[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings-Packers Week

griff321

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I don't think that the Packers screwed up when they moved on while Favre was contemplating retirement. The only thing they messed up was offering him a front office job to retire as a Packer and to file tampering charges against the Vikes. I could tack on that the Pack have paid incentives to their d-line for certain performances without salary cap consequences but I digress.

But Favre is free to do what he wants. If he wants to play football, he will play football. The Packers have no say in that whatsoever. Packer Fans feel that he's a traitor of some type. Playing for the Packers was no longer an option. He wanted to play so he's playing. Btw, I wish I had a quarter for every time Brett has used the word "Play". Or should I say the word "puhlay" since it's always a two syllable word when he says it.

Edited by MikesVikes

For the record, I don't think that the Packers screwed up when they moved on while Favre was contemplating retirement. The only thing they messed up was offering him a front office job to retire as a Packer and to file tampering charges against the Vikes. I could tack on that the Pack have paid incentives to their d-line for certain performances without salary cap consequences but I digress.

But Favre is free to do what he wants. If he wants to play football, he will play football. The Packers have no say in that whatsoever. Packer Fans feel that he's a traitor of some type. Playing for the Packers was no longer an option. He wanted to play so he's playing. Btw, I wish I had a quarter for every time Brett has used the word "Play". Or should I say the word "puhlay".

I can agree to this. However, I personally have never thought he was a traitor and always felt he can play wherever he wants. I was just sick of the off-again, on-again retirement bullsh*t and felt that it was time to prepare the organization for the future (Rodgers). I think Favre wasn't ready for that (obviously) but he started it by retiring but then wanting his job back when the organization already moved on.

But Favre is free to do what he wants. If he wants to play football, he will play football. The Packers have no say in that whatsoever. Packer Fans feel that he's a traitor of some type. Playing for the Packers was no longer an option. He wanted to play so he's playing. Btw, I wish I had a quarter for every time Brett has used the word "Play". Or should I say the word "puhlay" since it's always a two syllable word when he says it.

To be fair, though, Mike, that was by his own doing. Favre told GB he was done and they moved on as a team should. IMO, Favre has only himself to blame for the way things got ugly between he and they...

Favre is either going to have the game like he did in Oakland when his Dad died or the fiasco of 6 ints he put up in St.Louis years ago. I don't see anything in between with him. However, I hope we get the St.Louis version.

I'd be okay with the Oakland scenerio. Then people could just let it go.

He should have retired a Packer, but if he can rub TT's nose in it for whatever reason, then hey more power to him.

Either way, after the game many issues should be put to rest.

It should be an interesting weekend for football.

I'd be okay with the Oakland scenerio. Then people could just let it go.

He should have retired a Packer, but if he can rub TT's nose in it for whatever reason, then hey more power to him.

Either way, after the game many issues should be put to rest.

It should be an interesting weekend for football.

Yeah, I'm getting worn out myself over all of this. I can't wait until Tuesday.

Actually I think this is going to be a sack happy game...both offensive lines can't protect the QB worth a crap.

So we'll go Vikings 42 , Packers 7... :wacko:

.And I think you'll be very, very disappointed come late Monday evening. I see no way the Queens win this.

Don't tell the Viking fans I said this, but I think Minny, at this point in the season, is just the better team. They will probably win the battle on the line of scrimmage most of the night from what I've seen.

Wisconsin is about to beat Minnesota to retain Paul Bunyan's axe.

A good sign? :wacko:

Wisco on a 6 game win streak vs the Gophs....GB 5-1 vs Minny since Childress took over.

The trends are with Wisconsin. :D

Don't tell the Viking fans I said this, but I think Minny, at this point in the season, is just the better team. They will probably win the battle on the line of scrimmage most of the night from what I've seen.

Yes at this point that appears the case. My hope is McCarthy will right the offensive line use quick throws to keep them off balance.

That said it may be a defensive struggle-9-8 Green Bay. :wacko:

So far this year Favre has more pass attempts than Rodgers(94 to 90). Hopefully Woodson or Harris can run a few interceptions back.

Donald Driver never expected to play this long.

As a seventh-round pick in 1999, he was just hoping to make the team.

Now, Driver is on the verge of breaking one of the Packers’ significant individual records. With 591 career catches, he enters Monday’s game needing only four to tie Sterling Sharpe (595) and five to break the franchise mark.

“I would have never expected it,” Driver said. “That wasn’t my goal. My goal was just to make the team. Then after that my goal was just to play three years.”

Edited by Randall

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Artic...picks!.html

Here’s a pop quiz for ya: who boasts the higher passer rating this season and the higher average per attempt, Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre, the guy who invented football at Southern Mississippi in 1991 and caused the NFL Network’s Scott Hanson to orgasm live on national television last week?

If you said the orgasm machine Favre, you lost!

Rodgers wins the rating battle (97.2 to 94.5) and cruises to an easy win in the YPA battle (7.9 to 6.0).

The Packers enjoy a solid advantage in Passer Rating Differential, too, because they’re also playing well on pass defense (fifth in Defensive Passer Rating).

The Packers walk into Minnesota and spoil the day – another victory for a road dog – forcing Scott Hanson to spend some quality time alone in the bathroom Sunday.

Green Bay 27, Minnesota 26

Other stuff from CHFF -

Minny ranks 11th, GB 25th on the Offensive Hog Index - a measure of OL performance. GB's rank of 29th in Negative pass plays is deplorable, but Minny's - surprisingly - isn't all that much better at 23rd. Both of those ranking come with QBs who are playing relatively mistake-free, as well. Minny's OL might be a bit overrated - more solid than great. GB's is pretty awful.

GB is 5th in Defensive Passer Rating at 66.31, Minny is no slouch at 73.94 (ranking 11th). Both teams play very good pass D.

Minnesota is 2nd, GB 9th on the Defensive Hog Index. Minny is a bit better against the run and MUCH better on 3rd downs. Both DLs are very good, but Minny's, so far, is phenomenal.

Minnesota leads the league in "scoreability," GB is right behind them at 3rd. "Scoreability" is avg yds gained per point scored. Both offenses are VERY efficient.

In the defensive measure of "bendability", GB finally has a clear advantage - ranking 18th were Minny ranks 28th. Neither D is particularly efficient.

IF GB's OL can manage to keep from getting embarrassed by Minny's DL, GB has a good chance. Otherwise it's down to hoping for a Favre implosion.

Edited by Chavez