[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mini Rant

Czarina

What's the deal with the cost of Pepsi and Coke these days? I prefer to get them in cans and will buy either a 12 or 24 pack depending on the prices. Typically they went from $2.50-$3 for a 12 pack, depending on the sales.

They haven't been less than $4 per 12 pack since the beginning of January and I actually saw Pepsi 12 packs at the 'cheap' grocery store for $4.99 yesterday.

I don't like bottled pepsi :wacko: but it's 3/$4 for the 2 liter bottles right now.

Why is the price of this stuff going up this dramatically?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with the cost of Pepsi and Coke these days? I prefer to get them in cans and will buy either a 12 or 24 pack depending on the prices. Typically they went from $2.50-$3 for a 12 pack, depending on the sales.

They haven't been less than $4 per 12 pack since the beginning of January and I actually saw Pepsi 12 packs at the 'cheap' grocery store for $4.99 yesterday.

I don't like bottled pepsi :wacko: but it's 3/$4 for the 2 liter bottles right now.

Why is the price of this stuff going up this dramatically?

not only is it going up but they are also F'n with the packaging

used to buy a 12 pack of the mini bottles and now they are basically the same price but there is only 10 bottles in the package.(talking about pepsi products)

not only is it going up but they are also F'n with the packaging

used to buy a 12 pack of the mini bottles and now they are basically the same price but there is only 10 bottles in the package.(talking about pepsi products)

costco used to carry 36-packs of dr pepper for $9 (25 cents a can). suddenly they stopped. i think it was because dr pepper changed the packaging -- i've seen stores carrying 8-packs, 18-packs and 24-packs instead (even though coke and pepsi still have 36-packs at costco). our grocery store sells dr pepper for about 30 cents a can.

jees, next thing you know, you will be complaining about people using credit cards. :wacko:

Seriously, though, i think it has to do with the fact that the refiners just aren't making as much Pepsi and Coke, they make much better profit on RC Cola. That or they are switching over to their summer blends right now.

I am the exact same as you. I hate Coke in plastic...despise it...won't drink it. Has to be in a can.

Scour the local Drug Store adds. They are doing crazy stuff to get you in the store and buy there drugs. You can usually find them 3/$10 and sometimes 4/$10. That's where I go...I don't buy my soda and the grocery store anymore.

I am the exact same as you. I hate Coke in plastic...despise it...won't drink it. Has to be in a can.

Scour the local Drug Store adds. They are doing crazy stuff to get you in the store and buy there drugs. You can usually find them 3/$10 and sometimes 4/$10. That's where I go...I don't buy my soda and the grocery store anymore.

Good call, I'll keep my eye out for them.

I'm the same way with Coke and Mt. Dew.

Maybe the corn syrup in pop is the price culprit? Corn chips are supposed to go up about $2 a bag by the end of this year.

I picked a great time to cut our junk food. :D Ka-ching!

Sweet mercy, I miss it. :wacko:

The ethanol subsidies are driving up the cost of all corn-food products. The corn lobby has successfully screwed America again.

First, we all get fat on corn syrup, now that we're addicted they jack the price so our cars can get worse mpg than on straight gasoline.

Can I get a a"Yay Capitolism!"?

The ethanol subsidies are driving up the cost of all corn-food products. The corn lobby has successfully screwed America again.

First, we all get fat on corn syrup, now that we're addicted they jack the price so our cars can get worse mpg than on straight gasoline.

Can I get a a"Yay Capitolism!"?

You do realize these two are mutually exclusive. That if the politicians didn't mess with the free market to begin with, then corn-based products wouldn't be so expensive right now?

Back in the day I remember buying 6oz cokes for a nickle, ya whippersnappers.

Plus it was "MADE" at the soda fountain and a bag of potato chips was a nickel also.

Odd, I generally prefer the 20 oz bottles to cans. Used to drink 2-4 of em a day of diet coke, but have cut that to maybe a couple a week.

Same here...less waste as I rarely finish a 12oz can and buy the time I get back to it it's flat.

I can't think of the last time I bought soda at the store. The wife bought a 2-liter of Diet Pepsi from one of the local pizza delivery places, but just so we had something to mix with rum and Jack. :wacko:

Now, doesn't mean I won't fill up on 32 ounces of Coke or root beer when I'm out for lunch. I just find that not having it in the house really helps the ole diet. I drink a TON of water and lo-cal Gatorade.