[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All-time underrated movies

BeeR

I agree. I thought this film was very well done.

Ohh, Minority Report! I couldn't remember the name of that one. Very good!!!! Excellent idea for a film and executed brilliantly.

Also:

Bio-Dome

Long Gone (my favorite sports movie!!!)

Gangster #1

Endless Summer 1 & 2

Grandma's Boy

Boondock Saints

Carlito's Way

12 Monkeys

Cobb

Stealing Beauty

Gummo

SuperTroopers

Love Jones

Menace II Society

Bio-Dome

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystery Men

Grandma's Boy

Waiting

Bad Santa

Green Street Hooligans

Vanilla Sky

Constantine

Gothika

Boy, you list three absolute stinkers here. Vanilla Sky might be the worst of the bunch. (Bad Santa and Mystery Men, on the other hand, are what I would like to call misunderstood movies and are actually pretty good if not at least entertaining).

"Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" is a pretty funny movie too.

I've been an employee here for three

years now, and if there's one thing I've

learned, it's that when you're craving

White Castle, the burgers here simply

won't cut it.

In fact, just thinking about those tender

little White Castle burgers and those

grilled onions that explode in your mouth

like flavor crystals. . .

makes me want to BURN THIS MUTHA *&^@^@

to the ground and re-build a White

Castle in its place.

I just watched Cast Away for the second time (this time I had to watch it in segments... caught the middle of it a few nights ago and watching the start/end last night). Unfreakinbelievable movie. I know some people said that it was overblown, too much un-needed CGI, and some kind of Tom Hanks "look at me" thing.... but no way. That movie is simply awesome.

Edited by darin3

I just watched Cast Away for the second time (this time I had to watch it in segments... caught the middle of it a few nights ago and watching the start/end last night). Unfreakinbelievable movie. I know some people said that it was overblown, too much un-needed CGI, and some kind of Tom Hanks "look at me" thing.... but no way. That movie is simply awesome.

Another one I've never seen because I'd forgotten about it by the time it arrived on DVD. :wacko:

I thought the movie was one gigantic bore. I had set my expectations fairly high up and I really like Tom Hanks, but this one falls in the extremely overrated category for me. Different strokes.

Harold and Kumar (the 1st one, haven't seen the second one) would fall into my underrated list. It's really funny and more than just a typical stoner comedy.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Maybe it is because we have three small ones at home and the wife is not comfortable with babysitters for them at this age, but we have caught all of our movies for about the last six years on HBO, etc.

I had never heard of the movie "The Negotiator" until we saw it on HBO a few years back. That was a great flick I didn't even remember in ads or the internet.

I thought the movie was one gigantic bore. I had set my expectations fairly high up and I really like Tom Hanks, but this one falls in the extremely overrated category for me. Different strokes.

Harold and Kumar (the 1st one, haven't seen the second one) would fall into my underrated list. It's really funny and more than just a typical stoner comedy.

Speaking of stoner comedies, I really liked "Dogma" as well.

Speaking of stoner comedies, I really liked "Dogma" as well.

Yeah, Dogma had it's moments (I assume we are talking about the Kevin Smith flick), but not a movie that has remained in my mind as really good or awful. Now Chasing Amy is a good Kevin Smith movie.

Boy, you list three absolute stinkers here. Vanilla Sky might be the worst of the bunch. (Bad Santa and Mystery Men, on the other hand, are what I would like to call misunderstood movies and are actually pretty good if not at least entertaining).

I thought Vanilla Sky was great....:wacko:....not a Cruise fan, but I like Minority Report as well...

I think it's great in some ways but weak in others. The whole "4 years later..." thing kind of had me going :wacko: - cmon now - and it was tragic that he doesn't get to boff Helen Hunt anymore :D But overall he pulled it off far better than I think anyone else could have.

I watched another one last night I'd forgotten about: The Last Boy Scout. Not amazing but definitely an above-avg action flick. Hated the teenage brat kid though.

I think it's great in some ways but weak in others. The whole "4 years later..." thing kind of had me going :D - cmon now - and it was tragic that he doesn't get to boff Helen Hunt anymore :D But overall he pulled it off far better than I think anyone else could have.

Yeah four years is definitely a long-ass time... you'd think he would have kicked the bucket due to getting sick... and how did his teeth stay so nice? But still, just an awesome, thought-provoking movie that I doubt can be duplicated in theme. No way one guy could be on screen by himself for that long and captivate an audience the way Hanks did. :wacko: