[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it, stay safe again Bros and familys.

People are flipping out here. 90 percent of the gas stations are dry. No water, batteries, etc. at Wally World or local grocery stores. On the plus side, the liquor stores are reporting record sales. :wacko:

Edited by Big F'n Dave

People are flipping out here. 90 percent of the gas stations are dry. No water, batteries, etc. at Wally World or local grocery stores. On the plus side, the liquor stores are reporting record sales. :wacko:

Sounds like a blizzard up here. I wish everyone the best and stay safe.

We have made the final decision to stay this time. I have everything in place to get out afterwards if necessary. The Huddle generator is going to be hooked directly into my fuse box so we are good to go. Everything I lost last time would have been ok had I been here. The tbimm family are riding this one out with no worries of bodily harm!

With ya bro. Riding this one out also, hell if I could handle the big K I can handle a Russian. No seriously, prepared with water and can goods Just hope electricity doesn't go out long or I may be bicycling to the tbimm's. Looking like it may miss us, but you never know with these things. Do have an emergancy evac plan if needed.

Prepicked all my lineups just in case.

I work in the wholesale fuel business and prices started climing rapidly yesterday because of this thing. Won't be long before it shows up at the pump. Better get your tanks full Huddlers.

There is a chappy joke in here somewhere.

Good luck to our huddle folk in the path of the storm. Our prayers are with you

With ya bro. Riding this one out also, hell if I could handle the big K I can handle a Russian. No seriously, prepared with water and can goods Just hope electricity doesn't go out long or I may be bicycling to the tbimm's. Looking like it may miss us, but you never know with these things. Do have an emergancy evac plan if needed.

Prepicked all my lineups just in case.

The Huddle generator is for all Huddlers in need. You remember where I live? If not PM me and I will give you the street address.

Let me know Slayer. You are welcome and it will be cool here. My girl has a bunch of dishes cued up. She is so cool and such a great cook.

You, Your wife, and any children you have are welcome to evacuate to the worst possible place to be during a storm. I just hooked us up with 400 bucks worth of groceries.We have what it takes to ride this out Dave. The invite is there for you!

you're welcome here

You, Your wife, and any children you have are welcome to evacuate to the worst possible place to be during a storm. I just hooked us up with 400 bucks worth of groceries.We have what it takes to ride this out Dave. The invite is there for you!

Many thanks to you both. We'll be fine here. Far enough inland that flooding's not a problem. My biggest concern is wind damage and loss of power. Most of DeRidder was without power for a couple weeks after Rita. The power system was pretty much completely rebuilt after that one and we're hoping it holds up if Gustav maintains course. Both JulieB and I will have to be back at work as soon after the storm passes as possible, so we're not looking at evacuating. Again, we'll be fine.

Many thanks to you both. We'll be fine here. Far enough inland that flooding's not a problem. My biggest concern is wind damage and loss of power. Most of DeRidder was without power for a couple weeks after Rita. The power system was pretty much completely rebuilt after that one and we're hoping it holds up if Gustav maintains course. Both JulieB and I will have to be back at work as soon after the storm passes as possible, so we're not looking at evacuating. Again, we'll be fine.

Our power system was rebuilt as well. :wacko: It is crap! Thank you all for the assistance that will allow me power should this hit. I have my dad safely out of the city. Me, my gf, and our 2 dogs are gonna see what a hurricane is like!

Our power system was rebuilt as well. :wacko: It is crap! Thank you all for the assistance that will allow me power should this hit. I have my dad safely out of the city. Me, my gf, and our 2 dogs are gonna see what a hurricane is like!

It's an interesting experience this is like my 10th or so, lose track after a few. and by far K was the worse.

Remember where you live just don't remember the addy. PM it to me so I can write down.

I'm fine here but if the electricity goes out for any lenght of time I will come visit.

Stay safe.

Alll you guys keep us updated please, let us know you are all OK.

It's an interesting experience this is like my 10th or so, lose track after a few. and by far K was the worse.

Remember where you live just don't remember the addy. PM it to me so I can write down.

I'm fine here but if the electricity goes out for any lenght of time I will come visit.

Stay safe.

Check your PM's.

Been busting my arse all day getting things ready here just in case it decides to hook in. If the models are correct then I may have lucked out this time, but you guys in LA are definitely still in my thoughts & prayers. I have a lot of family down in that area as well. If there's anything I can do for any of you just let me know.

Good luck goes out to all the Gulf Coasters. Stay safe and most importantly, be smart! I'm sure everyone has batteries, water, food etc.

Some things I forgot or remembered at the last minute during the triple header in '04:

- Dog/cat food

- bleach

- bug spray, both mosquito and ant sprays

- Citronella oils for tourches. No power they provide both light and keeps the mosquito's at bay

- Gas and charcoal for the grill

- Instant coffee and powdered cream. No power = still heat your water on the grill and have coffee for the morning.

- Disposable lighters

- CASH!

- Risk, Clue, Monopoly, cards etc..

- Ammunition ( better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it)

- Plan to evacuate in case of tornado's

- All important papers (birth cert., deed, titles, policies etc...) all in one place that you can grab at the last min.

If I think of more, I'll add.

Again, thoughts go out to all my GC Huddle brethren and their families.