[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tailgate was much better when...

gbpfan1231

I will also add that I can't think of another point in my lifetime where politics were as important as they are now. When was the last time that people were this "into" politics? It is a nonstop discussion almost anywhere you turn. It is the most important topic out there right now and I used to look forward to learning a bit by reading the discussions here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also add that I can't think of another point in my lifetime where politics were as important as they are now. When was the last time that people were this "into" politics? It is a nonstop discussion almost anywhere you turn. It is the most important topic out there right now and I used to look forward to learning a bit by reading the discussions here.

Where are you going with this?

If you want to talk about healthcare, start a thread. It probably won't get locked until it degresses. If you want to talk about Afghanistan or Iraq or Iran, go for it. Start a topic on a political subject and see where it goes.

If you start a thread saying "Have to agree here Obama is the devil and he's killing grandmothers!"... it's probably not going to last, and shouldn't because it has no substance, much like any thread like that on Bush was locked or deleted (and the poster eventually banned).

There has to be thousands of message boards you can go circle jerk in and argue on the innernet about politics. Complaining about it is weak. Go cry somewhere else.

Took the words out my mouth. This is a sports-related website. The TAIL-f'in-GATE. Do you talk about politics at your tailgate? Really?

Took the words out my mouth. This is a sports-related website. The TAIL-f'in-GATE. Do you talk about politics at your tailgate? Really?

My guess is that in today's political climate many political discussions at a tailgate function would wind up with someone having a bloody nose.

There has to be thousands of message boards you can go circle jerk in and argue on the innernet about politics. Complaining about it is weak. Go cry somewhere else.

I dunno, most sites are either totally overrun with wild-eyed lefties or loony righties all confirming each others prejudices. There aren't many straight up discussion sites pretty much evenly split like here with all shades of blue and red, plus some purple.

Edit: Purple doesn't refer to you Vikings idiots either. :wacko:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I dunno, most sites are either totally overrun with wild-eyed lefties or loony righties all confirming each others prejudices. There aren't many straight up discussion sites pretty much evenly split like here with all shades of blue and red, plus some purple.

Edit: Purple doesn't refer to you Vikings idiots either. :wacko:

racist :D

How about this: I shall start a thread that answers untateve's question that was the last one asked on one of the political threads that was closed. It will obviously be a political topic.

There will be no "Have to agree here" replies. Any links to anything will have a short description as to what will be seen and why anyone should click on the link. All replies will be respectful and be responsive to the subject at hand. Let's try to not get locked.

All that seems to be within The Huddle rules. Anyone want to try?

Edited by Lady.hawke

I appreciate the late night chuckle

I am guessing that you do not think it is possible - and you certainly have the experience to know - I was just trying! Perhaps it could happen? Time will tell. I agree that it is a longshot. I am just willing to try.

As always, all the best!

Edited by Lady.hawke

How about this: I shall start a thread that answers untateve's question that was the last one asked on one of the political threads that was closed. It will obviously be a political topic.

There will be no "Have to agree here" replies. Any links to anything will have a short description as to what will be seen and why anyone should click on the link. All replies will be respectful and be responsive to the subject at hand. Let's try to not get locked.

All that seems to be within The Huddle rules. Anyone want to try?

I have an idea... why don't you imagine what you're going to post about Obama not being a US Citizen, and then do a Google search and find your own links that disprove it and read them. That would save a lot of time and effort.

....do a Google search and find your own links that disprove it and read them......

You're asking this poster to read links providing factual information that refutes what this poster wants to believe?

:wacko::D:D