and should not try to teach discipline. They are a professional sports team and a business. Stop making stands on people like this and try to maximize on the loss he is creating. By taking "moral" stands they are losing money and if I was a Bengal fan I would be pissed. Take the draft picks and try again.