[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What does your Spouse/ S.O think of the huddle ?

whomper

Your Spouses /SO thoughts on the huddle  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What does your Spouse/ SO think of the huddle ?

• They dont know about it
    • They dont care about it
    • They know what this place is about
    • They think you are nuts for spending so much time here
    • Puddy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend whose wife tries to stem the conversation from time to time. I ask her pretty much the same question....why are you trying to interrupt us from talking about something we enjoy?

95% of the married people I know beg the question "Why are they married to each other?"

I have a friend whose wife tries to stem the conversation from time to time. I ask her pretty much the same question....why are you trying to interrupt us from talking about something we enjoy?

Because she (or whoever) feels excluded by the topic. I know I don't like it when I'm around my wife's work friends and all they can talk about is mucus plugs and placenta previas and the such... especially if we're eating. So I get that, but put up with it because it goes both ways if we're out with my work friends.

But for some people its more illustrative of control issues, which is a little on the crazy side. That's when you say, "back away, not today, sexy lady."

Edited by yo mama

Because she (or whoever) feels excluded by the topic. I know I don't like it when I'm around my wife's work friends and all they can talk about is mucus plugs and placenta previas and the such... especially if we're eating. So I get that, but put up with it because it goes both ways if we're out with my work friends.

But for some people its more illustrative of control issues, which is a little on the crazy side. That's when you say, "back away, not today, sexy lady."

I am talking about times and situations when couples are together, and the menfolk are talking about something and the womenfolk are talking about something else. She will come over and try to change our conversation to something else. Sometimes. She can be an odd duck. I've known her a long time....and the behavior doesn't surprise me. It's not all the time that she does this, just sometimes when she has decided that fantasy football is not an appropriate topic for the venue. Of course we all just bowl over her...and if her husband wants to let her take his nuts back to the wimmens circle then so be it :wacko:

95% of the married people I know beg the question "Why are they married to each other?"

Larry David had a great line. Someone on his show said to him that marriage is a partnership and he said "Its more of a rivalry"

Larry David had a great line. Someone on his show said to him that marriage is a partnership and he said "Its more of a rivalry"

That would certainly play into the idea of "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer".

My girlfriend hates the huddle. She wonders why I am constantly fighting with some guy from Oregon. She hates fantasy sports, simply because the men usually end up spending most of the night talking about them whenever a group of friends get together. She actually tried to stop me from coming here, since I already spend my work days doing football related tasks. I asked her why she feels the need to make me stop every little thing I enjoy. That one wasn't pretty. I didn't get any for almsot two weeks. If she pulls that crap over this again, we are done, and she knows it. Next football season could get interesting.

wow, i think you're dating my brother's wife.

my favorite was when my sister-in-law saw all my video game systems and said to my wife, "you let him play video games?" :wacko:

Funny this was brought up. Just the other day, I mentioned something to her that I thought was interesting. She says, "where do you get all this stuff?' I said, "ah, um the innernets." She is like what? Do you spend all you time looking stupid stuff up on the internet. I said no I have all these people that do it for me. So I had to show her and she really didn't get it.

+1

Huh? who says this? nobody I know asks this? Maybe it's true... it would explain the divorce rate... Still... maybe it is the people you surround yourself with???

Huh? who says this? nobody I know asks this? Maybe it's true... it would explain the divorce rate... Still... maybe it is the people you surround yourself with???

No, it's not that.

She sounds like a keeper! :wacko:

You gotta see this one. Not the type that I will marry if I don't knock up, but I am gonna keep this one around as long as I possibly can. This is probably my last chance to date a 22 year old, so I can put up with just a little football nagging. But no, I don't for any reason see her lasting past next football season. I am sure I will be way too boring for her by then.

You gotta see this one. Not the type that I will marry if I don't knock up, but I am gonna keep this one around as long as I possibly can. This is probably my last chance to date a 22 year old, so I can put up with just a little football nagging. But no, I don't for any reason see her lasting past next football season. I am sure I will be way too boring for her by then.

Wrong. Take it from me Huddle brother, looks ain't worth it. I will never...NEVER...ignore red flags again.

Twoobs ain't worth it. :wacko:

Young love is a beautiful thing.

This is probably my last chance to date a 22 year old...

I guess. Shallow reasoning, though.

A more enlightened mind would realize that a compatible personality - a soul mate, if you will - is really the paramount goal when it comes to romantic relationships because all women all beautiful on the inside... especially from behind.

Edited by yo mama

Well, make it happen.............. :wacko:

Same here (and this is even after she met some of you guys). (just kidding, she has liked everyone from the huddle that she has met)

But has she met Atomic? :wacko:

Anyway, my wife thinks its OK. I'm pretty sure she's of the opinion that I spend too much time here, but I more or less am pretty sure she's right.

She HAS met Huddlers ( she really liked robn - who was at her 30th b-day party and wife, wiegie and wife, sky, Jedi, gil, Frazia, and spain; she's also met the departed Los Gigantes, Bonehand, and DO Jaded, who due to circumstances, I don't think made much of an impression (don't worry guys, I liked all y'all!)) and thinks that overall your a pretty good group of people. :wacko:

I have also slept with your wife.

Just so long as I don't end up raising one of your Pasty Ginger Spawn, s'okay.

Hey Atomic, do you ever have sex with your wife in the shower?

You should, she LOVES it! :wacko: Oh, SNAP! Pwned!

Just so long as I don't end up raising one of your Pasty Ginger Spawn, s'okay.

Hey Atomic, do you ever have sex with your wife in the shower?

You should, she LOVES it! :D Oh, SNAP! Pwned!

I thought she smelled like machaca beef and MGD the other day... :wacko:

this is isleseeya's wife typing this ....and you all suck and take up too much of my husbands time :wacko::D

:brew:

:D oh.. he does most of that without our influence.. you should have seen him go when spinning on his pain meds :D