[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Funny John Clayton quote

Seahawks21

I'm sorry I can't get this word for word, as it was on local sportsradio a few minutes ago but I found it rather entertaining

"You just have to realize that when you play against the Steelers in the Super Bowl, you are twice as likely to get called for a penalty as they are"

They certainly have a large enough sample size to where this isn't just a simple random occurrence. They must just be that well coached. :wacko:

I have never in my life met a people that collectively whines as much as the inhabitants of Seattle. No wonder the suicide rates in Seattle are higher then any other city. You my friend have made my day, I can not stop smiling at your propensity to stay and remain bitter :wacko: for the rest of your lifes.

:D:D:D

LOL life is grand except when you are a Seattle sports fan, actually scratch that, except when you live in Seattle!

I have never in my life met a people that collectively whines as much as the inhabitants of Seattle. No wonder the suicide rates in Seattle are higher then any other city. You my friend have made my day, I can not stop smiling at your propensity to stay and remain bitter :wacko: for the rest of your lifes.

LOL life is grand except when you are a Seattle sports fan, actually scratch that, except when you live in Seattle!

Not even his best one...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2703699

So John Clayton did not say this then?

How do you equate the Green Bay Packers NFL Franchise with 'Culture of Failure'?

I think most would agree that winning 1 superbowl pretty much equates to failure. I mean, that is only one more than the Lions, Cardinals, and is tied with the Ravens whou have only been around for a little while.

Am I forgetting some wins? I know that 70ish years ago GB won some stuff but it was before the merger and the superbowl.

I think most would agree that winning 1 superbowl pretty much equates to failure. I mean, that is only one more than the Lions, Cardinals, and is tied with the Ravens whou have only been around for a little while.

Am I forgetting some wins? I know that 70ish years ago GB won some stuff but it was before the merger and the superbowl.

:wacko: And it's just a coincidence the SuperBowl trophy is named after a Packer's coach for winning the first 2 Super Bowls.

Polksalet you're embarrassing yourself.

It's called voluntary population control. We do our part to compliment all the Pittsburgh fans that die of black lung each year.

The ignorance in this post is just flat out :wacko:

:wacko:

How do you equate the Green Bay Packers NFL Franchise with 'Culture of Failure'?

May I suggest doing some research?

How did Jacob Hester work out for you?

:wacko: And it's just a coincidence the SuperBowl trophy is named after a Packer's coach for winning the first 2 Super Bowls.

Polksalet you're embarrassing yourself.

Yep, now I'm reminded why I had him on ignore for so long.

The ignorance in this post is just flat out :wacko:

No kidding. We had 2 down decades but since fixing the team president - over the last 16 years

Green Bay 167 wins 1 SB

Pittsburgh 160 wins 2 SB

All time record against Green Bay 13 18 0 .419

These are 2 of the most successful teams in the NFL.

Pittsburgh had bad seasons too but in 1 they got Roethlisberger. That looks pretty good right now.

Edited by Randall

No kidding. We had 2 down decades but since fixing the team president - over the last 16 years

Green Bay 167 wins 1 SB

Pittsburgh 160 wins 2 SB

These are 2 of the most successful teams in the NFL.

Pittsburgh had bad seasons too but in 1 they got Roethlisberger. That looks pretty good right now.

I love the way you pick a certain time period, particularly an odd time period. Why not go the last 20 yeas? I mean that is a nice even number, it makes more sense, unless of course you are trying to skew statistics.

I love the way you pick a certain time period, particularly an odd time period. Why not go the last 20 yeas? I mean that is a nice even number, it makes more sense, unless of course you are trying to skew statistics.

You mean like how many Steelers fans only count their record since the 1970's? I just updated to include all time records.

From Football Reference

Most years in the playoffs

30 NYG

29 Dallas

28 Cleveland

27 The Rams

25 Minnesota and Pittsburgh

24 Green Bay and Chicago

23 San Francisco

22 Colts, Redskins and Dolphins

21 Eagles, Raiders and the Titans/Oilers.

Edited by Randall

You mean like how many Steelers fans only count their record since the 1970's? I just updated to include all time records.

From Football Reference

30 NYG

29 Dallas

28 Cleveland

27 The Rams

25 Minnesota and Pittsburgh

24 Green Bay and Chicago

23 San Francisco

22 Colts, Redskins and Dolphins

21 Eagles, Raiders and the Titans/Oilers.

That's really interesting, and I never would have thunk it: The Titans/Oilers are tied with the most playoff appearances of the original 8 AFL teams. That's good drunk betting material right there, especially against Oakland fans.

The Phins werre a 68 start-up, and Pitt and Colts moved intot he AFC.

That's really interesting, and I never would have thunk it: The Titans/Oilers are tied with the most playoff appearances of the original 8 AFL teams. That's good drunk betting material right there, especially against Oakland fans.

The Phins werre a 68 start-up, and Pitt and Colts moved intot he AFC.

No kidding. Or bet the Chargers (17) or Bills fans(16).

From Football Reference

30 NYG - Made Playoffs 36% of the years in the league.

29 Dallas - Made Playoffs 60% of the years in the league.

28 Cleveland - Made Playoffs 45% of the years in the league.

27 The Rams - Made Playoffs 38% of the years in the league.

25 Minnesota - Made Playoffs 53% of the years in the league.

25 Pittsburgh - Made Playoffs 33% of the years in the league.

24 Green Bay - Made Playoffs 27% of the years in the league.

24 Chicago - Made Playoffs 27% of the years in the league.

23 San Francisco - Made Playoffs 37% of years in the league.

22 Colts - Made Playoffs 42% of years in the league.

22Redskins - Made Playoffs 29% of years in the league.

22Dolphins - Made Playoffs 52% of the years in the league.

21 Eagles - Made Playoffs 28% of the years in the league.

21Raiders - Made Playoffs 44% of the years in the league.

21Titans/Oilers. - Made the Playoffs 44% of the years in league.

Only three teams in the league have made the playoffs over 50% of the time, the Cowboys with 60%, the Vikings with 53%, and the Dolphins with 52%.