[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Showtimes Dexter...

peteteacher2001

I'm a rabid fan of the show. Got both seasons on DVD and a Bautista bobble head. Best show on TV. Just sucks that we have to wait 8-9 months for the next season to start up. The show has done well enough that Showtime bought 3 more seasons worth, so at the very least, we're looking at six seasons.

Other than sports, I really don't watch anything that's not on HBO or Showtime. My current favorites:

Dexter - Awesome show... I introduced it to my wife, and it's probably her #1 all-time favorite.

True Blood - There have been a couple of threads on this show already.

Brotherhood - Not bad... I guess I would call it an Irish version of the Sopranos, set in Rhode Island.

In the past, I've really gotten into:

Sopranos

Big Love

Six Feet Under

Rome

Curb Your Enthusiasm (own every season on disc)

My wife is looking forward to the United States of Tara (I think that's what it's called) that comes out next month. Looks somewhat interesting/entertaining.

Others I've watched, but didn't get into as much:

Deadwood (which surprised me, since I usually love Westerns)

Generation Kill (ditto... also a big war movie/show fan, but not this one)

My new thing is to get the discs by season through Blockbuster Online... Can pretty much knock out a season in a weekend or two. A couple of my next shows on the agenda are:

Friday Night Lights (not HBO/Showtime, but I've heard very good things)

Mad Men (ditto)

Weeds? Not sure about this one, but I'll probably check it out.

Edit: I guess I do watch a couple of things outside of Sports, HBO, and Showtime... American Idol and I'm also a closet Real World (MTV) fan. :wacko:

Other than sports, I really don't watch anything that's not on HBO or Showtime. My current favorites:

Dexter - Awesome show... I introduced it to my wife, and it's probably her #1 all-time favorite.

True Blood - There have been a couple of threads on this show already.

Brotherhood - Not bad... I guess I would call it an Irish version of the Sopranos, set in Rhode Island.

In the past, I've really gotten into:

Sopranos

Big Love

Six Feet Under

Rome

Curb Your Enthusiasm (own every season on disc)

My wife is looking forward to the United States of Tara (I think that's what it's called) that comes out next month. Looks somewhat interesting/entertaining.

Others I've watched, but didn't get into as much:

Deadwood (which surprised me, since I usually love Westerns)

Generation Kill (ditto... also a big war movie/show fan, but not this one)

My new thing is to get the discs by season through Blockbuster Online... Can pretty much knock out a season in a weekend or two. A couple of my next shows on the agenda are:

Friday Night Lights (not HBO/Showtime, but I've heard very good things)

Mad Men (ditto)

Weeds? Not sure about this one, but I'll probably check it out.

Edit: I guess I do watch a couple of things outside of Sports, HBO, and Showtime... American Idol and I'm also a closet Real World (MTV) fan. :wacko:

Sorry.... Got a little offtrack. Back to Dexter... Awesome show. Without naming names/characters, it's one of those shows where you hate to see people get killed because they're such great characters on the show. Every time someone leaves, though, a new interesting character pops up.

I was a big fan of Deadwood as well.

Friday Night Lights is/has been pretty dannged good.

We've also been into this show called Life... the main character is played by Damien Lewis. He's a brit - but he plays an American. He's an amazing actor. Amazing comic sensibilities... but the first time I saw him was on a mini-series called a Forsythe Saga. I loved his character on that, and he had zero.... heck, less than zero comedy to him. the guy has amazing range.

• 9 months later...
Sorry to go against the grain, but I tried the first 3 or 4 episodes and stopped. Didn't grab me at all.

:wacko:

yeah each to their own- that was Mad Men for me............ just could not get into it, and found it boring as hell, and everyone loves it

I just love Michael C Hall as an actor and will watch anything he is in - and it was a cool, different premise

give it another go it is a great

Watched season 1 and 2 and halfway through 3. I liked 1 a lot more than 2 and 3 so far. He becomes more human as it goes on, but I'm getting a little tired of all the times he almost gets caught. One thing about season 3, and I can't say it without spoiling it for those not done with season 2, but scroll down if you don't wanna know...

Why hasn't the DA figured out who the real BHB was? ...pretty twisted dude that B(ay)H(arbor)B(utcher)

Edited by Thews40

Watched season 1 and 2 and halfway through 3. I liked 1 a lot more than 2 and 3 so far. He becomes more human as it goes on, but I'm getting a little tired of all the times he almost gets caught. One thing about season 3, and I can't say it without spoiling it for those not done with season 2, but scroll down if you don't wanna know...

Why hasn't the DA figured out who the real BHB was? ...pretty twisted dude that B(ay)H(arbor)B(utcher)

Yeah seriously it's pretty obvious, you think he would catch on lol. I agree though, season 1 was way better than 1 and 2. It starts getting a little repetitive. This new season should be good, I'm sure they will twist his new born son into the new dexter.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
holy crap! What a great fookin' show! We just finished season 2 and are anxious to get to 3.

I love the depth, character development, the dark humor. It's funny how Dexter seems like the most normal person on the show. He almost never curses. So what I'm saying is, you can trust in Rex, but Tony Dungy's a serial killer.

My wife and I just finished season 4 and are going to subscribe to Showtime so we can start watching the new episodes. IMO season 4 was the best, and they leave you with one hell of a cliffhanger. Lithgow is really good.

When does season 5 start?

We subscribed to HBO for no other reason than for True Blood, but I'd rather switch to Showtime for Dexter.

Is there a way to buy the current shows online?

Starts next month sometime I think. Not sure about buying current shows. We watched season 4 on Showtime On Demand.

Excellent show. One of my all time favorites.