[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

best multi-guitar rock bands

Azazello1313

Thin Lizzy – Jailbreak (1976)

One of the first bands to employ dual-guitar harmonies, Thin Lizzy forged a style from which future British heavy metal groups would draw. Unlike their progeny, however, Thin Lizzy were at heart a pop band that favored melodies evocative of the heyday of AM radio. The exultant, working class spirit of “Jailbreak” and “The Boys are Back in Town” had an obvious impact on Bruce Springsteen, a fact that isn’t pointed out often enough.

Good call here. :wacko:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, you know I'm gonna mention the Grateful Dead. Honestly, Bob Weir might be the most underrated guitarist in all of Rock n Roll. He is sooo much better than most realize or give him credit for.

i was going to say them right off the bat but i figured there was no point. and BOB is way underrated.

Deep Purple only had one guitarist - Blackmore. Glover was on bass, Lord on keyboards, Paice on drums and Gillan on vocals.

Big Country had two guitars, I think, as did Thin Lizzy and, of course, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Lizzy may have invented the harmony lead, so far as I can tell.

As far as Deep Purple, I was watching VH1's Classic Albums for Machine Head and they were playing the masters sans Lord's keys....man, does he give Purple a fat bottom end.

metallica

For my money, of the "4 Horsemen of Thrash", Megadeth were always a cut above as far as making GREAT use of two guitarists, particularly when Mustaine was paired with Poland or Friedman.

I will echo the Iron Maiden replies. Love me some Maiden.

Tommy Skeoch and Frank Hannon from Tesla were amazing together.

The Eagles? I guess not really known for their guitar playing, but still worth the mention.

Only with Joe Walsh. Otherwise, the guitar is meh.

So I am gonna throw some out there that I have been listening to lately. Many great bands with two guitar players but here's a few off the wall bands that some of you may have not heard of or if you have just in passing. Some are popular and just not thought of.

Umphreys McGee

moe.

Black Crowes

Derek and The Dominos (Clapton and Duane :wacko: )

My Morning Jacket

Slipknot

Widespread Panic

Lots of good stuff! Just ran through my ipod and threw them out there. Good Day you.