[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who knew?

untateve

That fn Prince can play the guitar.

He gets going around the 3:45 mark.

Unlike some more heralded pop "kings", Prince is an actual musician. . .not just an "entertainer".

I actually enjoyed his Purple Rain experiment. I call it an experiment, because he never did anything like it again. Too bad. He is very talented to say the least, but some of his choice in music just doesn't cut it in my book. To each his own I guess.

I was watching that video and it was like seeing the ghost of Goorge Harrison at a younger age. It was his son. Amazing how much he looks like his dad.

I meant Prince, but Harrison is definitely underrated as well.

Ok...old guy here...I never heard of Prince! :wacko: But then there is very little music that I listen to that was produced after 1985! My Bad!

I meant Prince, but Harrison is definitely underrated as well.

I love George Harrison, and he has left us some great epic songs. My favourite Beatle. But the man barely knew the right end of a guitar. There is no way in hell to argue that he is an 'underrated' guitarist. And I say this with sincere admiration for the man.

Ok...old guy here...I never heard of Prince! :wacko: But then there is very little music that I listen to that was produced after 1985! My Bad!

You didn't miss much. Most music came to a grinding halt around that time. Good music since them is very hard to find and it's mostly not on the radio.

You didn't miss much. Most music came to a grinding halt around that time. Good music since them is very hard to find and it's mostly not on the radio.

I wouldn't mind seein a Bi-weekly installment from the KC House of Blues....i like live music and your basement is as close as i gets for me :wacko:

I wouldn't mind seein a Bi-weekly installment from the KC House of Blues....i like live music and your basement is as close as i gets for me :wacko:

I've been working on the next installment but since the wife went shopping with mom for two days, I promptly did what any good man does. I go on a two day bender with bourbon and beer to wash it down. I can only say that I was less than productive for the last couple of days. :D

:wacko:

right.......................

I love comments like this, good music since 85 is hard to find?? really??

Prince isn't necessarily my favorite - but is a phenomenal musician

That fn Prince can play the guitar.

He gets going around the 3:45 mark.

I remember seeing this - un-freakin-real.

I love the look on George Harrison's son's face - he's just enjoying watching a gifted musician rip it up.

hey Prince way ta take an awesome group effort an turn it inta a solo..... Petty didn't seem to happy....do ya think Prince is all that? SRV or even Lonnie Mack is better then that....i had ta stop watchin that overpaid piece of minneapolis chit :wacko:

I hail from Chicago, city of almost 3 million, with over 9 million in the Chicago Metropolitan area making it 3rd largest in the US. Along with people comes traffic - lots of it.

Usually I leave the office a little later in order to avoid the "heaviest traffic" but it's still always busy. As of late, I've been breezing home enjoying the open road. The first time it happened I was thrilled. It's not often that there aren't too many cars on the road so when it happens it's an unexpected gift. After a couple of times it hit me. Where are these people? Well, they are home. No job.

With over 25 years in business under my belt, this isn't the first time I've witnessed something bad happening in the economy. There have certainly been interesting times. No matter how many of these that you go through, they are never fun and the strategy is always the same. Stay afloat through it all, plan and come out better in the end. It actually works every-time and this time will be no different. Ask anyone who has been through it before.

That is the most accurate description of Princes guitar playing I have ever read :wacko:

I was watching Saturday Night Live with my wife one night and Prince was the musical guest. I commented to my wife about how much of a natural that guy is. He just owned the stage and was tearing it up so effortlessly. The guy has the goods.

Man, if you don't know about the genius of Prince, you've been missing out. He can play like 50+ instruments. The guitar solo at the end of 'Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad' is F'in sweet.

On a sidenote, I used to have this bootleg concert DVD of Prince - one of the songs, he moves to every instrument on stage and does a solo - it's unbelievable. Prince is the real deal, that's for sure.

hey Prince way ta take an awesome group effort an turn it inta a solo..... Petty didn't seem to happy....do ya think Prince is all that? SRV or even Lonnie Mack is better then that....i had ta stop watchin that overpaid piece of minneapolis chit :wacko:

:D

Have a BeeR with BeeR.