[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Hangover

Do Work Son

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This movie is HILARIOUS...I think I literally laughed line for line throughout the whole movie. Zach Galifianakis just became a star! If you like a good adult comedy then this is a must see! Its worth the $10.

He was already a star to anyone who has seen him before. He was in the series "The Comedians of Comedy" on Comedy Central, and week in and week out he was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

I enjoyed it a lot, not quite on par with the awesomeness that is The 40 Year Old Virgin, but a darn fine comedy.

See, I always felt that the workplace stuff in 40YOV was gold, the relationship stuff kinda bogged down a bit. Comedy-wise, at least. Knocked Up struck the balance between the two a little better, but JMHO.

See it with your wife. It is surprisingly touching.

I actually saw it with my wife Saturday night. Even though she doesn't usually find these kind of movies anywhere near as funny as I do, she laughed from start to finish.

See, I always felt that the workplace stuff in 40YOV was gold, the relationship stuff kinda bogged down a bit. Comedy-wise, at least. Knocked Up struck the balance between the two a little better, but JMHO.

Yeah, but I am a big fan of that whole group of guys.

I actually saw it with my wife Saturday night. Even though she doesn't usually find these kind of movies anywhere near as funny as I do, she laughed from start to finish.

my comment wasn't serious. i copied the comment from the up thread.

that said, by all means see if the wifey will go with you to this. i'm going to give it a shot myself.

I think Knocked Up is a funny movie, but overrated. I just wasn't as enamored with it as so many others. For a better balance of some light raunch and a lot of relationship heart, I prefer Forgetting Sarah Marshall over Knocked Up. Marshall doesn't quite push the envelope like Knocked Up does, but it was far less predictable and every character was likable and had an unlikable side, which made the movie so much more interesting to me.

I digress... The Hangover was not meant to be a character study, but just a funny mockery of the Vegas batchelor party experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw it last night and have to say that I was hugely disappointed. I guess I was going into it expecting too much, but I thought it was pretty ordinary. This Vegas bachelor party movie has just been done so many times, that as far as they tried to stretch the limits, it is still a tired idea, an I I personally hope this is the last time it will be used for quite some time to come. I guess I wasn't really as upset with the movie as I was with the lack of new ideas in film. It could have been fantastic and I still probably would have been disappointed.

I saw it last night and have to say that I was hugely disappointed. I guess I was going into it expecting too much, but I thought it was pretty ordinary. This Vegas bachelor party movie has just been done so many times, that as far as they tried to stretch the limits, it is still a tired idea, an I I personally hope this is the last time it will be used for quite some time to come. I guess I wasn't really as upset with the movie as I was with the lack of new ideas in film. It could have been fantastic and I still probably would have been disappointed.

Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

I finally saw this last Thursday with the wife. We don't really get out much in general (have a young kid) but we went to dinner and saw this movie. It was a very funny movie. I laughed as much as I did at 40 year old, Wedding Crashers, or Knocked up. The wife loved it to. I need to see it again to remember more quotes, but I think there were a lot of great one liners.