[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone ever made the playoffs with a 2-4 start in fantasy?

choptalk

I have lost every game by 6 points or less, I am 2-3 with a 4 point lead going into tonignt with no players left and my opponent has V JACK

I am basically 2-4 in a 12 team league.

Its frustrating because I have the 2nd highest PPG in my league and have lost every games by 6 points or less. Had a brilliant draft except for my 1st round pick. Had to take Forte with the 7th pick. Other then that awesome draft. Rice in the 7th, Steve Smith Giants 12th, you name it.

One of my best teams ever, and I have to watch team after team play against me with an allworld performance.

Played against Brady this week.

Played against SF defense 2 weeks ago when they scored 50 points agasint the Rams.

Got Chris Johnsoned.

It gets old losing 130 to 128 every week.

If there was ever a year where you could make the playoffs with a 2-4 start, it would be this one. The scoring this year has just been ridiculous. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the wrong side of a monster game this season across the four leagues I play in. I just had a team drop to 1-5 yesterday after Thomas Jones decided to get his ADP on. The only good news is that it's happening to just about everyone, so I think you're going to see a lot of FFL teams that are one game above .500 squeak into their league's playoffs this season.

I started 0-3, but barring a disaster tonight I'll be back up to 3-3 with a pretty easy game next week. More a case of bad luck than a bad team, although making the playoffs will still be a struggle. I think you just have to take an honest look at your team and decide if it has the potential to make it. If not, start planning for next year (I only play dynasty leagues. In a redraft, I don't think I'd ever give up trying to improve).

When I won $10k in the FF Championship of Texas, I started out 1-4 and then ended up winning the whole thing. Long ago, I saw Whitney win our work league after going something like 1-5 and then winning 11 in a row.

This year is so screwy that anything is possible.

Slow starts doesn't necessarily mean an end to a season. If it's just bad luck and matchups (ie. your team doesn't totally suck but the team you're facing is always having a huge week) then you just have to hang in there. You have a good team!

But if you're kind of sputtering along or your team totally sucks... make a damn trade! Swallow your pride and make a move. Open a dialogue with some of those teams at the top and try to nab an underperforming player or two with favorable schedules.

Last year I was one of the better teams. For a few weeks I was pestering one of those 1-4/1-5 teams for a trade. Finally got him in a spot to accept Warner/T.Jones for Brees/Giants D. At the time Brees was on fire and Giants D was looking great. Warner was doing well but Jones started slow. It worked out for both of us with that cellar dwellar making the playoffs thanks to Warner's huge season and Jones' surge after his bye.

in one league i'm about to drop to 1-5 with the 3rd highest scoring team. But i'm more confident in this team then my leagues where I am .500 or better. Weird.

In 2003, we had an owner start 0-7, win 6 in a row (with miraculous tiebreakers and luck) to make the playoffs, then win the damn thing. You could say he 'pulled a whitney'. This owner had one thing going for him that year, manning and his 49 TDs. And I suspect at 2-4, you have a much more balanced team. Luck tends to even out so hang in there and keep dressing your best possible team.

On a side note, I'm finding team defense to be single-handedly deciding games this year more than ever--a by-product of the extra terrible teams I suppose, but frankly I've been burned megascores over and over again. I kinda miss the good ol' days...

Yea, im in another league with a 4-2 record that I dont think is near as good as my soon to be 2-4 baring a total no show by vjack tonight.

In a 12 team league I have R,RICE, , R,Brown as my 2 primary starters, and I managed to get those guys despite taking forte.

I also have Colston, S,Smith Giants, G Jennings. as wrs with TJ whoyour moma and Manningham as backups.

Drew Brees is my starter with B Favre as my backup

TE is Celeck.

It dont get much better then that in a 12 team league

Edited by choptalk