[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

complicated facebook thing

Scooby

I joined my high school group the other day on facebook, didn't realize it was created by a guy I blocked--I blocked him after repeated attempts by him to become a friend, b/c he raped my sister Tamra's best friend, they couldn't "prove" it only gave him a 5 yr sentence for breaking & entering...I always use laptop "A" for all internet stuff, today went on faceook on that laptop, trying to post something & it automatically changed my words into something else. For example, I go to type the word "both" it changes it to "bqth" or "kids" then it automatically puts an apostrophe in there "kid's" which I can't backspace & erase/correct. I go to my other computer and I am able to post with no problems. Hopefully, I am explaining this clearly, but I honestly think he's behind this sudden problem with my facebook on that computer, my primary one. Please advise computer gurus. Thnx

ps--i did remove myself from that group, updated my security profile to max, still saw him as a blocked person, still can't type a word on that computer without it changing it to something else.

I joined my high school group the other day on facebook, didn't realize it was created by a guy I blocked--I blocked him after repeated attempts by him to become a friend, b/c he raped my sister Tamra's best friend, they couldn't "prove" it only gave him a 5 yr sentence for breaking & entering...I always use laptop "A" for all internet stuff, today went on faceook on that laptop, trying to post something & it automatically changed my words into something else. For example, I go to type the word "both" it changes it to "bqth" or "kids" then it automatically puts an apostrophe in there "kid's" which I can't backspace & erase/correct. I go to my other computer and I am able to post with no problems. Hopefully, I am explaining this clearly, but I honestly think he's behind this sudden problem with my facebook on that computer, my primary one. Please advise computer gurus. Thnx

ps--i did remove myself from that group, updated my security profile to max, still saw him as a blocked person, still can't type a word on that computer without it changing it to something else.

:wacko: Interesting...

Are you having any other issues with any other sites on the "problem" computer? When does this strange behavior show up? Does it show up while you're typing in a text box or after you submitted the text to Facebook? I'm not sure how much access Facebook gives group creators but it would seem a little odd that someone would change your posts to misspellings or adding apostrophes. Did anything else show up that you didn't type? By that I mean whole sentences not just "typos".

I highly doubt it's the other guy unless he has access to your computer (if I'm reading your details right). Sounds like the computer is the suspect to me.

Edited by BiggieFries

just that computer on facebook, all else seems a-ok; whole sentences really couldn't be typed, all screwed up

As you're typing them or after being submitted?

I've pretty much convinced myself that this ahole is behind it, unless someone here can explain otherwise..no big deal, I'll just have to restore my laptop/recover it if need be. Would that work?

Ok, he raped your sister's friend. And recently he has been trying to become your friend on facebook. Why now would he want to mess with your computer? I'm just not connecting the dots here I guess. Does he somehow hold animosity towards you for how his sentence went down? If so, why would he have been trying to become your friend?

Ok, he raped your sister's friend. And recently he has been trying to become your friend on facebook. Why now would he want to mess with your computer? I'm just not connecting the dots here I guess. Does he somehow hold animosity towards you for how his sentence went down? If so, why would he have been trying to become your friend?

Not so much a "friend" but more a stalker.

As a computer person, but not a professional... I don't think that what you're describing is possible.

I agree here. Scooby, are you sure it works fine on other sites? Are you sure you are not being routed to a pirate site? Have you re-booted th suspect LT? My keyboard went flakey once, but worked fine after a re-boot. Sorry no other suggs..

savage, not recently he's asked to be a friend, but as soon as I got on fb last yr, I didn't have anything to do w/ sentencing, just blocked him immediately at that time

I guess I still just don't understand why this guy would target you for computer mishief. And my initital thoughts are that I'm with Atomic... I don't think that he would have the power to do what you are describing simply by being able to see your FB profile.

This is usually the part where I post the tinfoil icon but I won't even though you're a little paranoid.

You may have picked up some malware somewhere either through an email or a bad site, not facebook. Run a full system scan on your computer and remove it. If you can, head on over to trend micros site and do the free online scan. Should clear it up.

ETA: Or it could be sucky VIsta on your computer. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

My laptop does the same thing and its extremely annoying. I can't even type an entire email without having to fix the auto jumps, mis-entered characters and all sorts of other crap. Not sure if its a hotkey problem or what, but I'd love to know how to fix it.

And Scooby, you just let us know if this POS is bothering you. You Huddle brothers will promptly put a pillow case over his head and take some battery filled socks to it.

you are all right--Vista, yes, ran a virus removal, now all is good. Yes, he gives me the major creeps, he was several yrs older than me lived down the street...he used to chase me on his bike all thru the neighborhood, then "grab" me you know where--I was 9 or 10 when that happened, didn't tell my mom b/c I thought I would get in trouble---watch out for your sweet daughters everyone. scum everwhere!

you are all right--Vista, yes, ran a virus removal, now all is good. Yes, he gives me the major creeps, he was several yrs older than me lived down the street...he used to chase me on his bike all thru the neighborhood, then "grab" me you know where--I was 9 or 10 when that happened, didn't tell my mom b/c I thought I would get in trouble---watch out for your sweet daughters everyone. scum everwhere!

Scooby,

I still have Guido and Carmine on a retainer. Say the word and this guy is toast!

What can we do for you Scoob??

Get us his email addy and we can make him wish he was never was born!

Say the word, and it's a done deal!

Scooby,

I still have Guido and Carmine on a retainer. Say the word and this guy is toast!

What can we do for you Scoob??

Get us his email addy and we can make him wish he was never was born!

Say the word, and it's a done deal!

Uh, we've never done anything like that b4 here :wacko: