[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tailgate was much better when...

gbpfan1231

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be thousands of message boards you can go circle jerk in and argue on the innernet about politics. Complaining about it is weak. Go cry somewhere else.

Not crying - just stating an opinion that I enjoy reading these topics in the tailgate. I guess part of the reason they get closed is that people tend to spout off on topics without adding anything to them like you just did. Why go tell someone to cry somewhere else? Would have saved you some time and effort to just not post.

Took the words out my mouth. This is a sports-related website. The TAIL-f'in-GATE. Do you talk about politics at your tailgate? Really?

Let's see off the top of my head there are topics about Soupy Sales, buying a digital camera, choosing to get rid of pets, computer website questions - all in the TAIL-f'in GATE - not really sports related but i will add that I did draft Soupy Sales in the 5th round this year.

I dont really call what you guys do in here talking about politics.Its just the right taking its turn to jam it up the lefts ass because the left jammed it up the rights ass when Bush was in power. Repetitive nonsense.

+1

It's not about being offended. It is about the fact that once the name calling and immaturity starts the thread loses any sense of political value and becomes the same exact joke of a thread no matter what the topic.

When the TG getting over run with repetitive political threads it discourages people from posting other stuff IMO..I still dont know why we dont have a politics forum. Even if we did you bitches would still complain that it wasnt in here. Its about banging your rattles more than the content. Politics forum. Problem solved..There is no single topic that needs its own forum more. I know when I suggested this the other day I was hit with the slippery slope defense "Whats next Religion forum etc" but I dont believe any of those topics are debated as heavily and in as many threads as politics. Not by a long shot. We have heated religion discussions sporadically. You heathen Godless bastards

+2

What we need is a politics forum & a mod who will rule it with a fair, but iron fist. Allow the politics, lock the bullsheet. How about calling it a "Current Events" forum :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

I guess part of the reason they get closed is that people tend to spout off on topics without adding anything to them like you just did.

And you're above this? You know this forum has a search feature, right?

Top highlights of a 30 second skim of gbpfan posts:

"I will take that over Barack "Tax my ass off" Obama"

You called people "Obama nuthuggers"

You told people to "Quit your F'in whining" about banks.

This is the kind of intelligent discussion of issues you want to have?

:wacko: I know when I really tailgate we just cant get enough politics talk ..It usually end with us heading into the stadium chancting "GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT..GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT"

Edited by whomper

And you're above this? You know this forum has a search feature, right?

Top highlights of a 30 second skim of gbpfan posts:

"I will take that over Barack "Tax my ass off" Obama"

You called people "Obama nuthuggers"

You told people to "Quit your F'in whining" about banks.

This is the kind of intelligent discussion of issues you want to have?

My issue was that the post that Gilthorp made did not really add anything or was not even really on the topic. It was basically just saying that he thought the topic was useless and that I was crying that there are no more political posts. That is the way I read it and maybe I was wrong - not sure? I don't care if someone wants to rip on me or call me any name you want I am just saying that you should add to the topic - that is all.

The above posts you reference were all specifically about the topics that were being discussed. I don't go into the Photography forum and make comments about topics that I think are boring or not worthy and tell them to quit whining about shutter speed.

I was just saying that lately when I peruse the topics in the tailgate that I have been yawning a bit and I used to look forward to logging in on my lunch hour and reading some political posts. I listen to conservative radio (not Rush - can't stand that dude) and like to read liberal view points also.

:D I know when I really tailgate we just cant get enough politics talk ..It usually end with us heading into the stadium chancting "GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT..GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT"

But uh... :D ... It's actually called gross domestic product! Heh, heh, snort. :wacko::D

Well it sure seems like a lot of people think the guy can do nothing wrong when in fact it seems like he has just done nothing.

It sure seems like you are compartmentalizing.

ETA: if you want to find your liberal bogeyman, maybe Randall will make a post. If i want to rally against the right wing bogey man, we just let Perch make 20,000 posts a minute.

Edited by bushwacked

. . . . is this the start of having this thread locked?

All we need now is a post by perch regarding illegal immigrants, caddyman ranting about whatever Glenn Back tells him to be mad about and we have ourselves a rip roaring THREAD going people!! :wacko:

Edited by bpwallace49

Well it sure seems like a lot of people think the guy can do nothing wrong when in fact it seems like he has just done nothing.

Nothing? Hmmmm. Wanna take a look at the 401k thread? The stock market is a leading indicator. Unemployment is bottoming out - that's a lagging indicator. We're not out of the woods yet by any means but things are looking decidedly better than they were this time last year.

Me the wife, and two other couples were at the sports bar (not exactly a tailgate but close enough) watching the Texas game tonight. After we agreeing that Colt McCoy would be a lock for the Heisman if he were only black, we decided to talk about illegal immigration as we watched a person of questionable citizenship bussing the table next to ours. Is that the same thing has having a political conversation while tailgating?