[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Johnny Knox?

THATHURMANATOR

He was last week but will he continue?

Week one Bennett had 13 touches to his 4.

Last week it was 9 to Bennett's 2.

Considering how brutal of a game that was for Cutler and the entire Bears offense, his 86 yards week one is decent. I think Cutler's game last week is a better representation of what their offense is capable of.

I picked him up and I'm taking a chance on him this week. Coles gets to sit on my bench until he starts averaging more than 10 yards per game.

Cutler lets emossion get in the way of his game. I remember one game when Royal dropped a pass. Cutler refused to throw to him and threw to Marshall the entire rest of the game which ended up causing the Broncos the game. They just stuck 2 CB's and a LB on Marshall and Cutler was intercepted like 3 times.

Done with the digression,

Knoxx is now Cutlers favorite. As long as Knox continues to grab Cutlers balls (I think there's a pun there :wacko: ), he will continue to get a ton of throws his way.

Cutler lets emossion get in the way of his game. I remember one game when Royal dropped a pass. Cutler refused to throw to him and threw to Marshall the entire rest of the game which ended up causing the Broncos the game. They just stuck 2 CB's and a LB on Marshall and Cutler was intercepted like 3 times.

I'd let this go but I'm getting sick of the irrational Cutler bashing from DEN fans.

Please provide a link to the game you are talking about. I've watched every game Cutler played with DEN and don't even faintly remember this. Cutler's only 3 INT game in his entire tenure in DEN was against MIA last year, and Royal had 7 catches for 69 yds and a TD.

I'd let this go but I'm getting sick of the irrational Cutler bashing from DEN fans.

Please provide a link to the game you are talking about. I've watched every game Cutler played with DEN and don't even faintly remember this. Cutler's only 3 INT game in his entire tenure in DEN was against MIA last year, and Royal had 7 catches for 69 yds and a TD.

Tell me about it... It's almost as bad as the Favre haters in GB. They're like jilted lovers.

Done with the digression,

Knoxx is now Cutlers favorite. As long as Knox continues to grab Cutlers balls (I think there's a pun there :wacko: ), he will continue to get a ton of throws his way.

Dear lord you're drunk.

I don't buy this for one second. Go watch the end of the GB game again. That last pick, the one that ended all Chicago hopes, was because Knox cut off his comeback route when Cutler read inside route. The defender jumped in, got an easy pick, and it was sayonara. The frustration on Cutler's face was very evident and the embarrassment on Knox's was just as strong. Everyone knew what happened, the Knox zigged when he should have zagged. If Cutler was ever going to bail on a guy it would be a rookie WR that made a rookie mistake that ended his team's game. Yet what happened? He came back and targeted the guy 9 times the very next week against a very tough defense in a very tight game. There were a couple of camera shots when he threw to Knox and you could kind of see him praying he didn't do a wrong zag again it was pretty funny. Knox is young and will make these mistakes but Cutler has by no means abandoned his trust in him. Just the opposite he seems to accept that and will deal with the consequences.

Has BB been in a better mood lately? This just seems "nice". A little too "nice" and it scares me. :wacko::D

I was a HUGE Cutler fan and it wasn't him moving to Chicago that turned me against him. It's the exact game you mentioned. It was the 3rd qtr on Miami's 31 yard line when Royal dropped a bad pass from Cutler which then forced them to attempt a field goal which was missed. Cutler went off the field screaming at Royal. It was a tantrum that made the kid look like an idiot.

From then on, it was the Brandon Marshall show with Pittman and Jackson getting a couple of looks but that was about it. I do recall Royal getting one throw, but that was only because Cutler was rushed.

Cutler is great talent, but he also has two paths he can take. He can take the JeffGeorge road at the detriment of his team or take the Tom Brady approach and work with his team and lose his arrogance. His current problem is he blames everyone else for mistakes. He needs to start owning up and grow as a man and he WILL be another Farve, Elway or Moreno.

Edited by BearBroncos

I grabbed him on 2 "Bearless" teams as a Chitown Homie... Not sure he's a trend yet, but has killer speed and may see more deep looks once they get Forte/run game going. Needless to say, he has the coolest name on my rosters. :wacko:

Fellow Bears fan here, and I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. Yeah, he has speed to burn and hopefully he'll continue to stretch the field so Hester can get some underneath routes. Really quite disappointed in Hester to start the season, but I think he has a solid, 60-70 yard and 1 TD game this week.