[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dom Deluise has passed away

whomper

DeLuise Passes Away at Age 75

PopEater

posted: 4 MINUTES AGOcomments: 118filed under: Movie News, ObitsPrintShareText SizeAAALegendary actor-director Dom DeLuise has died, TMZ is reporting.

The Golden Globe nominated star was 75. According to TMZ, he passed away in his sleep at a Los Angeles hospital.

DeLuise is best known for his roles in several Mel Brooks' classics, such as 'Blazing Saddles,' Spaceballs' and 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights.' Other hits on his resume include 'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,' 'Fatso' and 'The Muppet Movie.'

Skip over this content

A frequent collaborator with DeLuise, Burt Reynolds released a statement to Entertainment Tonight on his friend's death.

"I was thinking the other day about this. As you get older you think about this more and more, I was dreading this moment. Dom always made everyone feel better when he was around. I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone. I will miss him very much," Reynolds says.

:wacko: I really loved Dom Deluise. The scene in Fatso where the Doctor is reading off the foods he will not be able to eat and a tear trickles down his cheek is one of the greatest comedy scenes IMO. A very funny man. Rest in peace.

He had his own true style. Very funny man. Some of his appearances on Carson were priceless and when he teamed up w/ Reynolds it was hysterical.

He had one of those laughs that made you laugh and then before you knew it, you didn't even realize how it all started and were just laughing at him laughing and crying.

RIP

Edited by irish

thank you, yogi berra.

:wacko::D

You know I just reread what I wrote and thought the same thing and then read what you posted. :D I'm still laughing...

Serious loss. Great comedian and accomplished chef. Met him many moons ago and he was as nice as nice can be. no matter who you were. RIP

I envy you. I have met Johnny Carson, Bill Cosby, Roseanne, several Bears (not Walter :wacko: ) and The Cryan' Shames. (Dr. Hook?)

But Dom would have been a highlight. Seemed like a regular guy. RIP!

:wacko: I really loved Dom Deluise. The scene in Fatso where the Doctor is reading off the foods he will not be able to eat and a tear trickles down his cheek is one of the greatest comedy scenes IMO. A very funny man. Rest in peace.

I liked him in a lot of roles but remember him in The End with Burt Reynolds for some reason.

Serious loss. Great comedian and accomplished chef.

I knew it. He's really prudhomme isn't he?

Randall beat me to it. He was great in "The End." He and Reynolds were a great team.

Guys like this just don't make it in the biz anymore. If you're not nasty and vulgar and have "an edge" :wacko: pretty much forget it.