[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tea Party day

driveby

Nope. The failure is on YOUR crowd - for failing to give two chits about this until a Republican was no longer in office. Gimme a break. :wacko:

You are conveniently ignoring that congress and Obama are not merely keeping pace with Bush - they are blowing the debt doors off of anything we've seen since WWII. Your argument that because people didn't protest when Bush rolled up the debt means today's protests are invalid is an epic failure.

Ursa and I regularly brought up our unfunded liabilities during the campaign last fall. It was a pressing issue then. In the current economic environment and new spending - it's damn near a death sentence to our way of life.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow that's an excuse for what is going on now?

Nope, but to pretend that the motivation behind this shouldn't be questioned is ridiculous also. What's next? A protest against nation building with Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Turd Blossom? A protest against child molestation with NAMBLA?

I know some of you are excited about this thing; but keep in mind a lot of us Americans are viewing this as a somewhat looney fringe protest implemented by the same ol right wing henchmen who have zero credibility.

Good luck with this; this is gonna backfire.

it's damn near a death sentence to our way of life.

This debt will force us all to be on the Gubment's teet instead of just those that really want to be and have no desire to better themselves. The rest of us won't be able to better ourselves now with the burden (especially your children).

So you're saying the government should ignore the protests of its citizens? This is a pretty big protest, I think it should merit some attention. The whole point of having representation is that they listen to you - not listening is grounds for a revolution.

Out of 270M+ Americans, I am guessing those protesting amount to less than 1%. "Pretty big" is a relative term.

There have been much larger public outcrys over issues such as abortion, stem cell research (either pro or con)...at the end of the day, it is the political views of those in power that dictate and enact policy.

I too wish there were lower taxes, a healthy economy, low unemplyment....but I am not in a position to question my government because I CHOOSE to live in a country ruled by democracy, not by the rantings of the vast minority. The majority of Americans voted Obama into office in what will be remebered as a landslide victory. His administration inherited a ridiculous amount of problems that nede fixing. some of the funds they have appropirated have been well-spent, others not so much. But they appear to be trying, and the economy has stabilized as these moves have taken place.

Are we really going to represent our country to the world as one in internal disarray, or as a united nation of states? Might just be me, but I don't want to live in one of those countries I see on TV where there are violent protests and unrest against the government. The majority of Americans voted the current administration into office....those that don't like it are free to leave.

Nope, but to pretend that the motivation behind this shouldn't be questioned is ridiculous also. What's next? A protest against nation building with Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Turd Blossom? A protest against child molestation with NAMBLA?

I know some of you are excited about this thing; but keep in mind a lot of us Americans are viewing this as a somewhat looney fringe protest implemented by the same ol right wing henchmen who have zero credibility.

Good luck with this; this is gonna backfire.

I don't know who organized it or why. I'm hearing interviews on the radio today from local organizers talking about hugh deficit spending and massing debt. People have the right to protest about that. :wacko:

Cindy Sheehan was a nut, but she had every right to organize and protest too.

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Out of 270M+ Americans, I am guessing those protesting amount to less than 1%. "Pretty big" is a relative term.

There have been much larger public outcrys over issues such as abortion, stem cell research (either pro or con)...at the end of the day, it is the political views of those in power that dictate and enact policy.

I too wish there were lower taxes, a healthy economy, low unemplyment....but I am not in a position to question my government because I CHOOSE to live in a country ruled by democracy, not by the rantings of the vast minority. The majority of Americans voted Obama into office in what will be remebered as a landslide victory. His administration inherited a ridiculous amount of problems that nede fixing. some of the funds they have appropirated have been well-spent, others not so much. But they appear to be trying, and the economy has stabilized as these moves have taken place.

Are we really going to represent our country to the world as one in internal disarray, or as a united nation of states? Might just be me, but I don't want to live in one of those countries I see on TV where there are violent protests and unrest against the government. The majority of Americans voted the current administration into office....those that don't like it are free to leave.

Dude you realize the left did the same thing to Bush the whole time he was in office right? So your unity BS is a bunch of hypocritical crap. If everyone that felt that Obama is killing the country were to leave, then most businesses would be shutting down. It is those of us that actually pay taxes that are pissed. I feel fairly certain that he 40% of the voting public that does not pay any net taxes voted for Obama. If those us that were pissed all up and decided to move to Mexico, Mexico would be a super power within 10 years, and the US would be in a lot worse shape than Mexico is in now.

but I am not in a position to question my government

Yes you are and hopefully always will be. Remember, the Government is supposed to work for us and not the other way around. In the past decades, I think they all have forgotten this -- Democrats and Republicans.

You are conveniently ignoring that congress and Obama are not merely keeping pace with Bush - they are blowing the debt doors off of anything we've seen since WWII. Your argument that because people didn't protest when Bush rolled up the debt means today's protests are invalid is an epic failure.

Ursa and I regularly brought up our unfunded liabilities during the campaign last fall. It was a pressing issue then. In the current economic environment and new spending - it's damn near a death sentence to our way of life.

OBAMA HAS SAID HE WILL ADDRESS ENTITLEMENTS. HE'S BEEN IN OFFICE FOR 3 MONTHS AND HIS PLATE HAS BEEN A LITTLE FULL. GIVE HIM A CHANCE FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME.

Dude you realize the left did the same thing to Bush the whole time he was in office right? So your unity BS is a bunch of hypocritical crap. If everyone that felt that Obama is killing the country were to leave, then most businesses would be shutting down. It is those of us that actually pay taxes that are pissed. I feel fairly certain that he 40% of the voting public that does not pay any net taxes voted for Obama. If those us that were pissed all up and decided to move to Mexico, Mexico would be a super power within 10 years, and the US would be in a lot worse shape than Mexico is in now.

Feel free.

I've got no problem conceding the expendtures are high, but in no way can you or I concede that the current "economic crisis" is something either one of us has a grasp on. Do I think something should be done via a "stimulus?" Yes, I am in that camp. I also agree with the logic that spending $ to save money is a good thing as well: I'm on board health care overhaul (but not towards single payer), entitlement reform (including means testing for SS recipients :wacko: ) etc.

I have voted 3rd party here as much as anyone (Obama is the first Dem I voted for) and will hold him accountable come 2012.

I am, however, tired of the overreations that actually end up being about nothing once a day or two passes, the dust settles and facts come out. This smacks of more of the same, quite frankly.

Another thing to think about regardless of how many people turn out for these things, how many people strongly agree with movement, but just don't protest? Conservatives generally do not protest. The fact that this many are, is pretty amazing and should show anyone with a brain how strongly people feel about this. When was the last time there was a major protest by conservatives?

OBAMA HAS SAID HE WILL ADDRESS ENTITLEMENTS. HE'S BEEN IN OFFICE FOR 3 MONTHS AND HIS PLATE HAS BEEN A LITTLE FULL. GIVE HIM A CHANCE FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME.

So far he has just increased them. I guess you can call that addressing them. :wacko:

I pay taxes and your mass generalization pisses me off.

Hundreds of cities and possibly hundreds of thousands of people has got to be one of the larger protests in recent history. :wacko:

People didn't expect Obama to fix everything right away. We have a legit beef about the way he and congress are trying to "fix" our economy. Most polled Americans were against the stimulus and many of the bailouts. They were passed anyway. There is a real concern that government has stopped listening to the people. Those people will vote accordingly come election time, but feel the need to publically voice their opinions now. I say, more power to 'em.

I would much rather live in a nation of bitter infighting, protests and violence if the alternative means that my kids and grandkids will lack the same opportunity and quality of life I have had.

Hundreds of cities and possibly hundreds of thousands of people has got to be one of the larger protests in recent history. :wacko:

People didn't expect Obama to fix everything right away. We have a legit beef about the way he and congress are trying to "fix" our economy. Most polled Americans were against the stimulus and many of the bailouts. They were passed anyway. There is a real concern that government has stopped listening to the people. Those people will vote accordingly come election time, but feel the need to publically voice their opinions now. I say, more power to 'em.

I would much rather live in a nation of bitter infighting, protests and violence if the alternative means that my kids and grandkids will lack the same opportunity and quality of life I have had.

Flat out false: http://www.gallup.com/poll/114184/Public-S...-Unchanged.aspx

A poll from around the time of the vote. it's a majority FOR.

Also, I'd like for perch to post a link that 40% of the USA receives a net payout without paying taxes. I call BS on that.

You guys are making chit up and can't even admit it!

Nope. The failure is on YOUR crowd - for failing to give two chits about this until a Republican was no longer in office. Gimme a break. :wacko:

the republican party lost a LOT of voters (including a lot of the libertarian types heavily involved in these "tea parties") over the last few years with their inability to reign in spending. it is precisely because a lot of jimmy's crowd (since that is who you are addressing) DID give two chits that republicans now find themselves out of power. the democrats smartly beat them over the head with it while the public was dumb enough to ignore the fact that, at every turn, the democrats themselves have advocated spending MORE.

so that's one reason why the whole hypocrisy argument doesn't fly. another reason is the

of deficit spending we are talking about here, which utterly dwarfs anything in the last 60 years.