[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a new show to watch....

peteteacher2001

seriously? alot of my buddies didn't like it that much, maybe they weren't down with westerns............

Hmmm. The setting is obviously a western, but man, the dialogue and characters were Shakespearean in their epic nature. Seriously, a great program that will change your vocabulary.

Mad Men is frickin' incredible.

Hate to break it to you, but both me and the wife found Season One incredibly better than the second. I mean, don't get me wrong, the second season was pretty good... but had a lot to live up to and fell a little short. Don't not watch it on that account.. we're looking forward to the third.

Hmmm. The setting is obviously a western, but man, the dialogue and characters were Shakespearean in their epic nature. Seriously, a great program that will change your vocabulary.

dood- I loved the show- but I always thought of it as more of a niche-type show that didn't appeal to alot of people, not the best show of all time..........

the writing was brilliant, a nice mix of sharp dialogue and off the charts cussing.

I'm in the middle of watching Season 1 of both of these shows. Mad Men is frickin' incredible.

Nice. Stick with them both. I agree that Mad Men is definitely the more "catchier" of the two and easier to get into, but The Wire really goes the distance and after five seasons, I can honestly say that I don't think there is/will ever be another TV show that gives the viewer a more realistic and harsh sense of dramatic reality of life in the city (media, drug trade, public education, politics, etc.).

Dead Like Me

I loved this show ...too bad it ended after two seasons.

+1 for Six feet under. Takes some very strange turns, but very good overall.

Has anyone watched Carnivale? I've tried twice to watch the first episode, but didn't make it through. Is it worth watching?

• 5 months later...
I hate television....

the only shows that I watch are...

Weeds

Californication

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

these are the only shows I consider watching....I consider them Blue Chipper Elite's...

Freaking LOVE It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Hilarious show.

I agree with much of the above....

I'll toss in Sons of Anarchy from FX

Only one season in, but it was good fun for me...it's like a cross between Sopranos and Road House

The Wire is without a doubt the best 5 seasons of drama I've ever seen...season 2 sucked until they brought it all back together in season 5, then I had to go back and watch season 2 to really appreciate it again...brilliant stuff

WD

+1 on The Wire.

Great show

Yeah, reading this thread made me remember that I finished this show recently. An incredible experience with "The Wire". I intentionally drug out the 5th season because I simply did not want this series to end.

Two suggestions:

1. A couple of years ago, my wife forced me to sit through alternating episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel." I was skeptical at first, but both series are phenomenal in a campy, fun sort of way. Very enjoyable and very funny, especially after the first two seasons of Buffy.

2. Several years ago, I watched "Twin Peaks" from start to finish, and it finally made sense after concluding with "Fire Walk With Me." Completely satisfying.

I plan to watch "The Wire," "The Weeds," "Band of Brothers," and "The Practice" while I'm deployed. :wacko: