[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Birthday Bier

AtomicCEO

• 2 weeks later...
VERY behind on Huddle posts-been very busy and then went on vacation. Being retired is very tiring!

Happy belated b-day Bier and congrats on your new job in Vail! :wacko:

:D np.

how was your vacation? where did you end up going?

:D np.

how was your vacation? where did you end up going?

We went to Monterey, CA. I golfed, biked, and ran on the beaches. I learned I have lungs of steel at sea level-boy what a difference. My golf ball didn't go as far though :wacko: Biking 17 mile drive is spectacular. There is also a bike trail from Pacific Grove to Castroville, about 20 miles. I got almost to Castroville and turned around. We had 40 mile an hour gusts down there I was being thrown around on my bike and eating blowing sand. I almost had to get off my bike a few times. Some of you may have heard about a fire breaking out in the Santa Cruz Mountains, just northeast of Monterey. It was that day.

We also vistied friends in Los Gatos and Half Moon Bay. We ate at one of the best reustuarants I've ever been to called Cetrellas in Half Moon Bay. Service and food was five stars in my book, but cost $160 for two!

Our food wasn't the best in Monterey. Our nice eve. out we went to Stokes-just okay. We love Roys at Spanish Bay but went with a local recommendation. 'cause we wanted to try new places. Another local recommendation that was just okay was The Fishwife in Pacific Grove. It is like Carribean seafood and really not my taste. We ate at another local Mexician in Pacific Grove-can't remember the name but started with a Z-just okay.

Y'all kind of got me watching American Idol-watched it one time last year and thought it was TERRIBLE. I got a little hooked on watching David Cook this season so I did watch the final and parts of the results show. So those two nights I hand pretty good Won-Ton soup to go (needed to be seasoned more) and the other TV night had baked chicken and salad to go from Whole Foods.

Thought I'd give you the food run down being a chef and all plus having lived in the area.

awesome! carmel/monterey is one of my favorite areas. in fact, i proposed to my wife in monterey. were were just there about a month ago... wonderful time. we've enjoyed fishwife for prob about 10+ years. we haven't had a bad meal there, but every place can have off nights... wish i had known you were going... i have a nice list of restaurants we are fond of in carmel (and found some new ones this trip)

awesome! carmel/monterey is one of my favorite areas. in fact, i proposed to my wife in monterey. were were just there about a month ago... wonderful time. we've enjoyed fishwife for prob about 10+ years. we haven't had a bad meal there, but every place can have off nights... wish i had known you were going... i have a nice list of restaurants we are fond of in carmel (and found some new ones this trip)

I really think the Fishwife just wasn't my style of food. I had a bowl with beans, rice, and a shell fish medley. I love going down Monterey but may not go for a while. We were there last summer as well, and we've been in Oregon for three years and haven't seen any of it except in and around where we live. We talked about taking our next trip through Crater Lake and then to the coast. We backcountry skiied in a blizzard at Crater Lake, spending all night digging our tent out and then being roped together to ski out in white out conditions, about 25 years ago. We want to see it in more tamer conditions.