[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are kids just getting bigger?

detlef

I remember finding one of those old soccer pictures that look like trading cards when going through my parent's old pictures. I was 9yo in the pic and the weight was 115lbs. :wacko: I'm now 6'3" and roughly 250lbs.

My son seems to be following in my footsteps at the moment. He's in the 90/98th percentile in weight & height respectively every time we go to the doctor for his checkups.

Edited by BiggieFries

the amount of steroids, antibiotics, and other meds pumped into our food sources(mainly meat) is incredible. that stuff gets into our systems.

Yep, and when you die, you are so full of preservatives and artificial flavorings that your body decomposes much slower than 100 years ago.

Yep, and when you die, you are so full of preservatives and artificial flavorings that your body decomposes much slower than 100 years ago.

Some of us will be so full of chemicals we'll burn light a roman candle, periodically shooting off flaming balls of magnificent colors and making our deaths seem festive and patriotic. :wacko:

Edited by The Holy Roller

My oldest daughter is 10 and she stands about 5'-3" right now, which is about a foot taller than most girls her age. She has also started her period. She is slim, has some fat on her (not too skinny). My youngest daughter is 7, and is closer to average height, though she is probably in the 75th percentile in height. She is also pretty thick, but has no fat on her at all. She is a little athlete.

What amazes me is high school football players. When I was in high school I was the second biggest kid on the offensive line, at a pretty slim 225 and the buy that was bigger than me was a blubber butt. Last year at the same high school I went to the average offensive lineman's weight was 275, and these kids are stout not fat.

not my little girl, she is tiny. 16 months and still just shy of cracking 20 lbs. she is running like 70th percentile for height and 3rd :wacko: for weight. the doctors have been guilt-tripping my wife about it her last couple appointments, but I don't know what else we can do. we put food in front of her all the time, and most of the time she actually eats pretty well. we've even taken to feeding her spoonfulls of nutella :D she seems healthy though, so I'm really not very concerned.

What amazes me is the difference in appetite and variety of foods my kids have. My oldest has a hugh appetitte and unfortunately she doesnt like the good stuff. She would live on pizza chicken fingers and mac and cheese if we let her and she loves chips and cookies. My little one likes that kind of stuff too but she will eat vegetables, tuna and fruit and she will try anything you put in front of her at least once. My oldest wont try anything new

11 years old, 52 scrawny pounds. They wouldn't let the fastest guy in town play pop warner... :wacko:

I was 9 and weighed 130. I had to lose 30 lbs to play pop warner with the 12 year olds.

I coached Jr. High kids for a number of years, and it was my experience that the kids were actually getting smaller and smaller. It might have just been me getting older, but they looked a lot scrawnier than we did when we were that age.

My oldest (turned 4 in October) has been in the high 90s for percentiles since he was born, and is currently about 3'8'' and 44 pounds. Just a big kid for his age, but proportional.

My youngest (will be 2 in April) has been pretty high percentile wise in height but pretty low in weight. Yet he still has a little buddha belly. he is 2'10'' and about 25 pounds.

So, I've got a linebacker and a small forward going here.

My oldest (turned 4 in October) has been in the high 90s for percentiles since he was born, and is currently about 3'8'' and 44 pounds. Just a big kid for his age, but proportional.

My youngest (will be 2 in April) has been pretty high percentile wise in height but pretty low in weight. Yet he still has a little buddha belly. he is 2'10'' and about 25 pounds.

So, I've got a linebacker and a small forward going here.

I think I've got a kicker (except the Janikowski type, Jeff Reed)--he's only 34 lbs & turns 4 in June--skinny as ae rail, we weighed today at the doc's office as a matter of fact

my little baby girl almost 8 months weighs about 15 lbs, seems rather petite

I see lots of fatty kids lately, spending too much time indoors and not enough outside