[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Valkyrie

Skilly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for Cruise for many of the same reasons already stated.

I did see the movie over the weekend, and enjoyed it. From a historical perspective, I learned that there were 15 unsuccessful "inside" attempts on Hitler's life during WWII. It must've taken some major cojones to join such a conspiracy. The movie does a good job of showing the motivation of the conspirators.

When Top Gun was being shot some of the scenes were taken on the USS Nimitz where my brother was serving. My brother was a plane captain at the time and had several occassions to work around the actors including Cruise. At the time, my brother said Cruise was a sawed off little jerk whose arrogance was pronounced even then. Many of the men who were on the Nimitz refused to see the movie because of the star's attitude while filming.

Such is the unfairness of life I guess.

When Top Gun was being shot some of the scenes were taken on the USS Nimitz where my brother was serving. My brother was a plane captain at the time and had several occassions to work around the actors including Cruise. At the time, my brother said Cruise was a sawed off little jerk whose arrogance was pronounced even then. Many of the men who were on the Nimitz refused to see the movie because of the star's attitude while filming.

Such is the unfairness of life I guess.

That's no shock.

Honestly, though... of those of us that have met "stars", how many of them have really been nice, forthcoming people? I'd bet that 75% of every single one is a class-A jerk. :wacko:

Would love to hear some stories of people meeting "stars" where they were blown away with how nice they were. And not just because they were at some charity event and had to appear at least somewhat approachable.

Would love to hear some stories of people meeting "stars" where they were blown away with how nice they were. And not just because they were at some charity event and had to appear at least somewhat approachable.

My little sister is an actress who has never gotten her "break" but she doesn't care 'cause she loves acting whether it's a local play or a TV show. Years ago (when she was in her early twenties) she got cast a lot as a teenager so she had bit parts on shows like "Life Goes On" with Corky the retarded kid, "Married with Children" and "Beverly Hills 90210".

According to my sister, Christina Applegate (the blond girl on Married with Children") went out of her way to be nice to everyone, including the bit part actors and the staff. She said she was super nice.

She also said that Shannon Dougherty (of 90210) was a complete and total lady dog. When my sister went to grab some food from a table during a break in filming, Dougherty slapped her hand and told her the food was only for the stars so go somewhere else (this wasn't the case). She said Dougherty asked every single person she could find who had the skinnier waist, her, Tori Spelling or Jennie Garth.

She also said that hands down, the nicest actor/actress she ever worked with was Robert Ulrich (sp?) the guy from the "Vegas" TV show. I think he passed away a while back.

HTH

Edited by Controller

My little sister is an actress who has never gotten her "break" but she doesn't care 'cause she loves acting whether it's a local play or a TV show. Years ago (when she was in her early twenties) she got cast a lot as a teenager so she had bit parts on shows like "Life Goes On" with Corky the retarded kid, "Married with Children" and "Beverly Hills 90210".

According to my sister, Christina Applegate (the blond girl on Married with Children") went out of her way to be nice to everyone, including the bit part actors and the staff. She said she was super nice.

She also said that Shannon Dougherty (of 90210) was a complete and total lady dog. When my sister went to grab some food from a table during a break in filming, Dougherty slapped her hand and told her the food was only for the stars so go somewhere else (this wasn't the case). She said Dougherty asked every single person she could find who had the skinnier waist, her, Tori Spelling or Jennie Garth.

She also said that hands down, the nicest actor/actress she ever worked with was Robert Ulrich (sp?) the guy from the "Vegas" TV show. I think he passed away a while back.

HTH

I've heard similar things about Applegate and Ulrich. Robert Redford is pretty cool too. I met him in passing at Lake Powell several years ago. Nice, seemingly average Joe out for a boat cruise like everybody else there. Except his "boat" was probably north of a million bucks. :wacko:

I don't care for Cruise for many of the same reasons already stated.

I did see the movie over the weekend, and enjoyed it. From a historical perspective, I learned that there were 15 unsuccessful "inside" attempts on Hitler's life during WWII. It must've taken some major cojones to join such a conspiracy. The movie does a good job of showing the motivation of the conspirators.

Not only were there 15 "inside" attempts, there were 44 total attempts on Hitlers life. Great show on Histroy Channel devotes itself to each one.

That's no shock.

Honestly, though... of those of us that have met "stars", how many of them have really been nice, forthcoming people? I'd bet that 75% of every single one is a class-A jerk. :wacko:

I've met some pretty nice people while on set. The one that comes to mind right away was Ed O'Neil. What a great guy. The worst person? Rebecca De Mornay. To put it nicely, she is the proto-type SET WHORE. What a bitch.

Katherine Heigl was very down to earth and would ask me about my family on a routine basis. It was rather hard talking to her while hiding my boner though. Good god what a babe.

But perhaps my favorite "star" is Bill Goldberg. The guy let me take a crap in his master bedroom bathroom. Now THAT is a true buddy right there.

Alright.

So Dustin Nguyen, who was a sidekick on a lame TV show (21 Jump Street), lived next door to me for awhile. The dude was supposedly some sort of star and he was renting a frickin' room in suburban Costa Mesa, CA. No idea why. But he, of course, acted like his schit didn't stink. I'd ask him how he was doin', and he would barely look up to who was asking and wouldn't say a word. :wacko:

My sister - who I'm incredibly proud of - has met more a-list celebs than I can list. She works for a leading hair salon in Hollywood and her client list is rather impressive. From what she's told me about the vast majority, they're all jerks and biatches.

A good friend of mine is friends with Matthew Lillard - of Scream fame - and says the guy is totally cool, funny, a blast to hang out with.

I went to college with Adam Sandler's cousin, and when he was just starting to hit it big, she got him to come do some stand-up at our big lecture hall.... later that night they went out for drinks, and I declined the invite since I was studying. :D Wish I wouldn't have done that looking back. I heard he was - at the time - a blast and extremely nice.

Like I said, I'm sure there are more than a handful of down-to-earth celebs.... but unfortunately I bet you can count 5+ a-holes for every nice one.

Jeez Galindo, just gobble Cruise's crank and get it over with already.

I appear to be in the minority in that Cruise doesn't really make OR ruin a movie for me. He's just there, being Tom Cruise.

That said, he was pretty awesome in Tropic Thunder.

My buddy was an extra on the movie Public Enemy and said Depp seemed to be a pretty nice guy - he wasn't taking the extras out for steak dinners but he would come over to people and say hello and basically resemble a decent human being.

So Dustin Nguyen, who was a sidekick on a lame TV show (21 Jump Street), lived next door to me for awhile. The dude was supposedly some sort of star and he was renting a frickin' room in suburban Costa Mesa, CA. No idea why. But he, of course, acted like his schit didn't stink. I'd ask him how he was doin', and he would barely look up to who was asking and wouldn't say a word. :wacko:

My sister - who I'm incredibly proud of - has met more a-list celebs than I can list. She works for a leading hair salon in Hollywood and her client list is rather impressive. From what she's told me about the vast majority, they're all jerks and biatches.

A good friend of mine is friends with Matthew Lillard - of Scream fame - and says the guy is totally cool, funny, a blast to hang out with.

I went to college with Adam Sandler's cousin, and when he was just starting to hit it big, she got him to come do some stand-up at our big lecture hall.... later that night they went out for drinks, and I declined the invite since I was studying. :D Wish I wouldn't have done that looking back. I heard he was - at the time - a blast and extremely nice.

Like I said, I'm sure there are more than a handful of down-to-earth celebs.... but unfortunately I bet you can count 5+ a-holes for every nice one.

First of all... 21 Jumpstreet was NOT a lame TV show. Maybe YOU're the one who's lame, lamey!

And I have also witnessed Adam Sandler at a keg party (at Trinity College), and he was mingling and getting drunk like everyone else. Didn't seem like a jerk at all.

First of all... 21 Jumpstreet was NOT a lame TV show. Maybe YOU're the one who's lame, lamey!

Lord help us. Darin has made fun of one of Atomic's teen angst dramas. Next, someone will say Kirk Cameron wasn't the greatest evah and it'll be on.

Lord help us. Darin has made fun of one of Atomic's teen angst dramas. Next, someone will say Kirk Cameron wasn't the greatest evah and it'll be on.

That show taught me everything I knew about drugs. We used to watch the reruns of it at noon in college while getting toasted. Good stuff.

That movie however was pretty bad IMO....way too self indulgent for all involved.

That was sorta the point. I don't think Stiller carries the movie very well, but some of the gags are simply inspired, Jay Baruchel manages to anchor the film in a supporting role and the scenery chewing by Nolte, RDJ, and Cruise is HIGHLY entertaining.

It ain't the best movie EV-AH, but it's a solid, if overlong, comedy.

That was sorta the point. I don't think Stiller carries the movie very well, but some of the gags are simply inspired, Jay Baruchel manages to anchor the film in a supporting role and the scenery chewing by Nolte, RDJ, and Cruise is HIGHLY entertaining.

It ain't the best movie EV-AH, but it's a solid, if overlong, comedy.

I know it was the point....it was too long, aimless. I thought Jack Black was the funniest. Maybe I give it another whirl at some point in the future to see what I missed...or chose not to really dig in to.

Tropic Thunder was the worst, dumbest, most unfunny movie I have seen in at least ten years. I usually love Jack Black, but his character was a complete waste of time. Not nearly as worthless as Ben Stiller, but bad. Tom Cruise tries to salvage that movie, but it is just too terrible to be saved.

Guys, he is an actor. Anybody that is even remotely paying attention to anything the guy says that was not written by someone else needs to ask themselves why they should care what this guy thinks. This is a guy that is paid to read on a camera. Thats it. He is simply paid to read. Why would anyone care about whether or not he has personal thoughts or opinions? Does he do a good job in his role? Any question other than that is simply a waste of time.

People that care about the personal lives of entertainers are the same people that take sports commentators too seriously or think Carl Everett doesn't deserve to play baseball because he doesn't believe in dinosaurs.

Guys, he is an actor. Anybody that is even remotely paying attention to anything the guy says that was not written by someone else needs to ask themselves why they should care what this guy thinks. This is a guy that is paid to read on a camera. Thats it. He is simply paid to read. Why would anyone care about whether or not he has personal thoughts or opinions? Does he do a good job in his role? Any question other than that is simply a waste of time.

People that care about the personal lives of entertainers are the same people that take sports commentators too seriously or think Carl Everett doesn't deserve to play baseball because he doesn't believe in dinosaurs.

Nail hit squarely on head. Sports people only matter inside the lines, entertainers only matter in movies / shows. The rest is worthless noise. Period.

There are certain actors that I avoid and will not see any movie that they are in (burned by too many poopy movies I paid good money to see). The current list is

1. Jack Black

2. Ben Stiller

3. The Rock

4. Will Farrell

And I could care less about their religion, political views, love lifes, etc.... If they are good actors making good movies, the could worship monkeys that hang upside down while jacking off into coconuts for all I care.