[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tea Party day

driveby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. Although I have no problem if they want to take their ball and move to a different country. (However, if they try to start a revolution to overthrow the greatest democracy and society that the world has ever seen, I will be among the first to put a f'ing bullet through their head. Think I'm joking? Try me.)

You don't even own a gun you kommi koward.

Most polled Americans were against the stimulus

Just like Pope linked, this was purely false when you claimed so a few months ago. I linked numerous poll results and you said something about them being part of a vast left wing conspiracy.

Also, I'd like for perch to post a link that 40% of the USA receives a net payout without paying taxes. I call BS on that.

About 38 percent of households have zero or negative income tax liability, but almost certainly pay other federal taxes. So every time Perch says 40% of Americans pay no federal tax, baby Jeebus cries.

Edited by bushwacked

Here ya go: 41% don't pay

And this was 2006. Probably a few percentage points higher now.

Perch was claiming that 40% don't pay any taxes; which I'm assuming means federal taxes, which still isn't true. About 60% of those overall 40% households make 20K or less a year; 38% of American households have no income tax liability.

Edited by bushwacked

We've got Benedict Arnold TimC taken care of. We radioed all the Waffle Houses and had them offer all you can eat for $1.99. He won't make it past Richmond. :wacko:

Between the waffles and them gawd awful f'ugly wimmins up in Yankeeland, we're holding off. Especially now that it's raining. :D

Dude you realize the left did the same thing to Bush the whole time he was in office right? So your unity BS is a bunch of hypocritical crap. If everyone that felt that Obama is killing the country were to leave, then most businesses would be shutting down. It is those of us that actually pay taxes that are pissed. I feel fairly certain that he 40% of the voting public that does not pay any net taxes voted for Obama. If those us that were pissed all up and decided to move to Mexico, Mexico would be a super power within 10 years, and the US would be in a lot worse shape than Mexico is in now.

I pay taxes, and I'm not pissed.

And yes, I do realize that "the left" did the same thing while Bush was in office, and my advice to them would be the same: call me sily call me rude, but call me please or beat it, but don't sit and bitch and create further unrest in a country that needs to be united.

Except that's not what you said. Where's the part about the 40% receiving refunds?

Fred Thompson, in arguing that the tax cuts of the Bush administration should be renewed, said that 5 percent of Americans pay over half the income taxes in this country, and that 40 percent of Americans pay no income taxes at all.

Both figures are true.

The top 5 percent of all payers do pay more than half the income tax. They pay about 59.2 percent of all individual income tax, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan institute run jointly by the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution.

Thompson also said that 40 percent of Americans pay no income tax. This claim is supported by the Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax research group that promotes transparency in the tax code and economic growth.

There's a small caveat to the 40 percent number — it includes nonfilers, typically taxpayers who don't have to file returns because their incomes are too low. It's logical to assume that most nonfilers don't pay income taxes, but it's possible that some did if they had income taxes withheld by an employer. This is probably a very small number, because people with low incomes have an economic incentive to file a return and get a refund.

The U.S. income tax system is progressive, which means that rates increase as income increases. Given that structure, it makes sense that people with higher incomes pay more taxes, and people with low incomes might pay no tax at all. Thompson's numbers are on the money, and we rate them True.

You need a better link? Or are you assuming everyone gets a check?

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179211,00.html

That's the 2007/08 requirements. Cannot find 2009.

Perch was claiming that 40% don't pay any taxes; which I'm assuming means federal taxes, which still isn't true. About 60% of households make 20K or less a year and have no income tax liability.

I'm talking about income tax, and you should know that. I've never had a problem with taxes applied equally to everyone.

Perch was claiming that 40% don't pay any taxes; which I'm assuming means federal taxes, which still isn't true. About 60% of those overall 40% households make 20K or less a year and have no income tax liability.

Oh...that's good. They're contributing to Social Security but then sucking it dry.

Except that's not what you said. Where's the part about the 40% receiving refunds?

You need a better link? Or are you assuming everyone gets a check?

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179211,00.html

That's the 2007/08 requirements. Cannot find 2009.

You need to go back and read what I wrote again.

I'm talking about income tax, and you should know that. I've never had a problem with taxes applied equally to everyone.

The Congressional Budget Office found that earners in the lowest quintile, where most of those with no income tax liability fall, shouldered 4.3 percent of the payroll tax burden in 2005 and 11.1 percent of the excise taxes. Their effective tax rate (which is calculated by dividing taxes paid by total income) in those categories, according to the CBO, was in fact significantly higher than the rate of the top quintile..

Have to agree here!

Edited by bushwacked

Perch was claiming that 40% don't pay any taxes; which I'm assuming means federal taxes, which still isn't true. About 60% of those overall 40% households make 20K or less a year and have no income tax liability.

The 40% also includes all non-filers annnnd

The

IRS estimates that the tax gap—that is, the differ-

ence between what taxpayers should have paid and

what they actually paid—is about $345 billion. As

much as 25 percent may come from non-filing.

:wacko:

So the number may be skewed by those that either OWE taxes and did not file OR those that paid (under or otherwise) taxes, yet did not file a tax return.

Edited by cre8tiff

But what about the part (the part I still don't believe) that 100% of that 40% will receive tax refunds on taxes they don't pay?

We're still looking at a disconnect...

Where did I say that? I said 40% don't pay net taxes. Granted I should have been more specific and said income taxes, but you should have known I was talking about income tax, as it and the death tax are the only taxes I really have a problem with, because they are not applied to everyone the same.

Still you are tying to get off subject. We are not talking only of the taxes we are paying now, but the taxes that are going to be forced on us by the gluttonous spending of the Obama administration and the liberal congress.

Where did I say that? I said 40% don't pay net taxes. Granted I should have been more specific and said income taxes, but you should have known I was talking about income tax, as it and the death tax are the only taxes I really have a problem with, because they are not applied to everyone the same.

Still you are tying to get off subject. We are not talking only of the taxes we are paying now, but the taxes that are going to be forced on us by the gluttonous spending of the Obama administration and the liberal congress.

:D:wacko: I coulda sworn you said that the 40% who don't pay taxes were getting a net tax check. I don't see it here, but perhaps you said it before?

Oooops. :D

We're off the subject because I misunderstood what you had said. And I'm not calling SS taxes, and didn't think that was what you meant.

I found this link amusing.

Note the states and their rank...nearly all the states in the Top 20 of non-payers are Republican states.

Go figure.

I'm sure you can figure out why. Those states tend to be closer in proximity to Mexico.

Local "tea party" is being held on the County Courthouse lawn about a block from my office. The crowd is suprisingly large already given the pouring rain mixed with snow. I may have to :wacko: and join them for a bit.

At the same time, I would hazard to guess the Campaign for Liberty is benefitting more from the protest/exposure than the Republicans here.

Edited by wirehairman