[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the best update I could hope for. I talked to my friend who runs the pumping stations. He says we should be ok this time. To give you a comparison..... I called him at about this same time before Katrina and he said GET OUT. Even his wife is staying. This is going to be ok and maybe even nothing more than a major pain in the ass. I am feeling much better about the whole situation.

You know I love you guys.......so.....

TBimm and Slayer.....stay safe and DON'T get arrested. :wacko:

Balla and BFD.......I think you're right.....as far inland as you are....this one will be worse for you than Katrina or Rita.

Rajn.....I'm not sure you're out of the woods at all.....watch out for that little trailer in your backyard.

Hitman....I hear ya man. Do what you can to help your family's peace of mind.

Anyone else there or with family there.....we are all thinking about you and praying for you!! :big hug:

So ALL of you....stay safe....be SMART....and call anyone you think you need to to stay sane! :D

And as much as I understand everyone telling them to get out now.....I have to tell you that as much as I can echo that sentiment, at this late stage there may not be any gas left at the pumps for them to get very far. And I'd rather be holed up and prepared than stranded in a car on the highway. Tom knows his building......Slayer...get to Tom's if you need to.

I just can't believe this is happening all over again so soon! dammit!

Balla and BFD.......I think you're right.....as far inland as you are....this one will be worse for you than Katrina or Rita.

Rajn.....I'm not sure you're out of the woods at all.....watch out for that little trailer in your backyard.

Anyone else there or with family there.....we are all thinking about you and praying for you!! :big hug:

So ALL of you....stay safe....be SMART....and call anyone you think you need to to stay sane! :D

And as much as I understand everyone telling them to get out now.....I have to tell you that as much as I can echo that sentiment, at this late stage there may not be any gas left at the pumps for them to get very far. And I'd rather be holed up and prepared than stranded in a car on the highway. Tom knows his building......Slayer...get to Tom's if you need to.

Jules. You are awesome! Thank You.

We're just about done packing up & will be headed to Panama City late tonight. We were going to take the camper with us, but realized we don't have a tag for & don't have the right hookup for the lights. So we moved it to my Grandma's who lives several miles inland & anchored it down. We're taking all the precautions we can so we're prepared if this things decides to jog right like Katrina did.

Looking a lot better now. I am boarded up except for the back door which I will do when the rain starts. I think we have it all covered and Gustav looks to be cooperating with us. As long as the levees hold we should have limited issues with this storm.

Rajn this is really looking good for you but at the same time I am glad you are getting the girls out of harms way.

I don't know if I have ever been as sure that prayer works than I am right now. Thank You all!

If things get unbearable after the storm, just head east on I-10. Any of you are welcome here in Jax anytime. But as Unta said, we have Hannah out in the Atlantic lurking. Be safe all. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and you know you can count on the rest of us to help you out when needed. Be safe!

You know Bunz...I miss yer sweet face! Thanks for the kind words and I know your thoughts are so sincere. Your heart is bigger than you know.

I just got finished sand bagging my back doors and picking up all of the things that might become projectiles. I think the Balla fortress is ready to roll...

We are suppose to get anywhere from 16" to 20 " of rain with winds on average 70 mph starting early am. I will keep you all posted. The winds should be pretty consistent from what they are saying which could pose a constant weakening of trees, especially saturated trees from the rains. Wish us luck...God Forbid but if we need to rekindle the Band of Huddlers, I'd like to be that hub center again. I am PMing my cell number to Alchico and NSAB.

Edited by SuperBalla

You know Bunz...I miss yer sweet face! Thanks for the kind words and I know your thoughts are so sincere. Your heart is bigger than you know.

I just got finished sand bagging my back doors and picking up all of the things that might become projectiles. I think the Balla fortress is ready to roll...

We are suppose to get anywhere from 16" to 20 " of rain with winds oin average 70 mph starting early am. I will keep you all posted.

Be safe brother. We have the upper hand on this one!

BFD are you ready to roll as well?

BFD are you ready to roll as well?

Hatches are battened, powder is dry and the beer is cold. :D

We're as solid as we're gonna be here. Don't know if you can ever be fully prepared, but I'm ready to get this sh*t done. I've got several huddler cell numbers here and many of you have mine. Feel free to call and I'll stay in touch as long as Gustav allows. I don't expect the worst here until late tomorrow, so I'll check in here as often as I can. Not like there's gonna be much else to do but whimper. :wacko:

Keep your heads down, my brothers. I'll catch y'all on the other side. :D

Just got the best update I could hope for. I talked to my friend who runs the pumping stations. He says we should be ok this time. To give you a comparison..... I called him at about this same time before Katrina and he said GET OUT. Even his wife is staying. This is going to be ok and maybe even nothing more than a major pain in the ass. I am feeling much better about the whole situation.

Why does he think this won't be as bad?

Everyone still doing alright? :D

And Balla....I miss that adorable face of yours too, hun! :D Show us the "guns" again......LOL.

(OK.....I have a confession. At the time you kept saying that....I'd not seen the movie yet. I own the movie now and every time it comes to that part.....I start laughing my ass off.....LOL. And I realize.....I sounded JUST like her in the movie....lol. :wacko: )

Why does he think this won't be as bad?

I don't think he ever said it wouldn't be that bad...he knows what he is in for. This could be several long days for him...however...it may not be.

I'm afraid the worst is going to be where Big F'n Dave is....

I believe he will have a lot of stuff too...I am worried for him as well. If the eye makes landfall around Houma...I am in for a bad, bad night...he will be too. That IMO...would be the worst case scenario for me. If the "eye" makes landfall around Morgan City...it will be a bad day for Dave. No one in Louisiana, are in for a treat...

Edited by SuperBalla

tbimm UPDATE

Just heard from Tom.......he said the 1st squall just went threw, wasn't a big deal but somehow he lost internet service, he fired up the generator to make sure everything is a go and it all worked fine......he just wanted me to pass on the news that right now everythings cool and they're just waitin for the big one.

I am going to stay in this thread...if you don't see me at the bottom...it means we lost power. Don't sweat it if we do...just part of the deal. It is raining now and getting somewhat windy (15-20 ISH). The first tornado warning expired but they just opened up a new tornado watch now. I guess this is what it is like living in Oklahoma and Nebraska. Like I did in the Katrina thread...I will try to journal what is going on.

If you wanted to pinpoint my house in the Baton Rouge area you could take the I-10 and I12 split and if you take your finger and move it East on the South side of I-12...my house is in the area. For you radar savy peoples...we aren't far from the Livingston Parish line but we are in East Baton Rouge...

Edited by SuperBalla