[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles @ Cardinals

jaxfactor

That's your job. If you can't make it because it's on the road you need another job. This isn't the NBA. I hope he had a better reason for not making it than that.

The kick off was a worse call IMO. That should have been the Cards ball. It all balances out I suppose

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's your job. If you can't make it because it's on the road you need another job. This isn't the NBA. I hope he had a better reason for not making it than that.

As a fan I am not gonna cry about that call or non-call whatever you want to call it...there were enough chances for other plays for the game not to come down to that play...you have to put yourself in a position to win and succeed and 4th & 10 isn't a place you want to have to be with the game on the line, especially on the road

I hear ya but how often would you rather see the game decided on the field instead of by the referees? To me, it was pass interference. He clearly triped and knocked Curtis off his route messing up the timing and making him drop the pass. But in game speed, I can see how that might look like incidental contact or a no call. Either way, the refs once again in the NFL are under the spotlight by making or not making questionable calls.

I hear ya but how often would you rather see the game decided on the field instead of by the referees? To me, it was pass interference. He clearly triped and knocked Curtis off his route messing up the timing and making him drop the pass. But in game speed, I can see how that might look like incidental contact or a no call. Either way, the refs once again in the NFL are under the spotlight by making or not making questionable calls.

It's irrelevant imo. Curtis still dropped it.

Congrats Cards! Must be feeling pretty awesome, eh soup?

Well, I'm not a die-hard Cardinals fan but since I moved here in '02, I have wanted to see them do well since they have been a bottom dwelling team for the most part. The last couple of years, I admit, I have become more passionate about their play jumping up and down and yelling at the tv! So, I feel pretty good for the Cardinals!!! :wacko:

Congrats Card and and fans. I wish the defense showed up in the first half.

for the Birds 47 pass attempts to 18 rushes if you didnt watch the game that alone would tell you the outcome :wacko:

That pass to run ratio usually does but what choice did the Eagles have? The Cards came out smoking in the first half scoring 24 points on a excellent D. The eagles had to ditch the run and pass like crazy.

for the Birds 47 pass attempts to 18 rushes if you didnt watch the game that alone would tell you the outcome :wacko:

I'm all about Reid balancing his attack more but when you are down 24-6 pretty early that goes out the door. I cannot blame McNabb because he played well in the playoffs up to today and then again in the 3rd quarter but he has to make some of those wide open throws. It seems like he completes more passes into double coverage or good single coverage then he does when a guy is crossing wide open 5 yards in front of him.

That pass to run ratio usually does but what choice did the Eagles have? The Cards came out smoking in the first half scoring 24 points on a excellent D. The eagles had to ditch the run and pass like crazy.

I know and that means their D didnt do the job....but andy likes to throw but they played their best the past 6 weeks or so with a more balanced attack..and yeah their D allowed that to happen too

I'm all about Reid balancing his attack more but when you are down 24-6 pretty early that goes out the door. I cannot blame McNabb because he played well in the playoffs up to today and then again in the 3rd quarter but he has to make some of those wide open throws. It seems like he completes more passes into double coverage or good single coverage then he does when a guy is crossing wide open 5 yards in front of him.

I know why we had to do it but I think you would agree if prior to the game I said the eagles would pass the ball 40+ times and run it less than 20 you would say that the Cards would win the game(for whatever reason they had to pass so much....forced by the cards score or by andys lack of balance)

The story of McNabbs career. He can get you deep but not over the hump. Still an admirable run by Philly. Beat up Dallas to get in and won 2 playoff games when as of 1 pm on the final game of the season it was no guarentee they would even get in.

The story of McNabbs career. He can get you deep but not over the hump. Still an admirable run by Philly. Beat up Dallas to get in and won 2 playoff games when as of 1 pm on the final game of the season it was no guarentee they would even get in.

I'm not sure you can put that all on McNabb though. I have said it many times, McNabb does not fit into Reid's offense. McNabb's strengths are the deep pass and creating time with his legs. Reid's system calls for accurate short passes. And the fact that McNabb has had a true #1 WR one year in his career doesn't help either. I think if McNabb had played in an offense that suits his skills a little better and gave him a solid #1 WR he would have had a much better career then is has had so far. Not that he has had a bad career.

I'm not sure you can put that all on McNabb though. I have said it many times, McNabb does not fit into Reid's offense. McNabb's strengths are the deep pass and creating time with his legs. Reid's system calls for accurate short passes. And the fact that McNabb has had a true #1 WR one year in his career doesn't help either. I think if McNabb had played in an offense that suits his skills a little better and gave him a solid #1 WR he would have had a much better career then is has had so far. Not that he has had a bad career.

Whats sad is Jaworski led the Birds to 1 SB, and 1 NFC CHamp game, and he lost the SB, and he is a legend in Philly.

McNabb has led the Birds to 5 NFC Champ game, and 1 SB, and he lost that SB and he is the goat.