[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2009 Projections

rhino

The Wtd Avg Projections spreadsheet has been updated.

EDIT TO ADD: GO HERE FOR THE THIRD RELEASE (08/24/09).

Previous thread that contains details on these spreadsheets, that I'm too lazy to repeat here.

Updated projections

Huddle -- 8/5/09

FFToday -- 8/6/09

Fantasy Sharks -- 8/7/09

CBS Sports -- ??? (copied over on 8/8/09 [don't know if they updated them])

Added projections

KFFL -- 8/7/09

Other updates

Fantasy Depth Chart from Huddle (8/8/09)

Forgotten update

MyFantasyLeague.com's ADP -- sorry!

If you know of any other website that has FREE projections, please let me know and I'll get them in. NFL.com has some free projections, but they are not easily copied into a spreadsheet. Ugh.

And, if you have any questions, issues, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to post them here. Can't promise I'll get to all of them, but I can promise I won't get to it if you don't post it.

Edited by rhino

Hey Rhino.

First of all, THANKS! This is a great tool to have. Just wanted to add a suggestion. Last year I added a tab that had a line graph of the available players plotted by position. It gave me a great visual reference to see where sharp drop offs occurred. I'm going to look around for it, but I've changed computers since then. If I can't find it, I would recommend it as a very helpful addition to this wonderful spreadsheet of yours. I'd offer to recreate it, but for some reason the spreadsheet keeps crashing Excel on my new computer. :wacko: Harumph. Anyway, thanks again!

Very nice!!! Good work!!! How often do updates come out? Is this your last update? Thanks!

He usually does a couple more as websites update their rankings (but we all understand if he doesn't have time). Rhino = the bomb.

rhino, great great work here. I will definitely be taking my laptop to the draft this year directly because of this spreadsheet.

Quick question for you... once you are satisfied with your projections and rankings, can you copy-paste values on the one sheeter, then delete all pages other than it and the draft tab? I'd love to tinker with this leading into the draft, but it's just too large to actually function quickly with folks making their picks and getting it to auto-highlight the players as I input them (too much calc time going on). I know there are a ton of macros running behind this thing and I want to be sure I'm not going to screw something up if I try to make it run a little smoother for the actual draft.

Kudos Rhino! You always go the extra mile! Especially this year since my new baby boy is taking all my time and I have no extra time to do my research! Spacebo (Thank you in Russian)!

Thanks Rhino. I do a similar thing. One site I use is FSC - http://www.fantasysportscentral.com/footba...heet.asp?pos=QB

They currently have 8 websites on their average cheatsheet rankings.

I like taking their averages, compare them to the Huddle, and the players with the biggest difference could be a bargain for me.

This year Palmer, Portis and Ocho Cinco really stand out.

rhino, great great work here. I will definitely be taking my laptop to the draft this year directly because of this spreadsheet.

Quick question for you... once you are satisfied with your projections and rankings, can you copy-paste values on the one sheeter, then delete all pages other than it and the draft tab? I'd love to tinker with this leading into the draft, but it's just too large to actually function quickly with folks making their picks and getting it to auto-highlight the players as I input them (too much calc time going on). I know there are a ton of macros running behind this thing and I want to be sure I'm not going to screw something up if I try to make it run a little smoother for the actual draft.

Yes! Once you're satisfied will all the projections, weights for each website, etc, IT IS BEST TO COPY/PASTE VALUES on all the Position tabs (QB, RB, WR, etc), Position Rank tabs (QB Rank, RB Rank, WR Rank, etc), Position Rank II tabs (QB Rank II, RB Rank II, etc), One-sheeter, and others. I would do this on a DRAFT COPY of the spreadsheet, just in case you needed to go back and tweak something.

Totally agree that all the formulas and macros make it TOO SLOW to use as a draft tool, unless you do the COPY/PASTE VALUES as you indicated above.

Hey Rhino.

First of all, THANKS! This is a great tool to have. Just wanted to add a suggestion. Last year I added a tab that had a line graph of the available players plotted by position. It gave me a great visual reference to see where sharp drop offs occurred. I'm going to look around for it, but I've changed computers since then. If I can't find it, I would recommend it as a very helpful addition to this wonderful spreadsheet of yours. I'd offer to recreate it, but for some reason the spreadsheet keeps crashing Excel on my new computer. :wacko: Harumph. Anyway, thanks again!

LosGatos... I'm very interested in your line graph tab, if you're able to find it. Regarding your "crashing Excel", go to the previous thread on this topic (1st release), and there's a suggestion there on what to do if Excel crashes with this spreadsheet. Something about Open Office using the excel 2002 version. Hope that works for you.

I was looking into some insight/tips in how you guys use this spreadsheet during your draft.

It's a cheat sheet man, there are only so many ways to use it. Once you put in your info and get your ranks, just go to the "one pager" and print that off. Scratch out peoples names as they get drafted. It's been pretty useful for me the past few years. I wish I had one more update though as I have my first real draft this weekend.

It's a cheat sheet man, there are only so many ways to use it. Once you put in your info and get your ranks, just go to the "one pager" and print that off. Scratch out peoples names as they get drafted. It's been pretty useful for me the past few years. I wish I had one more update though as I have my first real draft this weekend.

Or better yet, bring it on your laptop & put in the picks as the draft goes & have the spreadsheet do the rest of the work of marking off players for you and then essentially giving everyone in the league a draft grade after you're done.

Maybe it's because I run a Mac but I really am having a hard time getting anything to re-calculate. Any Mac users out there with any tips?

Don't do Mac, but have you tried hitting the <F9> to do the manual calculation? The automatic calculation is turned OFF due to the number of calculations it would do for EVERY number you change. Enter your numbers in masse, then hit <F9> when you're ready to recalculate.

HINT: After recalculation, then go to each of the Rank tabs (QB Rank, RB Rank, WR Rank) and hit the appropriate <Sort> button to get them ranked as you prefer.

Maybe it's because I run a Mac but I really am having a hard time getting anything to re-calculate. Any Mac users out there with any tips?

What version of Office are you running? 2008 does not support macros, which you need to run this sheet. If it's 2004, I've also had some problems with it. But if you're on a laptop, you need to hold the 'fn' key and hit F9 to get it to recalculate. Then click the sort buttons one each ranking sheet.

I haven't tried running it on Neo Office yet, but I will update whenever I get around to downloading it.

What problem are you having specifically? Does Excel crash when you recalculate, or are you just not able to get it to recalculate at all?

I really want to take my laptop to my draft and use the draft tab to keep track of everyone's players since I am the commish. I can't seem to get anything to work on that sheet though. Am I doing something wrong? My league is Auction draft. I s there anyway to keep track of the price paid for each player/teams money still remaining? Any help would be appreciated.

There are a bunch of players that don't show up in the rank and rank II after I enter my scoring system and recalculate. They appear in some of the reference sheets bolded in red. What could be the issue? I'm using Office 2003 on XP Pro.

You're good. Refer to my long post in the 3rd update for the step-by-step on which tabs can be done, and which ones require a bit of caution.

Great stuff!

Here's another site w/free projections:

http://www.phenomsff.com/projections/index.html

D'oh! Thanks! I did NOT see this until after I put the last updates together. I have since bookmarked it, and will include in the next go-round, if I have the time to do another go-round. Again, thanks!

I was looking into some insight/tips in how you guys use this spreadsheet during your draft.

Refer to my long post in the 3rd update for the step-by-step on what to do, and how to do it. More details have been provided there than ever before.

I really want to take my laptop to my draft and use the draft tab to keep track of everyone's players since I am the commish. I can't seem to get anything to work on that sheet though. Am I doing something wrong? My league is Auction draft. I s there anyway to keep track of the price paid for each player/teams money still remaining? Any help would be appreciated.

Refer to my long post in the 3rd update for the step-by-step on what to do, and how to do it. And no, there is not anything in there to keep track of auction money. I'll see if I can put something together quickly (next weekend?) for that. Shouldn't be too difficult to do.

There are a bunch of players that don't show up in the rank and rank II after I enter my scoring system and recalculate. They appear in some of the reference sheets bolded in red. What could be the issue? I'm using Office 2003 on XP Pro.

Don't know for sure, but guessing that you hit the <Update Player List> button on the Rank tab, and didn't hit <F9> immediately after that. Or, you have inserted rows in the Position tabs (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF). And that will hurt things. Those that appear in bold red text in the reference pages (Avg Pick, Depth Charts, etc) is because the EXACT spelling does not match what is in the Position tabs (QB, RB, WR, etc). Feel free to post, provide further information, and we'll see if we can get you squared away. Another idea is to start over with the 3rd update (8/24/09).

just tried it with open office and everything seems to work just fine with the exception of the drafted players not being highlighted on the one pager tab
My guess is that the formulas on the "One Pager" tab have been wiped out. It's okay to do that, but only for columns A-AE. There's a "work area" on that tab beyond column AE that shows (via formulas) who has been drafted. And then, the drafted players are highlighted on the One Pager tab's cheatsheet from this area. Check that "Work Area" on that tab (beyond Column AE), and see if there's any data in there.

Another idea is that you're using the v1995 spreadsheet, which doesn't support the conditional formatting (which is used to highlight the drafted players on your One Pager).