[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does your Wife have your back?

nuke'em ttg

mine doesn't :D

seems like whenever there's a confilict or decision that involves a 3rd party. my wife will be apt to take the other persons side or want to give them 2 more strikes....I perfer the nip it in the bud approach but my wife never steps up to support that for say 21 years :D but when she's pissed at me the Guns are a Blazin :wacko: WAIT this could be the definition of Marriage :D anyway I worship the ground she walks on and would kill in an instant for her, but she never jumps to the front lines....just kinda pisses me off :D

Damn, you're really out there.

I don't even let mine leave the kitchen.

buns in bed / biscuits in the oven :D that would be another good name for an over 55 league.....went down hill when women could vote and work outside the house but shaved pelts is a nice twist :wacko:

About the only time my wife doesn't have my back is when me and her twin sister have a disagreement, and then it doesn't matter if her sister is arguing that the sky is green, my wife is going to agree with her. As you can imagine this really pisses me off. Occassionally she will back the kids when I'm handing out punishments, and I'm O.K. with this most of the time. In pretty much every other circumstance she has my back.

I realized a very annoying trend of my wife seeming to trust other opinions over mine and then just started calling her on it. I think it comes down to being afraid that I'd dominate the decision making process at home, despite the fact that I actually don't really want to always be the last word at home since I run a business and have to be that way at work. It gets freaking old after a while and sometimes it's nice just to fall in line. Of course, I have a hard time doing so if the person doesn't seem to have a valid reason for why they want to do something (not to be confused with an idea that I don't agree with).

None the less, perhaps she felt that by willingly adopting someone ideas besides mine, they'd be hers and she'd have a say. We just had a lot of arguments about it, me trying to tell her that I'm completely cool with her trying to do things her way, just so long as they're actually her way, not simply the first opinion she finds that opposes mine. Of course, part of that is a woman's desire to always talk things out, even if the solution is easy and at hand. We want to move on once the problem is solved, they want to continue the effort, even if that means throwing any old argument your way. That pisses us off, especially if we've put some thought into our solution. It's as if we need to support our conclusion against half-baked notions that she's pulling out of nowhere.

"My friend Jane says we should do it this way."

"Well, that's f'ing great. Do you think we should do it that way? Or are you seriously implying that your friend Jane should have as much say as I do about what goes on in our house."

For some time now, we've reached a peace in this regard. We each defer to whomever really seems to feel the strongest about something and she's started saving her battles for things she actually has an opinion on. From my end, I try to resist trying to put the issue to bed as quickly as possible and, I suppose pretend to come to a conclusion more slowly.

mine doesn't :D

seems like whenever there's a confilict or decision that involves a 3rd party. my wife will be apt to take the other persons side or want to give them 2 more strikes....I perfer the nip it in the bud approach but my wife never steps up to support that for say 21 years :D but when she's pissed at me the Guns are a Blazin :wacko: WAIT this could be the definition of Marriage :D anyway I worship the ground she walks on and would kill in an instant for her, but she never jumps to the front lines....just kinda pisses me off :D

my wife said she was gonna kick your a$$ after the cake & butter comment in HFA...does that count as having my back :D

oh and she was kidding...she said its not nice to beat up retards

:D gotcha again

along the lines of what Perch said my wife has my back most of the times but sides with the kids a lot if I am having a disagreement with them which makes things difficult for me. I call her their lawyer. As far as adult situations she has my back. She is very laid back. she will tell me if she thinks I am wrong but always in private and wouldnt show my hand to someone I am disagreeing with.

along the lines of what Perch said my wife has my back most of the times but sides with the kids a lot if I am having a disagreement with them which makes things difficult for me. I call her their lawyer. As far as adult situations she has my back. She is very laid back. she will tell me if she thinks I am wrong but always in private and wouldnt show my hand to someone I am disagreeing with.

I should add that, even including the issues I mentioned above, she's never gotten in my dish in front of other people unless it was something trivial and fun.

my wife doesn't always agree with me, but I would say her instinct is to trust my opinion above anyone else's. that's nice because, 1) I know she DOES have my back, and 2) when she thinks I am wrong I can use that as a pretty good indication that I actually am.

+1 - either that or there's a really good argument coming... :D

:wacko:

my wife doesn't always agree with me, but I would say her instinct is to trust my opinion above anyone else's. that's nice because, 1) I know she DOES have my back, and 2) when she thinks I am wrong I can use that as a pretty good indication that I actually am.

This is what I meant to say.

my wife said she was gonna kick your a$$ after the cake & butter comment in HFA...does that count as having my back :D

oh and she was kidding...she said its not nice to beat up retards

:D We need to have you guys over for dinner some night

:wacko: gotcha again