[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What questions would you ask Obama in a Town Hall?

TimC

I would ask Obama if it would bother him to steal $10.00 from each of his poorer neighbors to put gas in his shiny new Mercedes until his next paycheck? He may or may not pay them back if the car or he needs nothing else again in 2 weeks time.

I'd ask him why, during a time of financial crisis in which the US cannot provide adequate services to its own veterans and citizens, are we sending any federal money to states that provide social services without verifying legal status to be in this country in the first place.

Edited by yo mama

Good thread, TimC..should generate some interesting questions.

I would ask him if its frustrating that so many Americans are already cirticizing his efforts to repair the economy when he has been in office exactly 67 days.

I would also ask him if, had he known just how badly the prior administration screwed up our nation, would he still have run for President?

I would point out that during the campaign, he appealed to a lot of voters concerned about deficits and spending by pointing out that he was a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go, that for every dollar of new spending he advocated he was proposing an offsetting cut, so that ultimately, under his leadership, the country would experience a "net spending cut." how does he interpret that pledge in light of his recent budget proposal, which grows government spending at a rate of 10+% each year for at least the next decade?

Edited by Azazello1313

I would tell him I support his general agenda of improving education, healthcare, and energy as I think they are the key to long term prosperity in this country. I would then ask him to please find a way to do this, even if it means on a slower pace, that doesn't ramp up the national debt at such a hugh pace. It's important we get our financial house in order too.

I would point out that during the campaign, he appealed to a lot of voters concerned about deficits and spending by pointing out that he was a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go, that for every dollar of new spending he advocated he was proposing an offsetting cut, so that ultimately, under his leadership, the country would experience a "net spending cut." how does he interpret that pledge in light of his recent budget proposal, which grows government spending at a rate of 10+% each year for at least the next decade?

+1

I'd also ask him if 95% of the people will really receive a tax cut if you consider the backdoor taxes they will be paying in higher energy bills if he is able to get the cap and trade system through congress.

I'd ask him if it's time to channel the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt and bust up all these companies like AIG once this mess is cleaned up so we no longer will face the hand wringing of having to bail out companies that are too big to fail.

Who says they are too big to fail besides the politicians that keep getting hugh donations from them? Let them fail, get it over with.

I would ask him how he could slow down outsourcing . What can he do to keep jobs and industries from going completely offshore. Id ask him about Micheles ass. I would ask him if he is happy that he drove Perch mad. I would ask him about microsoft word and redraft leagues. I would ask him if he agrees with me about Joey Votto breaking out this year. Then I would fart, cup it, and throw it at the person next to me