[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons

TDFFFreak

Saw this movie last night and overall I just can't give it a good review. At about three hours long, it is often dull and depressing. As beautifully shot and well acted as it was, the movie was basically watching a person on his way to death. I found it dire instead of inspiring. It reminded me a bit of Forrest Gump without the sense of humor. I went in thinking that the film would have more of a fairy tale aspect to it, but it kind of plays it straight outside of a few minor elements. I give it a C -- thought provoking, but way too dull, sad, and long for it to be a positive movie going experience for me.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Saw this movie last night and overall I just can't give it a good review. At about three hours long, it is often dull and depressing. As beautifully shot and well acted as it was, the movie was basically watching a person on his way to death. I found it dire instead of inspiring. It reminded me a bit of Forrest Gump without the sense of humor. I went in thinking that the film would have more of a fairy tale aspect to it, but it kind of plays it straight outside of a few minor elements. I give it a C -- thought provoking, but way too dull, sad, and long for it to be a positive movie going experience for me.

You'll never make it as a film critic since they all claim this is one of the truly great movies along with the movie "Milk" which was the Oscar Winner before they even filmed it.

It was directed or written by the same dude

You'll never make it as a film critic since they all claim this is one of the truly great movies along with the movie "Milk" which was the Oscar Winner before they even filmed it.

Actually, every review I've seen has called it mediocre.

The Village Voice panned it. But, they hire failed, angry wannabe filmmakers who can't write a sentence without hitting the thesaurus, so it's no big surprise.

There's hope for me yet as a film critic. I really liked "Milk". :wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

It was directed or written by the same dude

The above quote was in reference to Forrest Gump. The movie was directed by David Fincher (a very good director who's last 2 films, Benjamin Buttons & Zodiac, were about 45 minutes too long). Button may have been writen by Eric Roth who I think may have wrote Forrest Gump, but I am not looking on IMDB right now.

The key is to see it with someone you wish to have sex with later. I give it three thumbs up! :D:D:D

I was with my wife so it was wasted. :D:wacko:

• 8 months later...

I gotta say, I think Pitt has turned into a damn fine actor. He can do serious, crazy or funny. I mean, he isn't just a pretty boy. I thought he a K. Reeves would have similar careers (pretty face, no-talent) but Pitt has impressed the heck out of me with nearly everything he's done in the last 10 years or so. I haven't seen this, but I want to.

got around to seeing this a few weeks ago and thought it was awful. pitt can be a very good actor, and I had never seen cate blanchett in anything where I didn't think she was awesome -- that is, until this god-awful load of pretentious crap.

Why ?