[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cant sleep

peepinmofo

You ever wake up in the middle of the night, and cant fall back asleep? Well, thats what happened to me, and here I am telling you all about it. It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! is my problem?!

Ok, now Im gonna watch TV and try to make my way back to bed in a few.

:wacko:

Keep some of this around the house. It goes well with a little honey. I don't sleep a lot, and I've gone through bouts of insomnia. It's good to get out of bed if you can't sleep. It's bad to get online or watch tv. Read a book or magazine.

Regular exercise, healthy diet, and a regular schedule can help. If it doesn't, talk to your doctor.

I've had insomnia off and on for years. A few things I've tried with mixed success:

A shot of alcohol/one beer

Reading

Exercise

Hot shower/jacuzzi

Melatonin pills

Tylenol PM

Tonight was one of the few nights I got to bed somewhat early, and naturally my cat is sick and just had a sneezing fit all over me. :wacko:

You ever wake up in the middle of the night, and cant fall back asleep? Well, thats what happened to me, and here I am telling you all about it. It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! is my problem?!

Ok, now Im gonna watch TV and try to make my way back to bed in a few.

:wacko:

Its 2:45 am and I am awake. :D I am tired but cannot sleep. I go through spells of this. I am always waking up through the night though. Can't remember the last time I sleep straight through.

Melatonin pills

+1

I use sublingual tablets of this with great effectiveness. You may only need a half of a 1 mg tab (I found a whole tab gave me headaches).

When I cannot fall asleep or fall back to sleep it is often because my mind won't shut down - thinking about work or some other thing that I have to do, or just thinking about how tired I am and how badly I want to sleep. What often works for me is putting on a movie that I have seen many, many times: it gives my mind something else to focus on, but, since I know the movie well, I don't need to pay attention or really follow the dialogue.

Put on the South Park movie, Dumb and Dumber, etc. and I am asleep within 5-10 minutes.

Put on the South Park movie, Dumb and Dumber, etc. and I am asleep within 5-10 minutes.

I have a few poker DVD's on standby that normally puts me to sleep. I recorded the 2007 final table live (Jerry Yang is a borefest). Phil Gordon commentating will knock you out in 3 minutes flat.

When I cannot fall asleep or fall back to sleep it is often because my mind won't shut down - thinking about work or some other thing that I have to do, or just thinking about how tired I am and how badly I want to sleep. What often works for me is putting on a movie that I have seen many, many times: it gives my mind something else to focus on, but, since I know the movie well, I don't need to pay attention or really follow the dialogue.

Bingo. I am not asleep within 5-10 minutes, but I find it gets me down faster than just laying there.

Fixed. :wacko:

Actually, I've never tried sex to cure my insomnia. . .she's not awake when I'm having this problem and I don't have the heart to wake her up.

Unless you were talking about flying solo, but that's already been discussed in this thread.

Actually, I've never tried sex to cure my insomnia. . .she's not awake when I'm having this problem and I don't have the heart to wake her up.

Unless you were talking about flying solo, but that's already been discussed in this thread.

We both have this problem once in a while (usually stress related), so we try to accomodate each other. Focus on a mind-numbing orgasm for the person that can't sleep - a natural release of all those feel-good chemicals in the body are better than pills. :wacko:

We both have this problem once in a while (usually stress related), so we try to accomodate each other. Focus on a mind-numbing orgasm for the person that can't sleep - a natural release of all those feel-good chemicals in the body are better than pills. :wacko:

:D

Who said anything about waking her up?