[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Enough of the Brett Favre updates

FishFreak

Am I the only one sick of the every 5 minute Brett Favre updates! I'm so sick of athlete's playing past their prime and not knowing when to call it quits. I'm also plain sick of Brett Favre considering retirement for the past three years and holding the pack by the nuts. He finally retires in tears and wants back in at the last minute only to inconvenience a team that has to eventually move on and develop another QB.

Brett is a first class hall of famer but his rep has taken a major hit IMO airing dirty laundry regarding the Randy Moss/GM stuff and is coming off as very selfish. As great as he is he's always been overrated in my book (if that's possible). How many big time QB's do you know that has thrown more bone headed INT's in the regular season and playoffs and get a free pass time and time again? Just go away pal and be grateful your body has held up magnificently after all these years.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one sick of the every 5 minute Brett Favre updates! I'm so sick of athlete's playing past their prime and not knowing when to call it quits. I'm also plain sick of Brett Favre considering retirement for the past three years and holding the pack by the nuts. He finally retires in tears and wants back in at the last minute only to inconvenience a team that has to eventually move on and develop another QB.

Brett is a first class hall of famer but his rep has taken a major hit IMO airing dirty laundry regarding the Randy Moss/GM stuff and is coming off as very selfish. As great as he is he's always been overrated in my book (if that's possible). How many big time QB's do you know that has thrown more bone headed INT's in the regular season and playoffs and get a free pass time and time again? Just go away pal and be grateful your body has held up magnificently after all these years.

:wacko: Preach it brother

I think he is tarnishing his image with this every year. Enough already. It's like there has to be some Favre drama every offseason.

While he's partly to blame, it's not his fault the media (esp. ESPN) is blowing up every little piece of news into a days worth of coverage. Let's say this was Keenan McCardell who retired and then changed his mind a couple of times and ending up wanting to play. Noone would give a rats ass.

While he's partly to blame, it's not his fault the media (esp. ESPN) is blowing up every little piece of news into a days worth of coverage. Let's say this was Keenan McCardell who retired and then changed his mind a couple of times and ending up wanting to play. Noone would give a rats ass.

Good call. It reminds me a lot of the T.O. situation from a couple of years back.

Doesn't posting a new thread on this bring him back to life?

That said this from TBO.com

It is more "we are hearing" :wacko:

Favre Talks Back On?

Posted By Roy Cummings at Jul 27, 2008 at 01:34 PM

Updated Jul 27, 2008 at 01:43 PM

LAKE BUENA VISTA - The Bucs may not be sitting out the Brett Favre trade talks after all.

Though it was believed that the Bucs and Jets had both decided to wait until Favre reported to camp to renew any trade talks with the Packers, we are now hearing of a discussion between the Bucs and Packers that supposedly took place on Saturday. And the end result may be why the Favre saga is suddenly at a standstill.

It is believed that the Bucs and Packers were close to an agreement on compensation but that the agreement fell apart sometime on Saturday.

The sticking point is no doubt the Packers demand for a conditional draft pick that would become a No. 1 based either on Favre’s performance or his new team gaining a berth in the playoffs.

That has always seemed to be a rather hefty asking price and it seems the Bucs have balked at that. It is believed that the Jets are continuing to sit this thing out, and that may be where the Bucs are now.

I have a little more sympathy for Favre. The guy is having a hard time calling it quits because he really loves the game. He believes he can still play and frankly, he's still better than 1/2 the QBs in the league. I'm not a GB fan, but I have always enjoyed watching Favre play - I like to think he plays the game like I'd play it if I had the chance - like an excited kid. I'll miss that when he's gone, because there are too few players like that left in the game.

Favre will go down as one of the best players (not just QB's) to ever play the game. He, to me, was one of the most entertaining players to watch. I loved him as a player and hated him as an opponent. So what about his ints. The man played fast and loose and was old school. A natural born leader. Characteristics that are rare today. And I'm a die hard Bear fan.

That said...don't blame Favre too much. Whatever happen to the media REPORTING the news and NOT TRYING TO MAKE the news? The media is who I blame more. But Favre should leave on top and not muddle around. He had a great season to leave on top. He will also have more offers to make money soooo many different ways, he'll be to busy to count the $$$$$$$$$$$$!

Brett...RETIRE!

I have a little more sympathy for Favre. The guy is having a hard time calling it quits because he really loves the game. He believes he can still play and frankly, he's still better than 1/2 the QBs in the league. I'm not a GB fan, but I have always enjoyed watching Favre play - I like to think he plays the game like I'd play it if I had the chance - like an excited kid. I'll miss that when he's gone, because there are too few players like that left in the game.

Good stuff Jimmy!

Edited by rocknrobn26

Favre will go down as one of the best players (not just QB's) to ever play the game. He, to me, was one of the most entertaining players to watch. I loved him as a player and hated him as an opponent. So what about his ints. The man played fast and loose and was old school. A natural born leader. Characteristics that are rare today. And I'm a die hard Bear fan.

That said...don't blame Favre too much. Whatever happen to the media REPORTING the news and NOT TRYING TO MAKE the news? The media is who I blame more. But Favre should leave on top and not muddle around. He had a great season to leave on top. He will also have more offers to make money soooo many different ways, he'll be to busy to count the $$$$$$$$$$$$!

Brett...RETIRE!

Good stuff Jimmy!

I don't blame hm much. If this weren't a 24-7 media country now we wouldn't hear so much about him.

He really does need something to do with the rest of his life. It's too early to really retire. He needs to find something he loves. He doesn't need money so it doesn't need to be a job.

He could do what his father did and coach high school, but that's up to him.

I think he is tarnishing his image with this every year. Enough already. It's like there has to be some Favre drama every offseason.

I think he tarnishing what he had daily.

I also don't blame the media as much as most do. Favre went to Greda Van Austern or whatever her name is on Fox News. He's been complaining about Ted Thompson to the media for years...

Good point and sadly true. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of mediocre QB's in the league that are starters. Yes, at 38 years old he's still better than half the league which is sad as hell and also speaks of his greatness. I'm just sick of him and his legion of supporters who have treated him like a god for years. For what ever reason he gets a pass on all his horrible decision making INT's while other guys get punished. It speaks volumes for his popularity so maybe I'm just a hater.......nah screw Brett!

Favre is most of the reason I've tuned out virtually everything about football and will continue to do so. I don't even care about upcoming drafts, I'm so tired of this cult of the personality.

The man is a total attention whore and drama queen. He most assuredly is a first ballot HOFer and I was hoping to remember him as a true great. Now he just makes me puke.

I think he tarnishing what he had daily.

Eh, once he gets traded, struggles, and REALLY retires next offseason, this will all be forgotten.

Ole Brett needs to man up like the rest of us have to do at some point and move on to real life. I can sympathize with him to a certain degree....but from what I understand, the Pack called him up a few weeks before the draft and said..Dude...we are still willing to take you back...are you having 2nd thoughts? Now's the time to do this,. the draft is coming up...we're giving you one last chance to change your mind. If not, we have to make some moves in the draft. He says...I'm IN!...The Pack says cool. Two days later...he says...well...I'm not sure. Pack says, ok, we have to move on. Draft is coming, we have to prepare ourselves for the future.

Now he says the Pack tried to force him into making a decision. :wacko:

I mean...why can't this guy just retire and go a away with a little class? Kind of like Tommy Kramer did...

Eh, once he gets traded, struggles, and REALLY retires next offseason, this will all be forgotten.

I think that Packers fans are the only ones (for the most part) who think he's gonna struggle somewhere else. :wacko:

And I agree with Jimmy, the reason that it's jammed down our throats every day is because of the media in this country. I always enjoyed watching Favre and look forward to him playing again this year.

Dude needs to walk away. Period. He's doing nothing but tarnishing an already suspect career with all his drama. He can go away now. Please.

Remember the Michael Vick updates? I'll take this any ###### ing day.

I think that Packers fans are the only ones (for the most part) who think he's gonna struggle somewhere else. :wacko:

Eh, when he retired, said he wasn't forced out but just couldn't take the Monday thru Saturday grind...and then misses all offseason, jumping on with another team after training camp started...well, that isn't an ideal situation for success.