[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tea Party day

driveby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

based on their rapid response and message shaping based on just about anything rush et al might say, there are obviously plenty of people in his operation whose job it is to do just that.

Given some elements of the crowds that showed up at the McCain-Palin events last fall, it's probably a good idea.

Talking about revolution and actually starting a revolution are two different things. I'm not going to put a bullet into anyone's head for saying anything. But if they actually physically try to start a revolution, I'm not going down without a fight.

I've never heard of gil scott heron and the only reason I ever heard of bill ayers was because the GOP made him famous. As for Chuck D, when he seriously tries to lead an armed revolution, I will go after him too.

there's

, there's jack bauer, and there's wedgie. the thin short blue line between civilization and anarchy. bless you and your eternal vigilance, sir :wacko:

Or maybe Obama doesn't listen to AM talk radio all day.

Ok, because it hasn't been talked about by ABC, oh wait ABC is the one saying Obama hasn't heard about it. Maybe because the NY Slime hasn't reported it. No, wait a minute, they are the one's that coined it an astroturf movement. Nope either he's an out of touch idiot, or they are lying when they don't have to.

Or maybe you don't acknowledge every critic you have?

Then you say no comment. You don't pretend like it isn't happening. It will be interesting to see if there is any real estimate of the number of people joining these protests, but it could be one of the larges protests in us history. So, that is quite a few critics to try not to acknowledge.

Today there is a Tea party Day that will be attended by folks who...just received a tax cut. Railing about things that...have been happening for the past 25 years.

Very short-term thinking - FAIL.

People are pissed because the level of deficit spending is skyrocketing. Yes, it has been bad for decades. Somehow that's an excuse for what is going on now? More (a lot more) of the same is going to solve our problems? It's simply idiotic and I applaud the fact that more and more folks are getting pissed about it.

Not surprising. Obama seems to be unaware of alot...including the tax cheats he employs. But, hey, libs....look at his new puppy. :oldrolleyes:

ABC Reports Obama is 'Unaware of Tea Parties'

By Julia A. Seymour (Bio | Archive)

April 15, 2009 - 11:13 ET

Maybe he just doesn't know that there are people who disagree with his massive tax and spend agenda. That would explain a lot. Perhaps the network media's near silence on the "tea party" phenomenon has kept President Obama from realizing that hundreds of tax day protests will happen today?

"The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties and will hold his own event today," ABC's Dan Harris said on "Good Morning America" on April 15.

Harris's story was the first ABC News report specifically about the tea parties since Rick Santelli's of CNBC's famous rant calling for a Chicago Tea Party back in February. CNBC's Joe Kernen referred to Santelli's impact on spurring the tea parties as a "cultural phenomenon."

Santelli reacted on April 15 to the hundreds of protests scheduled for tax day around the country saying "I'm pretty proud of this."

NBC also addressed the tea parties in passing on April 15 "Today." Chuck Todd dismissed the protests as "so-called" tea parties and said "the idea hasn't really caught on."

When my kids act like lunatics to get my attention, I pretend what they are doing isn't happening. They then realize they are indeed immature, and stop behaving like idiots.

Usually works.

thats what i do with the granolas. but they keep acting like schmucks. :wacko:

Very short-term thinking - FAIL.

People are pissed because the level of deficit spending is skyrocketing. Yes, it has been bad for decades. Somehow that's an excuse for what is going on now? More (a lot more) of the same is going to solve our problems? It's simply idiotic and I applaud the fact that more and more folks are getting pissed about it.

Nope. The failure is on YOUR crowd - for failing to give two chits about this until a Republican was no longer in office. Gimme a break. :wacko:

When my kids act like lunatics to get my attention, I pretend what they are doing isn't happening. They then realize they are indeed immature, and stop behaving like idiots.

Usually works.

So you're saying the government should ignore the protests of its citizens? This is a pretty big protest, I think it should merit some attention. The whole point of having representation is that they listen to you - not listening is grounds for a revolution.

Nope. The failure is on YOUR crowd - for failing to give two chits about this until a Republican was no longer in office. Gimme a break. :wacko:

The Democrat is spending more than every president before him combined. That may not bother you, but to anyone that actually might have to pay for this, it's getting them a little pissed off.

ABC is reporting, eh? So when it is advantageous, the "liberal media" is worth quoting? :wacko:

This is nothing more than "sheep Pong" on a nationwide scale, orchestrated by Rush's GOP. :D

It was started by a CNBC reporter, not Rush, not the GOP, and not Fox News.