[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Grasshoppa

geeteebee

I remember when I was a kid that he has a special car made. I don't remember the exact brand or model, but I do remember that it is a smallish, roadster type jobbie and that he specifically had no fron seat put in. He just sat on the floor.

Definitely an icon growning up.

RIP

I won't trot these out too often but I've had the pleasure and privilege of working with him twice.

This first time was in Ireland, on a low budge horror film called "Knocking on Death's Door" which was a partial rip of "Haunting of Hill House" or something like that. There were about a dozen of us yanks over there, and I had Thanksgiving dinner with him. On the set, the guy was a pro, and a jokester. We were shooting a scene where he's supposed to shoot up the actress. Because it was the master shot, he had to use a real hypodermic needle to do the load and squirt, then drop his hand down and grab the retractable needle for the push into her arm.

So...rehearsal goes off like a snap but when the shot comes around he never does the swap, but keeps up with is dialogue. I'm at the monitor with the director, quietly point it out, and he nods and waits until just before the injection before saying cut. The actress was freaked on camera, which helped the shot...when cut was called Carradine looked at us and winked.

He also had brought his guitar with him and became legendary around Galway for playing until 5am more than once on his weekends. The dude also liked his TV.

He was a PRO. And will be missed. :wacko:

Edited by Pope Flick

From TMZ:

We just spoke to a rep for David Carradine, who claims the actor's death was not a suicide.

The rep said David's death was "accidental." And there's this ... the BBC is now reporting that David's body was found hanging with a rope around his neck and "other parts of his body."

Carradine's body was found nude, hanging in a closet.

David's rep added, "We can confirm 100% that he never would have committed suicide. It was an accidental death. Everybody is in shock."

I don't know 'bout 'challs, but I have been to Bangkok. It is a freaky place with a lot of freaky things going on. I am having a lot of "issues" with the whole suicide/accidental death story.

There is nothing to indicate that he has had any instability problems off camera. I don't get it.

RIP

auto erotic asphyxia?

aww man, I hope there were at least some hookers involved or something. 'cause it's kinda depressing if he just accidentally died whacking off in a closet.

I remember watching kung fu reruns as a kid, and a couple years ago I rented the first couple seasons on DVD. one of the coolest shows ever. kinda redefined being a badass in a positve way.

I hope I'm getting it up when I'm 72.

rope around his neck and "other parts of his body."

sounds like Mr. Wiggles was a marrionet (sp?)

editied to add... not him... that could seem horribly off color, but his winky.. ..

Edited by Duchess Jack

I spent a few years processing defaulted student loans which included death claims. I probably saw five or six death certificates for "autoerotic asphyxiation" and several others that could have been but were just written up probably less embarassingly. Just one was for a female. It has to be the most stupid way to die plus how horrific for the family left behind. Not sure how to talk to kids about it or even put that notion in their head, but it is extremely dangerous and tragic. And more common than most would realize - though if Carradine did die that way it will open a discussion on it.

If he died by auto erotic asphyxia or suicide, I am very sad for the family members he leaves behind. Either mode of death is a tragic way to go.

Edited by Chargerz