[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ticketmaster tips and tricks

AtomicCEO

Phish tickets for Red Rocks go on sale Thursday. I have 10 friends who all requested pre-order tickets for all four shows and we all struck out. Thats 0-40... which means the odds must have been pretty bad indeed.

I called the local ticketmaster outlet (a CD shop), and they said they've already gotten a lot of calls about it, so they expect a line and a lottery just for their line. Sigh.

Anyone know any tricks for getting hard to get tickets? Or does anyone work for ticketmaster and want to hook me up? Work for Phish? The power of prayer?

Phish tickets for Red Rocks go on sale Thursday. I have 10 friends who all requested pre-order tickets for all four shows and we all struck out. Thats 0-40... which means the odds must have been pretty bad indeed.

I called the local ticketmaster outlet (a CD shop), and they said they've already gotten a lot of calls about it, so they expect a line and a lottery just for their line. Sigh.

Anyone know any tricks for getting hard to get tickets? Or does anyone work for ticketmaster and want to hook me up? Work for Phish? The power of prayer?

i have had success at the supermarket. there usually is not a line because few realize they are a ticketmaster outlet.

Not sure if this works anymore but I used to find a small city that had zero concerts coming soon and call that city and buy tickets for a show in my city.

For example living in Milwaukee I would call a city in say Iowa and buy the tickets for a show at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. The local Milwaukee ticketmaster was slammed but nobody was calling Iowa.

It worked years ago not sure it still does???

I used to work at a store that sold ticketmaster. If they do a lottery, have your friends go with you to line up but spread yourselves out so that someone can get as close to the front as possible. Than make sure everyone whose in line with you has enough cash to buy all of the tickets that you need. Watch out for the max number of tickets allowed per person as they change depending on the show. You may want to have another buddy hang out away from the line and then join the friend that is closest to the front so that there can be 2 people buying tickets, if that makes sense.

It's been awhile, but typically the random drawings went like this: everyone lines up and everyone takes half of one ticket. The other half goes into a hat and someone in the line pulls out a number. That number is where the line starts. Everyone in front of that point now goes to the back. Kind of sucks, but once folks understood that's how it was going to work, they seemed to buy in. Not sure everyone did it that way, but that's what we did.

Not sure if this works anymore but I used to find a small city that had zero concerts coming soon and call that city and buy tickets for a show in my city.

For example living in Milwaukee I would call a city in say Iowa and buy the tickets for a show at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. The local Milwaukee ticketmaster was slammed but nobody was calling Iowa.

i'm pretty sure that put a halt to that some time in the mid-1990s. i tried that back then and they wouldn't sell me the tickets.

Get to the parking lot early, find a stoner who's in dire need of some muchies, and trade him six humus sandwiches for a miracle ticket.

Used to work for me back in the day :wacko:

I lucked out and got 1st night Red Rocks via Phish lottery. I'm still gonna try for Sat/Sun via ticketbastard on thursday.

:wacko: I used to do the EXACT same thing and it worked like a charm. However, I fear that nowadays it's better to go online, especially for such a tough ticket. These tix will be gone in 10 minutes.

Seriously. Try it on-line. This has worked for me and lots of my friends here in KC. I don't know anyone who goes and stands in line anymore.

Online is definitely the way to go but it's still tough to score. Ticket brokers and others have shortcuts on getting directly to the order screen before the sale start time - once the time hits, they are there to order and are able to avoid the waiting rooms etc... There are also programs that take people directly to the ordering screen. These programs are also designed to over-ride the captchas and whatnot. Trust me, ordering online is a chore and just as difficult to score tix. I may try to go to Macy's since select stores sell tickets.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Call a ticketmaster that is not in your local market about 10 minutes before the tickets go on sale. Pick out two or three events that you have no intention of buying (Celtics, Neil Diamond, etc...) and ask about availability. Keep the girl on the line as long as possible and then at 9:59 tell her the truth about what you really need. I have done this 20 times and never once has an operator been upset. They work hourly and if she wasn't talking to you, she would be on the phone with someone else so it's not like you are putting her out anyway. Most will say, "OK those go on sale in 35 seconds" and voila. The instant the clock hits 10:00, they find you tickets.