[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

Putting on my Big John hat for a minute...

If you were born in 74, you'd be 11 in 1985...a sophomore?

But then I looked closer and see the orginal post was a mistake and it was 1989 and 20 years, not 25...

:wacko: I just went out to grab some lunch and I was walking back, I was thinking to myself, "wait....25 years ago was more like duran duran than the pixies. doolittle came out in 1989. 25 years shiiiit. that bassturd, club."

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I just went out to grab some lunch and I was walking back, I was thinking to myself, "wait....25 years ago was more like duran duran than the pixies. doolittle came out in 1989. 25 years shiiiit. that bassturd, club."

Was that Coyotes or Coconuts?

Psychosis I guess. I even graduated in 1989. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Any fans of Porcupine Tree out there? Just caught Burning Sky on Pandora and I'm interested in finding out more about this band.

I have Deadwing by them; it's OK. PM me if you're interested in acquiring it.

Nada Surf mostly...

is one of the best newer songs. For older, try Hyperspace or

ETA: I have a Pandora station for these guys and regularly see artists like Death Cab for Cutie and Band of Horses pop up, so if you like those bands, you might like Nada Surf too...

Edited by MTSuper7

dude, way to make me feel old. 25 years? seems like just yesterday I was wearing out my copy in the tape deck of my orange dodge dart. ahh yes, sophomore year of HS. I f'n loved that album though, wow.

I got into the Pixies a little late - about '91- ish. But what good music and good times.

• 2 weeks later...

Been too busy to snag the new DBT. :wacko:

Currently trying to determine if Ballicki Blues is the only Hypnotic Brass Ensemble song I like. So far, it is. The reason I can't just break away from Itunes and go back to Good Records 100% of the time.

I can't get enough Bad Romance. Seriously. I love it.

My Pandora station is in a rut lately and last night coming back from Easter with family, about 3 hours into a 5 hour trip, I was about to run off the road from boredom. So I switched to the Lady Gaga station I made for my wife, lots of songs about going to the club, dropping that ass, beats so big I'm steppin' on leprechauns and so forth. Perked us both right up. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

The Heavy. I must admit I like their song How You LIke Me Now that is on the car commercial enough to check them out and I am sold. They list their music as voodoo soul and funk. I can see it and I can dig it.

Edited by Cameltosis

It's funny how songs get burned into your brain forever.

While converting my library to digital I stumbled across an old dusty obscure LP I probably hadn't heard in almost 30 years. I tried to bittorrent it and couldn't even find it there so I shelled out 9 bucks and downloaded it from Amazon.

Fired that baby up and sang along to every song like it was 1980 again. :tup:

Shoes - Tongue Twister

wiki

Got my son into them too. :wacko:

The Heavy. I must admit I like their song How You LIke Me Now that is on the car commercial enough to check them out and I am sold.

:wacko: I just assumed that was an obscure James Brown track re-mixed for the commercial. I guess I'm paying the singer a compliment there.

I'm still hung up on Sufjan and Iron & Wine. I guess I'm on an emo-folk kick lately.

I'm still hung up on Sufjan and Iron & Wine. I guess I'm on an emo-folk kick lately.

sufjan I've just always liked....his music seems to always be just unexpected and fresh enough to keep me perpetually interested. iron & wine...I kinda want to hate on that whole lo-fi bearded hipster acoustic/songwriter vibe, but he just does it so well, it's hard not to love.