[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So i'm on vacation in S Florida.

tbimm

No he was actually joking with me about how I can't just hide out in the engine room. He wants to teach me a bunch on the other stuff too. I am very good with Auto electronics so that should carry over pretty well. Probably the hardest thing for me will be learning the carpentry skills required to do some of the interior refitting.

Do yourself a favor & stay away from the fiberglass work.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourself a favor & stay away from the fiberglass work.

Thats funny because the new boss said the same thing. He contracts all of that out. We were walking around the shipyard and I saw a few guys working on the bottoms of the boats. It looks like nasty work to say the least!

Great news and many congrats. :D

We make many trips to S. FLA for 'Canes and Dolphins games right down the road from you. We need to hook up one of these times. There are some great "clubs" down there with a lot of pretty "sights" to see if you get my meaning. :wacko:

Someone asked for some pics so here are a few. I have many more but this is what I have uploaded so far.

Engine room on 70 Ft yacht

Another in the engine room.

Entertainment Vault on 117 ft .

Entertainment vault in Salon on 117 ft.

Note all the screens and electronics on the bridge.

Don't Worry. 117 ft yacht

August Moon. 57 ft yacht

70 footer that I didn't catch the name of.

As i start working I will be taking many more pictures. I will probably just share them in the photography forum so if your interested check in over there.

Howdy neighbor! :wacko: If you need a pitstop in N.FL on your way to S.FL, feel free to give me a buzz. My doors are open, bro! Congrats!

It seems that I may still be rolling up to SC on occasion which will bring me right up 95 past your place. I will be sure to let you know when I am passing through and will make time to drop in on ya.

Update:

I worked this week for the new boss on 2 new purchase boats. Both on the smallish side. 1 47 foot Viking sport fishing boat that will be going into service in Mexico as a charter. The other a 56 foot Horizon yacht which was a charter in the Virgin Islands and will be shipping off to Greece to perform the same duties there.

I worked on a very wide variety of things on both boats and they threw the toughest jobs at me to see how I would handle them and to make sure that this is something I really want to do. Everything went great and I asked the boss if he still wanted me to pack up and head down here. His response was, " I would be very disappointed if you didn't ".

This is such a great change of pace from what I have been doing the last 15 years and I am very much looking forward to getting everything wrapped up in New Orleans and leaving that city behind.

I have 2 more days of work next week and then back up to the Big Easy.

Update:

I worked this week for the new boss on 2 new purchase boats. Both on the smallish side. 1 47 foot Viking sport fishing boat that will be going into service in Mexico as a charter. The other a 56 foot Horizon yacht which was a charter in the Virgin Islands and will be shipping off to Greece to perform the same duties there.

I worked on a very wide variety of things on both boats and they threw the toughest jobs at me to see how I would handle them and to make sure that this is something I really want to do. Everything went great and I asked the boss if he still wanted me to pack up and head down here. His response was, " I would be very disappointed if you didn't ".

This is such a great change of pace from what I have been doing the last 15 years and I am very much looking forward to getting everything wrapped up in New Orleans and leaving that city behind.

Awesome. :wacko:

You deserve it buddy. :D

Update:

congrats :wacko: