[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MacKenzie Phillips banged her dad

Big F'n Dave

It's so weird to think of John Philips the gentle baladeer of the Mamas and the Papas as probably the most unhinged of all of the musicians of the 60s. But that dude was truly messed in the head.

Hate to give any thumbs up to an incestuous rapist, but his album The Wolfking of LA is really fantastic. That was the last productive thing of his miserable life. Go to wikipedia to read the rest of the story. Totally effed up

It's so weird to think of John Philips the gentle baladeer of the Mamas and the Papas as probably the most unhinged of all of the musicians of the 60s.

That's saying a LOT too, when you consider how much "unhinged-ness" was going on then. I'll take your word for it. :barf: Sad for her. If that POS is alive he shouldn't be.

That's saying a LOT too, when you consider how much "unhinged-ness" was going on then. I'll take your word for it. :barf: Sad for her. If that POS is alive he shouldn't be.

He is still alive.

:wacko: Don't get me started as my father has/tried done this to my sisters

edit: not alive :D

Edited by Big John

He is still alive.

In a promotional clip for "The Oprah Winfrey Show," Phillips also says her father shot her up with drugs. John Phillips, who died in 2001, had a well-documented drug problem and was convicted of drug trafficking in 1981. He told many stories of his drug abuse in his memoir, "Papa John."

In a promotional clip for "The Oprah Winfrey Show," Phillips also says her father shot her up with drugs. John Phillips, who died in 2001, had a well-documented drug problem and was convicted of drug trafficking in 1981. He told many stories of his drug abuse in his memoir, "Papa John."

:wacko: Misread the article, I thought the 2008 incident referred to him.

That's something that can never be undone. At best you would hope that the victim (and whether he claimed it was consentual or not, she was a victim IMO) can put it behind her and try to live a somewhat normal life, but that's a scar that doesn't go away. Every healthy relationship she tries to have will be tainted by that past violation.

The :wacko: graemlin seems terribly inappropriate, as well as the title of this thread. Incest is a terrible thing, and the victim will often assume they were "willing participants", not something to be made light of.

BFD puts that graemlin on all of his posts as a trademark. I don't think he meant anything by it in this thread.

The entire scenario is sick and horrific. On top of all that, how can writing a book about it be of any positive?

True. Does this ever come to light if she isnt writing a book ?

The entire scenario is sick and horrific. On top of all that, how can writing a book about it be of any positive?

I know from someone pretty close to me that they are encouraged to talk about it. Also keep in mind that this will be a money stream for her and that may very well be something that she needs.

Edited by Skippy

The :wacko: graemlin seems terribly inappropriate, as well as the title of this thread. Incest is a terrible thing, and the victim will often assume they were "willing participants", not something to be made light of.

Simma don nah.

BFD puts that graemlin on all of his posts as a trademark. I don't think he meant anything by it in this thread.

Werd

I saw her in the traveling tour of Annie that swung through Denver. She played the bad guy's slutty wife (the ones who falsely claimed to be Annie's real parents for those of you who haven't seen it in a while). It's not a network sitcom, but it's a good job, I imagine.

Any chance it's not true? I mean, the guy's dead and can't defend hinself and this will surely lead to book sales that are through the roof.

Not trying to start anything as I really know nothing about the situation, but why is everyone so quickly convinced that her story is true?

ETA: If it is true, I seriously hope he is burning in the deepest, darkest corner of hell.

ETA2: Very, very sorry for you and your sisters Big John. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Just terrible. :frown:

But I have yet to here any comments of the other part of this story.... Mick Jagger??

To many he is an icon, much like Michael Jackson, but to me he is just as sick. Many people lay Michael's problems on not having a childhood of his own, but wrong is wrong.

If there are any Jagger fans out there, are you one now?