[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeBron...

Brentastic

that was an incredible finish. I was going to change the channel after Turk sunk the shot with 1 second left... then thought, "ya never know." King James' finish is exactly why sports are so great - just incredible. :wacko:

For serious - that was a career defining moment right there, especially if they go on to win the championship. A great hockey game followed by a great Cavs finish!! Doesn't get much better than tonight sport fans :D

E2A: Until he gest busted for juicing that is :wacko:

Edited by Brentastic

Agreed! and I posted the same type of thing in the Playoffs thread in the Non-football forum. James is amazing!!

I guess it's true that you only have to watch the last two minutes of an NBA game. I turned it on with about two minutes left to watch all the drama. I thought for sure the series was over with the Cavs down 2-0 going to Orlando. Dude is money...

I guess it's true that you only have to watch the last two minutes of an NBA game. I turned it on with about two minutes left to watch all the drama. I thought for sure the series was over with the Cavs down 2-0 going to Orlando. Dude is money...

I've heard that a million times and the perfect example of who really subscribes to that theory is my Dad. :wacko:

I don't know, I'm definitely not as into the NBA as I once was, but I still enjoy watching the entire game. If you only watched the last two minutes, you missed some good action.

Now that I'm a little (or a lot) older, and my priorities have obviously changed, I don't have many opportunities to sit down and watch an NBA game from start to finish. But I probably watched 75% of this game ... granted, much of the time watching was also spent browsing for jobs online, catching up on emails and calender stuff....

Ditto can be said about Game 1 of this series.... as well as the Western games. Just awesome so far.

Jesus! What an incredible game-winner. The Cavs keep giving away hugh leads, they're lucky to have escaped with a win. I still say this kid has been on the clear since high school.

though juicing would help a basketball player tremendously over his non-juicing counterparts, at the end of the day, you still got to make the basket, and the juice doesn't help you with that, so it bothers me less than track and field athletes juicing, as there the whole point of the sport gets reduced to jucing.

cough*lancearmstrong*cough

though juicing would help a basketball player tremendously over his non-juicing counterparts, at the end of the day, you still got to make the basket, and the juice doesn't help you with that, so it bothers me less than track and field athletes juicing, as there the whole point of the sport gets reduced to jucing.

HGH helps grow the brain, including confidence.

As a Sacramento Kings fan that lost interest in the NBA when Robert Horry sunk the game winning three and dismantled the Kings franchise... I can honestly tell you that Lebron has single handedly made the game of basketball entertaining for me to watch again.

so then you wouldnt have a problem with any of the Major League Players that were juicing since the "drug" cant make you hit the baseball or paint the corner

Lebron makes watching fun. I don't have a rooting interest in this interest other than having predicted the Cavs to win it all. You'd have thought the Cowboys sent Greg Ellis packing the way I was jumping around last night.

In watching bothe games, Cleveland's problem seems to be they have no answer for Turkoglu. Amazing as that sounds.

Lebron makes watching fun. I don't have a rooting interest in this interest other than having predicted the Cavs to win it all. You'd have thought the Cowboys sent Greg Ellis packing the way I was jumping around last night.

In watching bothe games, Cleveland's problem seems to be they have no answer for Turkoglu. Amazing as that sounds.

No kidding. It sounds funny but it's true.

quit hating Megan Foxer.

TIA

I'm not hating, I love Lebron but the kid was as thick as Karl Malone in his 30s coming out of high school. Something just aint right about his insane muscles and talent. It's just not natural to be that stock before you even gain your 'man weight'.

... I can honestly tell you that Lebron has single handedly made the game of basketball entertaining for me to watch again.

In today's game, Lebron James = Michael Jordan.

Neither did the Celtics.

I'm not hating, I love Lebron but the kid was as thick as Karl Malone in his 30s coming out of high school. Something just aint right about his insane muscles and talent. It's just not natural to be that stock before you even gain your 'man weight'.

People have said this about me and Lebron for years now. Cant a guy just be naturally Diesel ? Jeez..

People have said this about me and Lebron for years now. Cant a guy just be naturally Diesel ? Jeez..

Yeah, but he's not all that hairy. Once you'd shave you'd look like the white version of Snoop Dog. :wacko:

By muscles, I meant all muscles, not just your right forearm. And by talent, I meant athletic talent, not the ability to distinguish the difference between the real Aqua Velvet and the Walgreen's version of AV :wacko:

By muscles, I meant all muscles, not just your right forearm. And by talent, I meant athletic talent, not the ability to distinguish the difference between the real Aqua Velvet and the Walgreen's version of AV :wacko:

:D Nice counter

so then you wouldnt have a problem with any of the Major League Players that were juicing since the "drug" cant make you hit the baseball or paint the corner

Read what I wrote. I said bothers me "LESS", not doesn't bother me. I think I have a pretty clear record at the taiklgate talking about my feelings about performance enhancement drugs

And while HGH may not help you hit the ball, it helps you hit it much further resulting in a major difference in the outcome. And while HGH does not help you paint the corners, it helps you throw the ball faster which also results in a major difference in the outcome.

I am less bothered (and here once again, focus on the fact that I have used the word less, not the word not) with drug use the less it impacts the outcome of a game. So soccer, for example is a team sport that relies mostly on teamwork, coordination, and ball handling skills which are minimally impacted by one HGH user n(though obviously they would still help). On the other end of the spectrum, in the 100 meter dash, HGH makes a huge difference in the outcome, the difference between 1st and 6th place.

Or to use your example, if I find out that Tim Wakefield was using HGH to be able to train more often and to recouperate from injury it will have been cheating, but it would bother me less (because HGH can only nominally help the knuckleball knuckle) than a 101 mph fastball releiver pitcher taking HGH, because the use of drugs will decisevly change the outcome of his pitches (ie hitting a 103mph ball vs 100 I gather is a world of difference).

In Lebron's case, I would put it right in the middle, as being big and physical is a very large part of basketball, and does influence the outcome, the growing the brain argument notwithstanding, I don't feel it influences the outcome of a buzzerbeater that much.

On an interesting side note, it's funny to see that people stated that Bonds evidently took drugs because he went from skinny to huge, and now I am hearing the argument 'he was always big' to prove drug use.

But let's be clear, drugs in sports reallly really bother me. They have left me with a really bitter feeling, and I do not watch track and field events anymore, and stopped caring about the tour de france two years ago even though it was always one of my favourite sporitng events