[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright....Call me a kiss ass or whatever, but...

rocknrobn26

...DMD............You run this place how you see fit! If that tic's off the populace, then so be it. It's been mentioned that this is DMD/WW's sandbox, so adhere to the rules or leave. I for one would hate to see the TG removed. It serves a purpose for non-football stuff, that has a wide database (members) of info, but the powers that be say it's NOT a political forum! SO BE IT!!! I'd rather have a forum where we can discuss TV's, cell phones, legal questions, and much more than no non-football forum at all! Believe me people, the Powers that Be would lose no income 86'ing the TG, but we would lose big time! I know I would.

#1 Stop f'n w/ DMD/WW

#2 Accept their rules

#3 Grow up. You want free reign, start your own web site, don't f' w/. this one!

#4 I love for the TG. I love the discussions. I'd hate to see it gone.

I'm done.

Long live the Tailgate!

Please don't screw that up people!

Edited by rocknrobn26

Yes you are a kiss :D

However, I agree with you 100%. I was telling a few of my friends from work today about this great site that they know that I like to peek at often during the day. I told them that I can get an answer to just about anything that I want here and that if it was gone I would feel empty and lost. I used my stupid math question as an example but talked about many of the other threads that have passed the tailgate looking for an answer to everything and anything. Then my buddy asked me if we ever talked about anal leakage and I told him that he should probably shoot a PM to Polk but at some point it probably has been talked about. :wacko:

Yes you are a kiss :D

However, I agree with you 100%. I was telling a few of my friends from work today about this great site that they know that I like to peek at often during the day. I told them that I can get an answer to just about anything that I want here and that if it was gone I would feel empty and lost. I used my stupid math question as an example but talked about many of the other threads that have passed the tailgate looking for an answer to everything and anything. Then my buddy asked me if we ever talked about anal leakage and I told him that he should probably shoot a PM to Polk but at some point it probably has been talked about. :wacko:

Big John....I am kinda interested if Anal Leakage has ever been discussed here...and if it was...YUK!

I agree RR but as Furd once said Taking politics out of the tailgate will be like trying to take the pee out of the pool. It will rear its head one way or another. If I am DMD/WW I immediately shoot down any politcal thread I see instantly to keep the policy consistent. Dont allow it until it takes it usual dumb course. Problem is it is football season and policing this forum isnt top priority. The politics argument on these boards is as old as Ursa. I have said it once I have said it a million times. I actually started a thread about it years ago. Have a politics forum on the huddle and look the other way. Put a levelheaded huddler in charge to police it as far as language and unacceptable content and let people go nuts in there. That probably still wouldnt get politics out of the TG because half the people that bitch about politics in here just do so to feel important.

I like the Tailgate as much as anyone, but I do have an issue with censorship of one of the most prevalent issues facing us - regardless how contentious some of those discussions may be.

I mean, who are they hurting? Why censor? I just don't get it. I really don't.

Edited by Cunning Runt

well said RR

And whomp makes a good pt ..if no political talk , then no political threads should go up / stay up in TG

I know a bunch are upset about no political talk in TG , however DMD's policy on this has been consistent and wont change ( at least clearly looks like it wont ) so why keep fighting it

This is his world , and we all just trying to get a nut :wacko:

I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I look at the Huddle message board community like an online sports bar... or even just a local watering hole. People get together (OK, mostly guys) and chat about the things that we have most in common: sports. Sure, there will be the usual off-shoot banter about music, food, beer (duh), travel, movies and the like. But what is that golden rule that you may (or may not) have heard? That's right, leave politics and religion OUT of bar discussions. Why? It's simple: people have such wide ranges of opinions on these topics. Sure, we may have differing opinions about who the better fantasy RB is, who the best British band is/was, what kind of beer is best, etc.... but I can guarantee you that we won't have the kind of fire in our belly about these issues. We will likely never call names based on these issues. We do, however, when it comes to politics and religion.

Look, people, there are thousands - if not more - of websites you can go to for political chat. I'm sure the mods understand that we enjoy the banter here, and would rather chat about politics/religion with those that we already "know", but this is their policy. You may not agree with it, but it is what it is (and yeah I hate that phrase too).

Trust me, the leeway that the mods/owners exercise here is incredibly generous in comparison to some other sites - and I'm not talking about other football sites... I'm talking in general. I think you're really looking a gift horse in the mouth. The only time(s) that mods/site owners crack the whip is when the barbs come out and name-calling ensues.

Just my :wacko:

I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I look at the Huddle message board community like an online sports bar... or even just a local watering hole. People get together (OK, mostly guys) and chat about the things that we have most in common: sports. Sure, there will be the usual off-shoot banter about music, food, beer (duh), travel, movies and the like. But what is that golden rule that you may (or may not) have heard? That's right, leave politics and religion OUT of bar discussions. Why? It's simple: people have such wide ranges of opinions on these topics. Sure, we may have differing opinions about who the better fantasy RB is, who the best British band is/was, what kind of beer is best, etc.... but I can guarantee you that we won't have the kind of fire in our belly about these issues. We will likely never call names based on these issues. We do, however, when it comes to politics and religion.

Look, people, there are thousands - if not more - of websites you can go to for political chat. I'm sure the mods understand that we enjoy the banter here, and would rather chat about politics/religion with those that we already "know", but this is their policy. You may not agree with it, but it is what it is (and yeah I hate that phrase too).

Trust me, the leeway that the mods/owners exercise here is incredibly generous in comparison to some other sites - and I'm not talking about other football sites... I'm talking in general. I think you're really looking a gift horse in the mouth. The only time(s) that mods/site owners crack the whip is when the barbs come out and name-calling ensues.

Just my :wacko:

:companyman: :D

if you believe that is true, I must assume you've never looked in on the college football forum. :wacko:

personally, I've never felt any need to refrain from talking about politics and/or religion at a bar, or anywhere else....and I've certainly never had the bartender come over and tell me I can't. obviously it's their site and they can do what they want, but I don't think the bar analogy (or "tailgate" analogy) holds up. a closer analogy IMO would be the ball bin at chucky cheese.

if you believe that is true, I must assume you've never looked in on the college football forum. :D

personally, I've never felt any need to refrain from talking about politics and/or religion at a bar, or anywhere else....and I've certainly never had the bartender come over and tell me I can't. obviously it's their site and they can do what they want, but I don't think the bar analogy (or "tailgate" analogy) holds up. a closer analogy IMO would be the ball bin at chucky cheese.

:D I spend plenty of time in the college football forum. Maybe I'm not reading enough threads, but while the conversation does get heated, I rarely, if ever, see blatant name-calling.

And just because you don't feel refrain in discussing highly personal topics such as religion and politics, it doesn't mean these topics should be avoided... especially when they almost ALWAYS resort in childish name-calling.

I think you're smart enough to know that the conversations turn sour with regularity. They have the potential to do the same in a "personal" environment like a bar or at a tailgate too. I'm not saying the topics are totally taboo, but there are million other things we can be talking about. Yes, I realize this is an election year and was one of the most important, monumental elections of our time. But, again, when the conversations go sour and turn into a name-calling fest, it completely defeats the purpose.

IMO the sports bar or tailgate analogy totally holds water. :D Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though, and I'm not going to call you any sort of name since I disagree. Now, if it were only that easy in political chats. :wacko:

I've always been supportive of DMD's and WW's wishes when it comes to taboo subjects here. It's not too hard to play by the rules. It seems that every year we get the threat to shut this place down becuase too many people can't follow a VERY SIMPLE RULE!!!

I implore everyone to just play by the rules and let the Tailgate be. I for one find this place too full of information and good people to ever want it to go away. It's actually quite scary how much of my life revolves around this place.

I like the Tailgate as much as anyone, but I do have an issue with censorship of one of the most prevalent issues facing us - regardless how contentious some of those discussions may be.

I mean, who are they hurting? Why censor? I just don't get it. I really don't.

+1

I love the Huddle and am not goin anywhere - but I find the censorship on an issue this important lame and I don't get it either - but whatever

Cowboyz made one of most heartfelt, insightful and powerful posts I have ever read here, and it gets gunned?? ridiculous and a shame IMO

ok back to 5 page long threads about whether a dood that gets a blowj*b is gay or not......................................

Cowboyz made one of most heartfelt, insightful and powerful posts I have ever read here, and it gets gunned?? ridiculous and a shame IMO

:wacko: His post - nor the thread - did not get gunned. It was locked because a few couldn't help but resort to name-calling. It's pretty cut and dried, I don't get why people can't get this simple point.

Edited by darin3