[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were the POTUS and you could invade one country...

muck

...what would it be and why?

My choices would be forcused on raw materials:

Option 1: Saudi Arabia; quantity of oil / natural gas

Option 2: Canada; proximity of oil / natural gas / water

Option 3: Mexico; proximity of oil / natural gas / vacations

Russia for the same reasons...

Option 1: Saudi Arabia; quantity of oil / natural gas

Option 2: Canada; proximity of oil / natural gas / water

I like the way you think, but I'd go Canada, Mexico, and then Saudi Arabia. I question if we would really be able to hold Saudi Arabia due to how far away it is.. There is enough French in the Canadians, where they would probably just lay down their arms. They have more resources than Mexico unless you count cheap labor as a resource. Mexico, just because I'd like to kick their ass again.

I'd say cuba would make a nice fit. saudi arabia you'd have to be fighting off mooslims trying to take back their holy land. canada we practically own already anyway. I'd rather find a way to keep mexicans out than bring all of them in. russia is just a wee bit ambitious as a colony to try and manage. france would just whine and go on strike all the time.

I'd say cuba would make a nice fit. saudi arabia you'd have to be fighting off mooslims trying to take back their holy land. canada we practically own already anyway. I'd rather find a way to keep mexicans out than bring all of them in. russia is just a wee bit ambitious as a colony to try and manage. france would just whine and go on strike all the time.

Cuba seems like very low hanging fruit... good music, cigars, and beaches. Seems like a good idea; although I'd rather get the oil/gas under the frozen tundra and the ice on top of it.

So, upon second thought, Saudi Arabia is probably too far away for a real colony. Maybe just annex the oil and gas fields under eastern Russia instead? Or maybe just annex everything north of Wisconsin, west of Greenland and east of the Ural Mountains?

Edited by muck

I would invade China. Then I would absolve us of our debt to China. Then i would eat some hot and sour soup. Then I would come back to the USA

I would invade China. Then I would absolve us of our debt to China. Then i would eat some hot and sour soup. Then I would come back to the USA

China would kick our ass. They don't have any limp wristed liberals to protest the war, and undermine our leadership.

China would kick our ass. They don't have any limp wristed liberals to protest the war, and undermine our leadership.

I thought Muck Garaunteed victory ??? Screw you Muck :wacko:

you dont want to fight china in china. make them move those billions of armymen somewhere.

you dont want to fight china in china. make them move those billions of armymen somewhere.

I think I'm right in saying that China has never won a war in their entire 3000 year history, apart from taking over Tibet, which doesn't count.

ETA: Most would consider their war with India in 1962 to be a victory, so strike that comment.

Edited by Ursa Majoris