[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I've known this would be a cool concept that I would totally enjoy for a long time, but I never actually signed up for Pandora until today, and I've had it playing on my droid all day. first thing it does is ask you for the name of an artist you like, and then it just starts feeding you songs it thinks are in a similar vein. so I gave it Jim O'Rourke, figuring that would give me a pretty interesting feed of stuff I'd probably like but haven't heard much of...and I was right!

anyone else know if you can go in later and get some kind of list of the stuff you've given the thumbs-up to?

OK, so I've known this would be a cool concept that I would totally enjoy for a long time, but I never actually signed up for Pandora until today, and I've had it playing on my droid all day. first thing it does is ask you for the name of an artist you like, and then it just starts feeding you songs it thinks are in a similar vein. so I gave it Jim O'Rourke, figuring that would give me a pretty interesting feed of stuff I'd probably like but haven't heard much of...and I was right!

anyone else know if you can go in later and get some kind of list of the stuff you've given the thumbs-up to?

You should be able to see the stuff you've liked through the regular web interface.

2 from Australia.

Orianthi

Airbourne

Love Orianthi's song.

The Fray - Hard to Save a Life Can't keep that song out of the cd player

Used to listen to How to Save a Life over and over. Great song!

Welcome to 2008. :tup:

:wacko: well see here's the thing. I never just sit at the computer and listen to music. well except in my office at work and I can't do any sort of streaming thing through those computers, so I would always just play stuff on my iphone/zune through an extra set of computer speakers. I only recently got a phone fast enough (3g) to handle it, so here I am.

today the artist I searched for was thomas mapfumo, and I heard tons of great african music, some I'd heard, some I hadn't, but it was a truly excellent selection. so far I am a big fan of pandora.

Dawes, Fate Lions, Broken Bells, Daniel Katsuk.

I'm creating my own best of the red hot chili peppers because they are all or nothing for me. FInishing off my Stooges and Big Star collection. Also been getting into Weezer, who I ingnored the first time as my girlfriend's favorite song was that sweater song at the time I left everything I owned in our apartment and moved out.

Dawes, Fate Lions, Broken Bells, Daniel Katsuk.

I'm creating my own best of the red hot chili peppers because they are all or nothing for me. FInishing off my Stooges and Big Star collection. Also been getting into Weezer, who I ingnored the first time as my girlfriend's favorite song was that sweater song at the time I left everything I owned in our apartment and moved out.

I only know The High Road from these guys. Great song. Is the rest of the album as good?

Went real old school lately Van the Man with Moondance and a little live Madman AcrossThe Water By Elton from 71. Two of the greatest alblums that always get over looked.

The Fray - Hard to Save a Life Can't keep that song out of the cd player

I manage to keep it out just fine. Here's a suggestion. Next time your little sister leaves it in the CD player, take it out and snap it in half. This might get you grounded, but it will be worth the effort.

Back on topic, I need some new tunes badly. Certainly looking forward to the new Black Keys but everything else I've been playing, I've owned for at least 5 years.

Now back to scaning the last few pages of this thread...