[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid cars

AtomicCEO

So I went boarding today. I left my car in the park-and-ride about 30 minutes from my house and rode up with a friend. When I got back to the car, my battery was dead (I know... ironic from the electric car guy). I must have left the light on. :2cents:

Anyway, my buddy can't give me a jump because for some reason Saturns have their batteries in the trunk. :D ...and after an accident he had, his trunk does not open. He spent the insurance money on skis and boots, because that's how we roll out here.

So we flag down a cop who agrees to let me get a jump from him. We push my car backwards out of it's space and the steering wheel locks, so I have to put the keys in the ignition to unlock it. Done. Let's not keep this cop waiting... so I hop out quick and hook up the jumper cables, and as soon as I hook up the positive... CLICK. All 4 doors lock when the electric locks get some juice. :wacko:

My keys are in the ignition. Trunk is locked. Windows all rolled up. So my car is now completely blocking the aisle of the lot, and the e-brake is on so it can't be pushed anywhere. :D The cop shrugs and drives off.

So my wife had to wake the kids up from naps and drive out to bring me my spare keys and give me a jump. :D

Why would the damn doors lock??? :D

So I went boarding today. I left my car in the park-and-ride about 30 minutes from my house and rode up with a friend. When I got back to the car, my battery was dead (I know... ironic from the electric car guy). I must have left the light on. :2cents:

Anyway, my buddy can't give me a jump because for some reason Saturns have their batteries in the trunk. :D ...and after an accident he had, his trunk does not open. He spent the insurance money on skis and boots, because that's how we roll out here.

So we flag down a cop who agrees to let me get a jump from him. We push my car backwards out of it's space and the steering wheel locks, so I have to put the keys in the ignition to unlock it. Done. Let's not keep this cop waiting... so I hop out quick and hook up the jumper cables, and as soon as I hook up the positive... CLICK. All 4 doors lock when the electric locks get some juice. :wacko:

My keys are in the ignition. Trunk is locked. Windows all rolled up. So my car is now completely blocking the aisle of the lot, and the e-brake is on so it can't be pushed anywhere. :DThe cop shrugs and drives off.

So my wife had to wake the kids up from naps and drive out to bring me my spare keys and give me a jump. :D

Nice cop. He couldn't help you open the locked door? Did he have an emergency call?

My keys are in the ignition. Trunk is locked. Windows all rolled up. So my car is now completely blocking the aisle of the lot, and the e-brake is on so it can't be pushed anywhere. :D The cop shrugs and drives off.

This is precisely why the first thing we do with any car we work on is roll down the window. If the battery is dead and the windows can not be rolled down then the keys are placed on the roof.

Many of todays newer cars are capable of exactly this.

Nice cop. He couldn't help you open the locked door? Did he have an emergency call?

Around here cops won't unlock doors anymore (the last 20 years) because of liability.

I don't blame him. He didn't carry a slimjim or anything, and I had a cell phone. He doesn't need to babysit me while I wait for my wife.