[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember.

Riffraff

About 3 days after 9/11, I was driving home up the West Side Highway. I lived way uptown at the time. I got off at the GW Bridge exit and a cop stopped me. At the time I was driving a Jeep Wrangler that had Florida plates. He said he had to stop and inspect any vehicle with non NY/NJ/CT plates. He asked for my license and asked about my tags. I said my folks are in Florida and I lived some of the year there and some of the year here. I'll never forget the next exchange. The cop said "Why in the world would you want to live here?". I said "Because this is the greatest city on earth."

There are so many times in life when I think "man, I'd love to go back an hour and change what I said. . .I just came up with the perfect answer". This was not one of those times.

I certainly remember that day. What I don't remember is the last time that I've seen that footage played on television. I wish it was not blackballed from airing... I think it would be an excellent reminder to us that we have some pretty dangerous enemies in the world. That could have happened to any one of us. It still could.

God Bless the victims and their families as well as all the heroes of that terrible day. You will never be forgotten.

Sadly, it already has been forgotten by many Americans. We should be reminded often. And I agree the footage of the attacks should be aired on this date as a reminder that our enemies are still murderous people who wish all Americans harm.

God help us all. :wacko:

I certainly remember that day. What I don't remember is the last time that I've seen that footage played on television. I wish it was not blackballed from airing... I think it would be an excellent reminder to us that we have some pretty dangerous enemies in the world. That could have happened to any one of us. It still could.

On MSNBC last year they played the entire day of coverage minute for minute. I thought it was awful. Those of us that witnessed it first hand need no reminder.

On MSNBC last year they played the entire day of coverage minute for minute. I thought it was awful. Those of us that witnessed it first hand need no reminder.

And you can certainly turn it off if you don't need to be reminded. But many people do need to be reminded. Especially those of us who were not in New York... it can become surreal, almost like something just told in a story. The shocking vivid footage helps to remind those of us who were not there, that it was indeed real and horrible.

And you can certainly turn it off if you don't need to be reminded. But many people do need to be reminded. Especially those of us who were not in New York or DC... it can become surreal, almost like something just told in a story. The shocking vivid footage helps to remind those of us who were not there, that it was indeed real and horrible.

Fixed

It really didn't fully sink in until a week or so later when I drove up to our Rosslyn office right by the tarped-up Pentagon and there was anti-aircraft batteries (or Patriot missiles) on the grass field by the off-ramps. When you see it with your own eyes, it's more dramatic to me than on TV.

Edited by TimC

:DScroll down and read the story about my friend Christopher Amoroso. A true hero in every sense of the word. Rest in peace Chris

:wacko: :salute: :D

Thank you for sharing this. I can barely contain my tearing up when reading what your friend did. He, like many others on that day, reminded me what is best about America and it's citizens and why I am proud to call the USA my home...and if the rest of the world wants to view us in a negative light, they can all go **** themselves.

:D

Edited by millerx