[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

Been getting some early pictures of film crews going out and capturing damage. a lot of down tree limbs, some uprooting, a phone poll or two is down. really haven't seen any major building damage. a few barges busted loose in the industrial canal and upriver in St. Charles Parish.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from SuperBalla:

He has lost power so he can't post.

There are 75MPH sustained gusts there and is expected like that for another 5 hours. He has already lot his fence and a limb has punctured through his bathroom

Just talked to Balla and he said the winds are still howling from 50-80mph. He's not sure about the area around him but close to home it's mostly tree damage. He said they sandbagged pretty good and so far flooding isn't an issue, except for the hole in his roof. He does have a generator so he can keep his cell charged and cool the house as needed. The reports he's getting say the winds should subside in about 2-3 hours.

He also was very concerned about the other guys in the area, BFD, Slayer, Tbimm and others, so if anyone has any news, please post so i can forward it to him. His 2 yr old son layed down for a nap around noon when it all started and chad wonders what he's gonna think when he gets up.

Just talked to Balla and he said the winds are still howling from 50-80mph. He's not sure about the area around him but close to home it's mostly tree damage. He said they sandbagged pretty good and so far flooding isn't an issue, except for the hole in his roof. He does have a generator so he can keep his cell charged and cool the house as needed. The reports he's getting say the winds should subside in about 2-3 hours.

He also was very concerned about the other guys in the area, BFD, Slayer, Tbimm and others, so if anyone has any news, please post so i can forward it to him. His 2 yr old son layed down for a nap around noon when it all started and chad wonders what he's gonna think when he gets up.

No word yet from my wife's family who live 10-15 minutes away from Balla. :wacko:

Thanks for the update.

Still here. Getting pretty sh*tty, tho. Winds around 30 mph and a particularly nasty squall pushed through about a half hour ago. A few limbs down, but nothing major. Beginning to wonder if I bought enough beer. :wacko:

Still here. Getting pretty sh*tty, tho. Winds around 30 mph and a particularly nasty squall pushed through about a half hour ago. A few limbs down, but nothing major. Beginning to wonder if I bought enough beer. :wacko:

Hang in there brother.

Everyone give us an all clear as soon as possible when this storm passes.

I sense Big Dave has gone Lord of the Flies on Gustav already....Shirt off, chest beating, daring it to continue its path.... :wacko:

That's hot.

Good job keeping us all posted, everyone. If anyone can, please PM me Balla, BFD, Slayer, Rajin's cell.

MSNBC is reporting levee near Plaquemines Parish is over topping and the sheriff is evacuating one subdivision. Yet it hasn't rained there in 5 hours. Sounds like storm surge.

Now they are saying it's a private levee that didn't get federal funds. It's away from New Orleans. They are trying to get the Army Corps on the phone.

The corps says it is not part of the federal levee system yet. Nice 3 years and work not done yet.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/09/...ref=mpstoryview

Edited by Randall

Update from SuperBalla:

He has lost power so he can't post.

There are 75MPH sustained gusts there and is expected like that for another 5 hours. He has already lot his fence and a limb has punctured through his bathroom

Thanks John!

To all of you in Gustav's path...Be safe! Prayers still coming.

Peace...if you can find it, and don't try and be a hero! Dam...don't know what else to say???

tbimm/Balla UPDATE

Talked to tbimm bout 1/2 hour ago .....everythings cool and no damage, they shut the power off all over town at 7:00 so no live lines would be slappin around so he cranked up the generator and it's purrin like a kitten.......he got a call from Balla and he's ok except the tree linb Big John mention.........Ballla was outside and said there were alot of Oak trees down......Tom said they still don't know about the Levee in the lower 9th but it's still trashed from Katrina anyway...Both dudes just wanted it posted that they were fine........tbimm sounded sober so I'm concerned :wacko: