[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

District 9 movie

TimC

Anyone going to see it? It looks badass.

Trailer looks cool.

Looks almost like a horror movie/Alien Nation type movie. 97% from Rotten Tomatoes. Consensus: Technically brilliant and socially poignant, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going to see it? It looks badass.

Trailer looks cool.

Looks almost like a horror movie/Alien Nation type movie. 97% from Rotten Tomatoes. Consensus: Technically brilliant and socially poignant, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic.

unless its 3 D :wacko: and made by Disney i wont see it

I heard this started as a movie remake of Hogan's Heroes... but then Peter Jackson got crazy.

True story - there was this WW II POW movie starring Bruce Willis called Hart's War. The Mrs and I were at the theater and the preview started rolling and she was like "what the hell is this?" I told her they were making a Hogan's Heroes movie and she totally believed me, hilarity ensued.

That might have been the high point of my life so far. :wacko:

I saw this tonight. Good, but not as great as some would have you believe. You see almost all of the big action shots in the trailer, but I give points for what qualifies as an original story in this day and age. It gets a B from me.

Edited by TDFFFreak