[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usher- Oh My Gosh

Katie Perry and Snoop- California Gurls

Diddy and Dirty Money- Hello, Good Morning

I figure most here will probably hate these songs and/or mock them but I'm really liking these three at the moment.

toubab krewe :wacko:

Went and checked it out, for no other reason than your stellar reputation in these matters. I think I could enjoy throwing a song or two of those guys into a party mix but not sure if I could hang with that guitar sound for 45 minutes at a time.

Are we supposed to be posting "new" music in here or just whatever you've been listening to lately, like it says?

I think there's lots of value in recommendations of older as well as newer music. There's plenty of older stuff I missed the first time around. For example, I just found out recently that I was supposed to be listening to Cake about 7 years ago. Totally missed them.

People keep talking about me baby

Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong

Well, don't you worry baby

Don't worry Cause I'm right here, right here, right here,

right here at home

You're the cutest thing I ever did see

Really love your peaches wanna shake your tree

:wacko: Not at ALL what I expected.

If you like this song at all, get the album "California" by Mr. Bungle, which Mike is/was the lead singer of. Amazing stuff, and in a style somewhat similar to this.

tommy guerrero :wacko:

he kept coming up on pandora for me, and I was like where the heck do I know that name from? turns out he used to be one of the skateboarders in all those bones brigade movies. now, he is playing some tight-as-hell instrumental rock. listening right now to the EP (which you can buy for 5 bucks) the year of the monkey

I only know The High Road from these guys. Great song. Is the rest of the album as good?

I had to warm up but I really like the CD but I really love the Shins. It sounds like what would happen if the Shins, Oasis and the Smiths had a kid. October is probably the next radio song. I think a worthy investment.

I just recently got into Cake myself. I heard Mexico and decided I needed to know more.

Year of the Monkey was a smooth $3.99 on itunes. :wacko:

Az, if you haven't checked out Rodrigo y Gabriela yet, give them a shot.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Cults- Go Outside

I really want to go out

I really want to go outside

and stop to see you day

You really want to hole up

You really want to stay inside

and sleep the light away

I really want to go out

and make it light all day

and not care where you lay

Well I know what's good

Exactly cause I have been there before

Yeah I know what's gold

Exactly those things night cannot behold

I really want to go out

and stop to see you day

and sleep the light away

I think it's good to go out

Cuz if you don't you'll never make

a memory that will stay

I think that you should wake up

I think I want to live my life

and you're just in my way

If you like this song at all, get the album "California" by Mr. Bungle, which Mike is/was the lead singer of. Amazing stuff, and in a style somewhat similar to this.

One of my favorite albums. Golum 2: The Bionic Vapor Boy is just magical. Also, Pink Cigarette and other ones I'm forgetting. Cover-to-cover classic.

:wacko: I am always very interested in this thread and the songs everyone comes up with. Sometimes I feel as though I'm living on another planet being as I've never heard of even half the stuff you guys mention. It's good as you all widen my musical horizons.

tommy guerrero :wacko:

he kept coming up on pandora for me, and I was like where the heck do I know that name from? turns out he used to be one of the skateboarders in all those bones brigade movies. now, he is playing some tight-as-hell instrumental rock. listening right now to the EP (which you can buy for 5 bucks) the year of the monkey

Guys a fixture on the restaurant mixes. Soul Food Taqueria is a great album as well. The only issue I have with some of his tracks is that either preceding or following some really chill, ambient grooves, he throws in some loud, white-noise sample. I've had to go into garage band and clean those tracks up in order to play them at the restaurant.

As for me, I've been rediscovering the Jam via The Sound of the Jam greatest hits album and I'm back into a Costello binge again. This time Trust and Blood and Chocolate getting the most rotations.

As for new stuff:

Digging Brothers by The Black Keys immensely (might have mentioned that already but what the hell, effing great0

The new Broken Bells is OK but won't likely stick.

Some friends tried to turn me on to LCD Soundsystem via Sound of Silver and This is Happening. Can't really stand either

MGMT Congratulations stands a chance of making the cut

Gorillaz Plastic Beach is just not my thing at all. Might be able to mine a track or two to shake up party mixes though

The Hold Steady Heaven is Whenever is likely to grow on me big time

Edited by detlef