[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbimm has his mind made up, he's prepared and some pu$$y storm isn't gonna run him outta town :wacko:

I know you're just tossing out some macho bravado but you also have to be smart. 50+ of my close friends are now en route to various cities across the US because of this. Don't chance this.

My thoughts go out to you Tbimm.

I know you're just tossing out some macho bravado but you also have to be smart. 50+ of my close friends are now en route to various cities across the US because of this. Don't chance this.

My thoughts go out to you Tbimm.

No....actually you take a Stand at some point in your life, dangerous or not, that's where I think tbimm is........after talkin to him I see his point....we'll see :wacko:

No....actually you take a Stand at some point in your life, dangerous or not, that's where I think tbimm is........after talkin to him I see his point....we'll see :wacko:

I could almost see that point if he was being attacked by pirates or something. But mother nature is a different animal. It can show no mercy.

Not leaving. This is our closure. We will stick this storm out and then to be honest we are done with New Orleans. It is too much to rebuild again!

Dude, my house is an eight hour drive. Grab the albums and family and head to Dallas. My daughter's 5th birthday party is this evening so there'll be plent of burgers, hot dogs and Ariel cake to go around. Unfortunately, the kolaches from the Czech Stop probably won't make it that long.

And as a bonus, I'll throw in the best smoke out you've had since high school.

But like Balla said, if you've got to stay have an axe and a chainsaw if it comes to that. Drowning pressed up against the roof of the attic is no way to go. Stay safe and if you reconsider, head west as fast as you can muster.

I'd drive there just for the kolaches. Love those damn things.

So many kolaches so little time:

http://www.hallettsville.com/pages/kolachefest-events.html

http://www.burlesoncountytx.com/Kolache%20...20Festival.html

I think me and the family need to hit one of them this year.

Please don't worry. We are going to be fine. We have taken all the necessary precautions and stocked up on all the necessary supplies. I have a # of friends in law enforcement and know in my heart that this will not be another Katrina situation! Looting will be minimal at worst. We are staying and we will be fine throughout the storm. If New Orleans is destroyed again we will be relocating on a permanent basis. If not then we will get our lives back up and going middle of the week.

Thank You all for the concern. It really does mean a lot to us! Just pray that the people in the flood prone areas aren't going to stay in harms way and that we all have a home when this is over.

I really am tired of this. I don't think I have it in me to rebuild again. It's weird because I didn't have to rebuild much at all myself. The whole rebuilding mood of the city just wears you out emotionally. We never even finished after Katrina and here we are again.

The next 36 hours are going to be the worst. All we can do is wait. I am not a patient(sp) man.

I have a furnished condo that I am still paying rent on until September 19th. It is unoccupied and waiting for one of you gulf-coasters to come use it right now. It has wireless internet and direct TV on a big-ass widescreen television. It's up in Grand Rapids, but as we all know, that is one of the most exciting places in the entire world. (I'm being serious, well except for the exciting part.)

As crazy as it sounds I understand tbimm wanting to stay. right now things are looking a little more favorable than last nite, waiting for the 1000 report then making decisions.

Well your mind is obviously made up Tom. We'll be thinking of you from the north over the next couple of days. Keep in contact the best you can to let us know how you are.

I will continue posting until the phone lines go down. If power goes out first I will make a final post on my battery backup. We still have a few minor things to do today, you know little stuff like boarding up. :wacko: All in all we could not be more prepared for this.

I have several #'s for Huddlers and will make calls as soon as it is over to let everyone know we are good. No worries everyone!

I feel for you, Tbimm.

I'd stay too.

It's a lot further than the other invites, but I've got couches and a basement - lots of grub too. Anybody fleeing Gustav is welcome.

If all goes badly we will probably be passing through on the way to Oregon in the coming months. That seems to be a place that my girl and I are both interested in living. I will look you up for sure!

If all goes badly we will probably be passing through on the way to Oregon in the coming months. That seems to be a place that my girl and I are both interested in living. I will look you up for sure!

You are certainly welcome to stop by for a meal or the night - anything we can do, really.

I recommend Eugene in Oregon if you have not settled on a city - it's a very cool town.

If you do end up heading to Oregon... you need to let me know so I can make arrangements with people. And of course, even though I am 3.5 hours away from Portland...you should probably stay here while we get you situated down there. LOL